User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • I identity more with my MBTI type

61 38.61%
  • I identity more with my Enneagram type

55 34.81%
  • I identify with them equally

42 26.58%
First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I identify most with my instinctual stacking actually
    This too. I relate to the Sx/Sp energy very much.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    This too. I relate to the Sx/Sp energy very much.
    - the 7w6 stereotypes are too nervous, submissive and party animal (actually, I relate more to the 7w8, 8 and 1 stereotypes lol)
    - the ENFP stereotypes are just plain wimpy and so gay they make me look straight
    - but the Sp/Sx stereotypes fit me to a T. I am dark, intense, sensual, self absorbed, cat-like and comfortable being a loner with occasional contact from intimate friends
    - also, the Riso Hudson Sp dom 7 descriptions may as well have put me in a box
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I voted 'both equally' but I actually identify more with my MB type. whoops.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Mbti slightly more. INFP's got a good sound to it too.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Definitely my enneagram type. INFP descriptions have never really fit me very well, and only occasionally I'll have a Fi moment that will remind me I really am an INFP.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I felt the biggest relief when I found the profile of an ENFP. But that was coz at that point in my life, I *needed* it and was actively searching for who I was. So MBTI quenched a thirst that sorely needed quenching.

Enneagram took me a longer time to assimilate, but I've been more sure of my type there than I've ever been about my MBTI one (I'm xNFp...but that's about all I know). I knew I was a 4 the moment I came to terms with the bad rep the type seems to have

I admire 9s and it's been suggested many times I am one but no. Way too much drama and intensity for that, sorry
    The thing I especially identified with however, was the description of a 4 sx-so.

I too appreciate the growing levels in the enneagram, but I also enjoy the functions as building blocks of your type in MBTI. I find that MBTI is stil more comfortable to me so I need to study enneagram more, but overall, MBTI feels more useful when dealing with other people, while enneagram digs deeper into understanding yourself. For that matter, MBTI was the perfect intro to personality types and enneagram the perfect follow up, in my case.

When it comes to really getting to know a person one on one though..enneagram is more instinctual than MBTI. Once I get talking to a person, you get to see their inner drives and motivations. It's nice to be able to put a type on that. And it is less clunky than MBTI. For instance, when I'm talking to someone whose an 8, even if I don't know it, I recognize them most of the time almost instantly. That aura, that smell is unmistakable no matter their MBTI type. The same goes for a fellow sx-dom. Otoh, if an INTJ is having a lazy day, I won't spot the intj in him instantly.

MBTI aims to tell what a persons preferred course of action is in just about any situation and to a lesser extent how he experiences the world. Enneagram is the the other way around.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - the 7w6 stereotypes are too nervous, submissive and party animal (actually, I relate more to the 7w8, 8 and 1 stereotypes lol)
    - the ENFP stereotypes are just plain wimpy and so gay they make me look straight
    - but the Sp/Sx stereotypes fit me to a T. I am dark, intense, sensual, self absorbed, cat-like and comfortable being a loner with occasional contact from intimate friends
    - also, the Riso Hudson Sp dom 7 descriptions may as well have put me in a box
    I relate more to the 1w9 than the 1w2, but the descriptions of the 1w9 sound so robotic most of the time (see my "Question for Ones" thread in the Enneagram forum). Think Mr. Spock.

Of course, this could all be the Sx/Sp talking.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I relate best to my MBTI Tritype, which of course so far only 3 users on this forum, including myself have championed. It is just a theory. Don't take it seriously.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It seems the Enneagram is more about how one feels, while the MBTI is about how one thinks. I would not be surprised if F types preferred the Enneagram and T types the MBTI.
    I think you're spot on with this.
    I had a hard time figuring out wether I was INFP or INFJ, because I'm more strongly emotional than other INFJs in some sense, and a bit more blunt too. Some suspected I was a mistyped INTJ female.
    I agree the MBTI profile for INFJ seems to really illustrate accurately how my mind works and how I process things, the internal side. Enneagram explains how I feel and what the innate emotional drama is and obviously having 4 as my enneagram makes me more intense than let's say enneagram 6 or 9 INFJs. I think they're complementary systems, which used in tandem give a better picture of the personality in question.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I am an EN7wP
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.