• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which types are often the most animated?

Sunny Ghost

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately... some people are very animated... others aren't...

Some xSTP's I know can be very animated folk... however, I know others that aren't either...

And many xSFP's can be quite animated as well... but then again, I know others that aren't...

And same going down the line...

NF's, NT's, SJ's...

I often wanted to associate being animated with being either an SP or a feeler (NF's, SFP's). But I can think of a few ENTP's and ENTJ's that can be a bit animated as well. So, perhaps it's an extroverted quality... a feeler quality and an Se quality?

Is this just a difference of individual personality and psyche and not related to type at all?

The only type I can think of that is the least animated would probably be introverted NT types and SJ's... except maybe on rare occasion.

What do you guys think?

Sunny Ghost

Hmm... I feel as though the term "animated" may also be too broad.

You have performers, actors, clowns, goof-balls, etc...

and I related it to Feelers due to empathizing--ability to feel a character and then jump into it...

and Se due to being reactive upon stimuli.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It's the extroverted functions that are generally the active ones.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe because I recently am obsessed with FSPs but xFSPs can be extremely animated. Especially when they get excited.

Also one of my sisters is an INFJ and although pretty bland as far as her daily expressions. When something particularly awakens the senses. Dancing, music she really like, hot springs etc...especially horror movies (which she hates but is nevertheless the best person to watch a horror movie with because she starts to panic and freak out like what is happening on the screen is really happening...i.e. scream, cover eyes, run around the house like a chicken with its head cut off)

Sunny Ghost

i suppose i brought up the thread, partially because i was curious myself... but also because kdude recently mentioned it was typically ENFJ's who were especially animated and often clown-like silly.

my sister, an ESFJ could be silly sometimes... but it's in a different way than how i am when i become animated or get in my silly moods. i suppose, sometimes i take on silly personas. with my sister, it's more like she'll exaggerate her laughs or snorts. but i wasn't sure if i should relate this to Fi or Se. i've seen some ESTP's who could be just as silly in a similar way as me. but perhaps i'm mistyping this one ESTP i have in mind... they've always been a bit borderline T/F for me...

KDude

I didn't say that about ENFJ. I said some Socionics INFps and ISFps can be maudlin clowns, as a way to say I wasn't an INFp in Socionics. It's a different energy and openness. Fe types are expressive in general though. Some in not very maudlin ways at all. More like sophisticated in their gestures or effusiveness. And some are like the doting Aunt.

Sunny Ghost

^sorry, i do remember that now. i got it confused for some reason... i just recalled you related it mostly with Fe.

but comparing an ESFJ to an ESFP or an ISFJ to an ISFP, i just don't see that as being the case...

KDude

I never compared them. I said Socionics Alphas are a made up of SJs and SPs, but a lot of the behavior described about Alpha is SJ.

I have to say though, I mentioned when you started asking about Socionics to try to seperate the two systems first, but you keep making these inquiries that show you're trying to fit all together.

Sunny Ghost

but i'm not trying to talk about socionics here... much of the time i'm talking about mbti, except in my two threads specifically towards socionics.

dern it. i wanted to find the thread where i may have made this discrepancy... but it's gone! it was the hot sex forum, right?

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I can be pretty animated:

nbdlcx.jpg

Sunny Ghost

thinking about all my friends and people i know or work with and their type and how fun or rigid or animated or proper they can be... i don't know that this can really be narrowed down to type...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The thing about analysis of peoples animative qualities is that if you're trying to observe them around people there is a good chance that each is using an extraverted function to communicate with others and so everyone appears animated even if they are Introverted. The key is to figure out which ones burn out the quickest.

Sunny Ghost

oh, i know better than to chuck it to either E or I.

i'm quite an animated introvert... and i know others that are as well.

mostly trying to break it down by SP, NF, SFJ, STJ, NT, etc.

but no success so far.

i know many of each type... and the only ones i can think of as being consistently unanimated are ESTJ and ISFJ. but this is from personal experience, and i'm sure an inaccurate indication of the rest of the globe.