• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused over ENTJ and ENFJ in a prof?

Usehername

On a mission
She's got me baffled. At first, I thought I had met my first ENTJ female.

*energetic
*quick-witted
*leadership skills like no other
*kept talking about the "fairness" of the waiting list order being implemented vs. people randomly showing up
*i can see that her genuine emotions (smiling, etc.) to show how much she cares for students (she's a prof who loves students) go through her brain before they come out in action

then...

*she has told a few stories already where she said she "almost teared/cried" at the most ENFJ/Fe type things. Legitimate for a typical female, but an ENTJ? *She seems to have excellent command over her feelings
*we were talking about "logic" vs. "narratives" and she said she hates debates and always wants to sit next to the person at the dinner table who is telling the good story (however, i should note, she loves a rousing class discussion where people are trying to learn, and loves the opposing viewpoints)

She really struck me as xNTJ right from the start, but now I'm wondering if I have an ENFJ who is just strong analytically. i'm just confused. is she an ENTJ with excellent command of Fx? Is that possible?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

*energetic
*quick-witted
*kept talking about the "fairness" of the waiting list order being implemented vs. people randomly showing up
*i can see that her genuine emotions (smiling, etc.) to show how much she cares for students (she's a prof who loves students) go through her brain before they come out in action

then...

*she has told a few stories already where she said she "almost teared/cried" at the most ENFJ/Fe type things. Legitimate for a typical female, but an ENTJ? *She seems to have excellent command over her feelings
*we were talking about "logic" vs. "narratives" and she said she hates debates and always wants to sit next to the person at the dinner table who is telling the good story (however, i should note, she loves a rousing class discussion where people are trying to learn, and loves the opposing viewpoints)

She really struck me as xNTJ right from the start, but now I'm wondering if I have an ENFJ who is just strong analytically. i'm just confused. is she an ENTJ with excellent command of Fx? Is that possible?
Or maybe she's old enough that she's softened up a bit?
I'd be more likely to continue following your first instinct for now.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8

*energetic
*quick-witted

then...

She really struck me as xNTJ right from the start, but now I'm wondering if I have an ENFJ who is just strong analytically. I'm just confused. is she an ENTJ with excellent command of Fx? Is that possible?

The deciding factor is the undeniable charisma that ENFJs put out. If she just seems to "click" with people; ENFJ, if people seem drawn just to obey her based on her arguments and beliefs; ENTJ. The two seem very similar, and by no means should they ever calibrate.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm one of the biggest cry babies I know.
I sometimes cry if a cartoon character cries!
No, I wasn't always that way.

Usehername

On a mission
The deciding factor is the undeniable charisma that ENFJs put out. If she just seems to "click" with people; ENFJ, if people seem drawn just to obey her based on her arguments and beliefs; ENTJ. The two seem very similar, and by no means should they ever calibrate.

when i'm in a extraverted mood, i've got ridiculous charisma, and i'm an intj. (i've led class revolts, commandeered major pranks, been the leader b/c i felt like it, etc.)
it's the need to figure this out + search for truth + make the good stuff/people better.

i don't think that can differentiate. i'm now thinking ENTJ who decided to pwn humanity :yes:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm one of the biggest cry babies I know.
I sometimes cry if a cartoon character cries!
No, I wasn't always that way.
Mom you're probably experiencing early menopause, or you may be in it. Hormones can really wreck havoc on your life. I am not looking forward to it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

It is confusing. I know that I've been told I use logic well for an F, and I know some very effusive T's. Actually, some of them use more smilies than I do, and are even perceived as nicer/more charismatic people while I seem more Introverted. It can be hard to tell on that one. I'm personally reluctant to classify anyone as T unless it's very prominent or they seem to prefer the idea, because I guess I feel that I'm usually doing people a slight favor by classifying them F, and being a bit mean if I say they're T's. Not a big one, but kind of like being F is "first-class" and T is "coach," even though they're both on the same plane. I don't know why I see it that way, but I do. I hadn't realized that until I thought about it. :huh:

She could easily be either one. But I guess a professor is slightly more likely to be T. Your instinct is probably correct.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mom you're probably experiencing early menopause, or you may be in it. Hormones can really wreck havoc on your life. I am not looking forward to it.
Yeah, I do get hormonal crying jags, also.