User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • I identity more with my MBTI type

61 38.61%
  • I identity more with my Enneagram type

55 34.81%
  • I identify with them equally

42 26.58%
First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've had 'a ha' - 'that's SO ME' - moments tied to enneagram which I have never really had with mbti, so I think enneagram is a bit more useful for me in terms of understanding myself. It's provided more fodder for self-awareness than mbti has. I also tend to identify with various e5's on this forum as much (and occasionally moreso) as I identify with fellow INFJ's; but too, it can depend on the particular topic.

I voted that I identified more with enneagram, but it's close to identifying with both equally.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^ You do strike me as a very enneagram 5 INFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The thing I wonder is if so many people identify with Enneagram, why there isn't more substantive or in-depth discussion on it in the forum.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Keep in mind the Enneagram forum is the newest one added to TypeC.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The thing I wonder is if so many people identify with Enneagram, why there isn't more substantive or in-depth discussion on it in the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Keep in mind the Enneagram forum is the newest one added to TypeC.
    Along with what Kasper said, consider that the very inability to identify with MB types and the questions that result may be what drives much of the MBTI related discussion.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So far the easiest thing I've been able to say "wow, that's me!" about is being a Socionics IEI.

Then I'd say Enneagram 4 would be second, but I did consider E6 for a short time before coming back to 4. Apparently 4w3 can look like 6w7, and vice versa. Someone said to me, "As much as you've questioned your type and been seeking your identity, you MUST be a 4." Of course that's paraphrased, but it does make sense lol.

Then I'd go with MBTI type last because I went back and forth between ENFP, INFJ, and even INFP for a little while before I knew more about MBTI. I even considered ISFP for like a couple of days. I'm pretty damn sure I'm NF, though. I'm definitely NF.

MBTI

Enneagram is good but type 5 fails to catch one important part of me : my Jness.

My whole life I am painted as aloof thinker by my environment but I never fully klicked with that image. Which is exactly because that J did not fit the social stereotype.
    Plus having a two Ps for parents did alot in masking of my real nature.
    On the other hand I don't have the extroversion and enough anger to be an 8. What means that INTJ is pure win in my case.

In a way it was kinda hard for me to realize that I don't really care that much about ideas but instead I prefer that people or the books give me complete and usable models , facts etc. so that I can make a plan or some useful system out of it. Actually this is probably why I never had that ... I call it "Academiic purity". Since my logic is a little bit too militaristic for that.
    The only differance is with the ideas that greatly effect something that is known as the "chees board" in INTJ profiles.

I especially like the NJ part of my type. Since in my environment NJ is something that is simply counter-intuitive / impossible. While on the other hand this very nicely explains why I was always bad at being practical or visual but I sucked at exploring and classical creativity as well.

You simply can't see in Enneagram some of the key element that make me who I am.
    While MBTI contains most of such things from type 5.

It seems the Enneagram is more about how one feels, while the MBTI is about how one thinks. I would not be surprised if F types preferred the Enneagram and T types the MBTI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i relate to my MBTI type, but reading enneagram books feels like someone's reading my mind.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Along with what Kasper said, consider that the very inability to identify with MB types and the questions that result may be what drives much of the MBTI related discussion.
    Would you say that either one has more/better free resources available on the internet? That could be a catalyst for discussion... of course, lack of resources elsewhere could potentially lead to more discussion here, as well, but I doubt that effect would be stronger...

Also, perhaps there is something about the MBTI system itself that leads to more discussion? The enneagram system does seem to be a little bit simpler, if you ask me... (I might be wrong, though, since I am more familiar with MBTI.)