• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i personally identify more with my MBTI type.

i do not feel like the enneagram's divisions accurately portray my personality (possibly 7w6 is the closest? 3w4?), but ENFP fits me very, very well.

to me the enneagram seems like...

1 :rules:

2 :hug:

3 :coffee:

4 :smiley_violin:

5 :reading:

6 :duel:

7 :banana:

8 :2ar15:

9 :chillpill:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Probably the MBTI. With the Enneagram, I relate about equally with three out of the nine possible types, whereas my places on the spectra and function order for MBTI seem to correlate better.

A

A window to the soul

I identify with nothing and everything. It's so complicated. God is the only thing keeping me grounded.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i personally identify more with my MBTI type.

i do not feel like the enneagram's divisions accurately portray my personality (possibly 7w6 is the closest? 3w4?), but ENFP fits me very, very well.

to me the enneagram seems like...

1 :rules:

2 :hug:

3 :coffee:

4 :smiley_violin:

5 :reading:

6 :duel:

7 :banana:

8 :2ar15:

9 :chillpill:

I love the graphics!

Within

Permabanned
MBTI type without question. However my enneagram type compliments it beautifully.

rav3n

Both but with enneagram, more to do with the instinctual stackings. Not partial to the 8 description and find the way they determine the healthier levels leans to Fe and extroversion. With MBTI, more cognitive processes than dichotomies. Dichotomies are like an entry point into MBTI.

So, this means I don't fully embrace either, taking away what works with me and leaving behind what sounds airy-fairy.
I'd like to change my response to some extent. I only identify with the instinctual stackings within the Enneagram theory. The rest is bogus.

But my take on MBTI remains consistent where my take-away is what makes logical sense to me. I need to learn more about cognitive processes since some of it remains at the intellectual, rather than the intuitive level.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify more with MBTI. It resonates a bit more deeply with me personally and seems like a richer framework.

I do like Enneagram though. The wings don't work for me but the model seems helpful in understanding motivations for some of my behaviors and is helpful from a growth perspective. The instinctual variants are pretty good.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yea...they have a way with compliments.....

a.real.knee.slapper.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had 'a ha' - 'that's SO ME' - moments tied to enneagram which I have never really had with mbti, so I think enneagram is a bit more useful for me in terms of understanding myself. It's provided more fodder for self-awareness than mbti has. I also tend to identify with various e5's on this forum as much (and occasionally moreso) as I identify with fellow INFJ's; but too, it can depend on the particular topic.

I voted that I identified more with enneagram, but it's close to identifying with both equally.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing I wonder is if so many people identify with Enneagram, why there isn't more substantive or in-depth discussion on it in the forum.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Keep in mind the Enneagram forum is the newest one added to TypeC.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing I wonder is if so many people identify with Enneagram, why there isn't more substantive or in-depth discussion on it in the forum.

Keep in mind the Enneagram forum is the newest one added to TypeC.

Along with what Kasper said, consider that the very inability to identify with MB types and the questions that result may be what drives much of the MBTI related discussion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So far the easiest thing I've been able to say "wow, that's me!" about is being a Socionics IEI.

Then I'd say Enneagram 4 would be second, but I did consider E6 for a short time before coming back to 4. Apparently 4w3 can look like 6w7, and vice versa. Someone said to me, "As much as you've questioned your type and been seeking your identity, you MUST be a 4." Of course that's paraphrased, but it does make sense lol.

Then I'd go with MBTI type last because I went back and forth between ENFP, INFJ, and even INFP for a little while before I knew more about MBTI. I even considered ISFP for like a couple of days. I'm pretty damn sure I'm NF, though. I'm definitely NF.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
MBTI

Enneagram is good but type 5 fails to catch one important part of me : my Jness.

My whole life I am painted as aloof thinker by my environment but I never fully klicked with that image. Which is exactly because that J did not fit the social stereotype.
Plus having a two Ps for parents did alot in masking of my real nature.
On the other hand I don't have the extroversion and enough anger to be an 8. What means that INTJ is pure win in my case.

In a way it was kinda hard for me to realize that I don't really care that much about ideas but instead I prefer that people or the books give me complete and usable models , facts etc. so that I can make a plan or some useful system out of it. Actually this is probably why I never had that ... I call it "Academiic purity". Since my logic is a little bit too militaristic for that.
The only differance is with the ideas that greatly effect something that is known as the "chees board" in INTJ profiles.

I especially like the NJ part of my type. Since in my environment NJ is something that is simply counter-intuitive / impossible. While on the other hand this very nicely explains why I was always bad at being practical or visual but I sucked at exploring and classical creativity as well.

You simply can't see in Enneagram some of the key element that make me who I am.
While MBTI contains most of such things from type 5.

Nicodemus

It seems the Enneagram is more about how one feels, while the MBTI is about how one thinks. I would not be surprised if F types preferred the Enneagram and T types the MBTI.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i relate to my MBTI type, but reading enneagram books feels like someone's reading my mind.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Along with what Kasper said, consider that the very inability to identify with MB types and the questions that result may be what drives much of the MBTI related discussion.

Would you say that either one has more/better free resources available on the internet? That could be a catalyst for discussion... of course, lack of resources elsewhere could potentially lead to more discussion here, as well, but I doubt that effect would be stronger...

Also, perhaps there is something about the MBTI system itself that leads to more discussion? The enneagram system does seem to be a little bit simpler, if you ask me... (I might be wrong, though, since I am more familiar with MBTI.)