• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes.. and yes..

I think eNFj and 6w5 in conjunction, paint an exceptionally accurate portrayal of who I am both on the surface and deep inside.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Equally, because I only make sense in both dimensions.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am not sure yet about what my enneagramm type is, although some have tried to help me here on this forum to pin it down (apparently I am supposed to be a type 9). Reason is why I don't feel safe with it yet is that I did not get that feel of "THAT'S ME!" with enneagramm type descriptions yet, and I tend to score on tests also on different types often.

With MBTI it was different. I test consistently as INFP and I can very well identify with most things of descriptions.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My enneatype. I think it identify more meaningfull characteristics than MBTI do. MBTI is not enough stable and assumes that we always behave in the same way, wich is wrong for a stong part of peoples.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I am not sure yet about what my enneagramm type is, although some have tried to help me here on this forum to pin it down (apparently I am supposed to be a type 9). Reason is why I don't feel safe with it yet is that I did not get that feel of "THAT'S ME!" with enneagramm type descriptions yet, and I tend to score on tests also on different types often.

With MBTI it was different. I test consistently as INFP and I can very well identify with most things of descriptions.

You sound just like me, just flip the INFP for INTJ.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Enneagram makes so much more sense to me, it shows different levels of growth and personal responsibility meaning you don't need to fit with everything to be able to see where you slot within the Enneagram. I had a tough time recognising myself within the Enneagram initially, as much as I tested consistently as 7 I thought I identified more as 5 because of behavioural things, it took recognising my internal preferences even if I don't use them. Enneagram gives me a lot more understanding of how to grow for the better. In ways I have more in commone with any ExxP E7w8 than an ENTP non-E7.

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Enneagram and MBTI in concert together describe me the best.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wow... enneagram's getting more support than I was expecting... interesting...

*bump*

gromit

likes this
More with enneagram.

I identify most with ISFP of all the MBTI types , but I really do identify with all the xxFPs to some extent at least. As for enneagram, I also identify with several of the other types, but there's a lot of stuff in the type 9 description that is really so right on target with me. Sometimes eerily so.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify with them equally, but I personally find the enneagram more useful.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm going with MBTI. Although that is probably just because I've known about it longer and actually learned the basics in a class. Whereas I've just recently learned about enneagram. And that is just on my own and help from one friend. But from what I have learned me being 9w1 is pretty accurate :)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most certainly with my enneagram (7w8) much more than my MBTI (ENTJ).

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I used to think MBTI was useless and the enneagram is the true system, but now I am kind of mucked up. I think it's just hard for me to reconcile my INFJness with the sensate 6 descriptions. My wings are easy enough to connect with MBTI (my five wing was like my Ni-Ti and my seven wing was Fe-Se), and the six description makes a lot of sense, it relates to how my environment changed me, and seems to help me more with personal growth. I just am so skeptical of it (But apparently that is very sixish of me). It also seems to account to why I find I have a different attitude to a lot of INFJ 4's. Maybe I imagine that though.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Enneagram fo sho.

I still can't decide on my MBTI type, and I don't think I ever will. I think it's also a slightly outdated system, but it's still onto something.

rav3n

Both but with enneagram, more to do with the instinctual stackings. Not partial to the 8 description and find the way they determine the healthier levels leans to Fe and extroversion. With MBTI, more cognitive processes than dichotomies. Dichotomies are like an entry point into MBTI.

So, this means I don't fully embrace either, taking away what works with me and leaving behind what sounds airy-fairy.