User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • I identity more with my MBTI type

61 38.61%
  • I identity more with my Enneagram type

55 34.81%
  • I identify with them equally

42 26.58%
First 7891011 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's interesting, there are some people who I can peg with a high degree of certainty (I flatter myself!) as a certain e-type, but not their MBTI. And others where I can really see their MBTI, but not their e-type. Usually not both...

I felt for a while like I might identify more with the enneagram than MBTI, but although I'm fairly sure I'm a 6, I'm not quite sure...I could also be a 9 (unlikely to be anything else). Whereas I'm as sure as I can be that I'm an INFJ.

I do feel like both can be very useful, though, when properly applied.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    It's interesting, there are some people who I can peg with a high degree of certainty (I flatter myself!) as a certain e-type, but not their MBTI. And others where I can really see their MBTI, but not their e-type. Usually not both...
    I feel you on this...

I was watching the first X-Files movie the other night, which I hadn't seen in 10+ years, and thought to myself, "I think Scully's definitely a 5w6. Maybe a 6w5. But I'm not sure of her MBTI. IxTJ? ExTJ? xxTJ?"

That was only the first or second time that someone's enneagram was more obvious to me than their MBTI, but I suspect that's because I'm more familiar with MBTI.

Now that I've studied a bit of enneagram, I'm sure this will start happening more often.

...but although I'm fairly sure I'm a 6, I'm not quite sure...
    As someone who's also not quite sure if he's a 6, I totally feel this statement.

But, honestly, is there any more of a 6 thing you can say?

Whereas I'm as sure as I can be that I'm an INFJ.
    Ditto on INTJ.

I do feel like both can be very useful, though, when properly applied.
    Totally agreed.

We must both be INxJ 6s.

If you are a 6, what do you think is your wing?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

As someone who's also not quite sure if he's a 6, I totally feel this statement.

But, honestly, is there any more of a 6 thing you can say?

We must both be INxJ 6s.

If you are a 6, what do you think is your wing?
    Ha, you're quite right about the uncertainty thing. And it is another thing that makes me think I probably am a 6. anyway, 6 is supposed to be a very common type although it encompasses a lot of variety...phobic and counter-phobic, etc.

The fact that it's probably so common amuses me because very few people here identify as 6. Because it doesn't sound "nice" enough or something. Actually, I think it is a pretty cool type when you look into it. And it probably makes a bit more sense for me than 9.

My wing...I'm really not sure. Maybe I have fairly balanced wings? 6w5 seems more obvious for me, but then I've read descriptions of 6w7 that sounded an awful lot like me too (and others that didn't). I'm guessing more 6w5, but fairly balanced overall. How about you? If you're INTJ I guess 6w5 is more likely?

I'd definitely be phobic (though with counter-phobic moments!) and probably sp/sx.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I identify far more with my MBTI type, I suspect largely because I am much more familiar with that system. I am fairly confident in identifying myself as an enneagram 5w6, but that seems a much broader category. It actually makes more sense to me to consider the entire trifix, though I am still quite uncertain in how to apply this system.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Equally, because I only make sense in both dimensions.
    Poor poor sad deluded clown man. Sad sad poor deluded deluded yeah buddy yeah yeah man buddy boy clown man.

I feel that the 4w3 label was almost tailor-made for me. It threw so much light and clarity on the MBTI description, elucidating some major problem areas for me. It helped me to understand why I tested alternately as an INFJ - I knew I wasn't one, but I felt this sort of "ghosting" of one from my E/I axis being so closely split. I'm a Fancy Hybrid (tm).

But I also relate to some aspects of ENFJ Fe-usage and cult leaderiness. I have a cult. It's called the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm. I raised Snoopy there. Signed, The Red Baron.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram. Perhaps it has less to do with what I relate to and more to do with enneagram describing different health levels and MBTI describing one health level. Enneagram is like, "When you're good, you do this, when you're average, you do this, when you're bad, you do this," and I'm like, yeah I relate to that. MBTI is like, "You're like this," and I'm like, "No, I'm not always like that."

MBTI
    INFP

The MB functions make more sense to me than the enneagram. I want to think the problem is I haven't found a good resource on enneagrams, but the different types seem very arbitrary and fuzzy. To the best I can figure, I'm a 9w1 sx/sp. MB types, on the other hand, are easier for me to grasp in myself and somewhat in others. It's a simple categorization for different ways of getting and using information that really further defined something I was already vaguely aware of more than was completely new information. I've yet to have the same striking realization with the enneagram or can really see it working in myself or anyone else.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I believe I identify more with my MBTI type. Although I'm sure I often behave in a typical ennea 9 way.
    And it changes... It's diffcult to say. But I'll make a choice for MBTI type, making a choice being a good thing to do for a 9 (if not far-fetched...)
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I identify with my enneagram type slightly more but I identify alot with my MBTI type as well.
    Ditto this.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Enneagram (5w4)