• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NiFi Loop

rav3n

Can anyone please explain the NiFi loop or personal experiences with it? This would sincerely be appreciated. :)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Can anyone please explain the NiFi loop or personal experiences with it? This would sincerely be appreciated. :)

Well, I don't actually know, but by the sounds of it, that loop would make it very hard to compromise your personal views at all. Ni and Fi are pretty stubborn.

rav3n

Thanks for your input.

Not sure if Ni is stubborn since it shifts perspectives like mad.

My guess about Victor is that he's in a Ni-Si loop.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Thanks for your input.

By continuously shifting perspectives Ni might not be stubborn.. But to the observer of Ni it can appear extremely stubborn because a practical,feasible and accurate solution already exists to most people. So that idea that someone keeps "looking" for more.. can seem extremely stubborn.

Just saying.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd imagine someone prone to extreme conspiracy theories like the guy from King of the Hill.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Introverted functions in general are "stubborn" in the sense that they're largely insulated from the environment in terms their perceptions and judgments. They're based around the self and tend to not let externals define them.

A Ni-Fi loop, is going to be a cyclical process in which the validity of the collective perceptions and perspective of Ni will be evaluated by Fi and can resemble the conspiracy theorist. The Ni-Fi user just "knows" of the truth/reality of something and feels only they are equipped or privileged enough to see it. Fi will tell Ni it's right based on personal feelings and values, while Ni will feed Fi nothing but internal perception and images for things to evaluate.

Like anything in type, "looping" can be a healthy and rewarding process as long as it isn't terribly extreme. Loops aren't always negative.

rav3n

Thanks for the more detailed explanations. This doesn't sound like what I'm experiencing so I'll expand on it.

Imagine Ni attacking the internal database of values that Fi sources from, negating every value by shifting perspectives. Imagine Fi having nothing to source from, that everything previously valued, has no value or overarching truth to it. Fi has nothing to anchor to, since nothing is true. It's all about Ni's shifting perspective.

The above is opposite of what's been explained, as it relates to the conspiracy theorist. Neither Ni or Fi has any truths, only perceptions and perspectives.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Good point, and that makes sense as to how you're describing it too. You can't be certain of Fi's conclusions simply because Ni can imagine perspectives where those conclusions are inconsistent with themselves or in error. So I assume one may feel lost.

rav3n

Yes, I do feel lost, especially being a J. Looking for meaning and not finding it, since there are no truths. Don't know how you Ps stand this!

sculpting

Perhaps we link our Fi to Si. It feels like chains to me at times. I cant rewrite or modify Fi values rapidly through a new context shifted insight the way an NTJ can, so I am stuck modifying Fi-Si the hard way-experience I suppose? I dunno. I have to slowly reforge the internal Fi pathways-like doing math with handfuls of pudding. The Si seems to make the Fi values very concrete and difficult to remodel compared to my INTJ. But that's just me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for your input.

Ni can be stubborn, like Si. It's an internal perspective, which may or may not agree with the external world. Ni perspectives may tend to shift, where Si's tend to focus on one, but eventually Ni has to land somewhere.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd imagine someone prone to extreme conspiracy theories like the guy from King of the Hill.

Ni can be stubborn, like Si. It's an internal perspective, which may or may not agree with the external world. Ni perspectives may tend to shift, where Si's tend to focus on one, but eventually Ni has to land somewhere.

These ^^

Ni is stubborn by "shifting perspectives" to always reach the same Fi conclusion. Evidence to the contrary (Te) is dismissed by altering the Ni perspective such that the conclusion remains true.

G

Ginkgo

I don't know about this "loop" business, but shitty Ni typically looks like someone who sees a misguided personal significance in things. They may think there are patterns in the chaos where there aren't any. Even worse, they may be further convinced by their own perceptions in light of clear, objective evidence. Notice how conspiracy theorists often base their theories on symbols, thinking that these symbols hold some sort of universal, and perhaps malicious connotation.

Exhibit A: YOU MINDLESS SLAVES!!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do feel lost, especially being a J. Looking for meaning and not finding it, since there are no truths. Don't know how you Ps stand this!

I don't find "meaning" to be something that can be found, but rather, something that is created.

G

Ginkgo

Use logic. If there are no truths, then the statement "there are no truths" is untrue.

G

Ginkgo

I don't find "meaning" to be something that can be found, but rather, something that is created.

When you read Metaphor's comment, did you create it's meaning or receive it?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you read Metaphor's comment, did you create it's meaning or receive it?

What's the meaning of meaning, as it relates to your question?

G

Ginkgo

the message that is intended or expressed or signified; "what is the meaning of this sentence"; "the significance of a red traffic light"; "the signification of Chinese characters"; "the import of his announcement was ambiguous"

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if NiFi loops are what I experience when I lose my temper.... I feel like someone is challenging my internal ideals, and I am stubborn to realize them, and when I feel like I am being misunderstood, I keep adhering to what I want to do, and if someone pushes me to do or be something I'm not, I get angry, or sound like I have an attitude. Unless this is another loop.