• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and DID?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I have a female friend who recently revealed to me that she has Dissociative Identity Disorder, after which she stated that she's an ISFP 2 but her other 'personality' is an INTJ 5. Needless to say, I found this absolutely fascinating as it had never occurred to me that DID could result in multiple MBTI personalities.

In any case, I'm wondering if anyone has anything of value or interest to contribute to my understanding of this MBTI/DID paradigm. Personal stories, studies, etc. - everything is welcome.

Thanks.

Moonlit Serenity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
In this case it could be that the ISPF is acting as a shadow to the INTJ personality or the other way around. What this really means is that she is both INTJ/ISPF and 5/2. She may even have other personalities with different types. Basically she is a very complex person. Have you ever talked to any of her other personalities? This is indeed very interesting for I have a close friend with a very similar situation.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In this case it could be that the ISPF is acting as a shadow to the INTJ personality or the other way around. What this really means is that she is both INTJ/ISPF and 5/2. She may even have other personalities with different types. Basically she is a very complex person. Have you ever talked to any of her other personalities? This is indeed very interesting for I have a close friend with a very similar situation.

I am not really sure if I've talked to her other personalities but I plan to discuss this subject further with her this Friday, if she will allow for it.

Moonlit Serenity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My friend does not have DID but he was in an accident a few years back and now has amnesia. He is a totally different person than he was before the accident. In fact his MBTI type was an INTJ before the accident but is now an ISPF. This is all very fascinating to me and I would be very interested to know how it goes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
actually, it's really interesting to think of DID/MPD in this light. as in engaging a different preset of cognitive functions, i mean.

hm. wish i knew more about the diagnosis, but alas, i do not... everything i keep reading says it is a "questioned" diagnosis - not that i question your friend of having it, but i mean that it's hard to find decisive informations online

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yes. I've found that this area of study has been left largely untilled, which is a shame in my opinion. Perhaps progress in neuroscience/psychology/etc., will shed new light on the matter one day...

This is why I wish I had been born in the future. :cry:

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My friend does not have DID but he was in an accident a few years back and now has amnesia. He is a totally different person than he was before the accident. In fact his MBTI type was an INTJ before the accident but is now an ISPF. This is all very fascinating to me and I would be very interested to know how it goes.

Ah, I see.

I don't think I really can contribute anything to this thread at the moment.

Bummer.