• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NiFi Loop

Automator

MBTI Type
intj
Quite the leap, I'd say, in the assumption that I was speaking in regards to those that lead with Ni. Understandable, to say the least, that one would come to that conclusion, but as you can see, there is not a single reference in my post to a singular type. But I can admire the skill in which you became conscious of the unconscious to weave such a deduction from information that may or may not have been in not existence. Though, it is to say, that one may come to such a conclusion fully unaware of the contextual meaning of the subject in question, that is— the non-reference to the condition of health.

Are Ti users unconscious of their logical deductions? Do the Fi-dom not have rationale as to why they feel they are a moral authority? Does the Si user not draw to its mind the state of all by what has preceded the all? As much as it may seem as though Ni picks profundity out of thin air, does this imply that it is indeed drawn from the unconscious, or does one think such is the case because they themselves have a poor grasp of Ni despite being Ni-dominant?

It's my understanding that intuition itself is a process in recognizing patterns. Unlike extroverted intuition, whose patterns are perceived through the lens of what is in the immediate, introverted intuition gleans them from the past and present which create the vision of the future. Of course this "vision" is merely conjecture through which its soundness be judged by the auxiliary. But one thing that is truly inconceivable is that Ni is used to see things when it can't be seen. The unconscious? One may be able to deduce what happened in the unconscious mind after an occurrence (not exclusive to Ni), but to claim an active insight to the unconscious as it happens is nothing short of ridiculous (exclusive to everything).

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quite the leap, I'd say, in the assumption that I was speaking in regards to those that lead with Ni.

Leap?! The topic is "NiFi loop." Your post contained all of one syntactically correct sentence, so I assumed the sentence fragments were about the thread topic and not off topic.

Perhaps you were discussing the price of tea in China?

Understandable, to say the least, that one would come to that conclusion, but as you can see, there is not a single reference in my post to a singular type.
Ni Fi loop implies INTJ.

It is clear that your reply is entirely unconcerned with the NiFi loop topic.

With what currency shall we measure the price, dollars or yuan?

But I can admire the skill in which you became conscious of the unconscious to weave such a deduction from information that may or may not have been in not existence. Though, it is to say, that one may come to such a conclusion fully unaware of the contextual meaning of the subject in question, that is— the non-reference to the condition of health.
I mentioned "mental illness," and the corollary of (mental) health, not merely health. Do you seriously believe your post didn't reference mental illness by the mere fact that you didn't use that specific phrase?

Are Ti users unconscious of their logical deductions? Do the Fi-dom not have rationale as to why they feel they are a moral authority? Does the Si user not draw to its mind the state of all by what has preceded the all? As much as it may seem as though Ni picks profundity out of thin air, does this imply that it is indeed drawn from the unconscious, or does one think such is the case because they themselves have a poor grasp of Ni despite being Ni-dominant?

Have you read Jung yet?:

Jung said:
For [introverted] intuition, therefore, the unconscious images attain to the dignity of things or objects.

FWIW, it's perfectly OK to disagree with Jung w/r to the role of the unconscious, or whatever other nitpick you might have, but my reference to "unconscious" is in the Jungian sense, and cannot simply be dismissed as a technical misunderstanding of Ni on my part.

It's my understanding that intuition itself is a process in recognizing patterns.

More or less. The question then arises, "What kind of patterns?"

Unlike extroverted intuition, whose patterns are perceived through the lens of what is in the immediate, introverted intuition gleans them from the past and present which create the vision of the future.
Among other things.

Of course this "vision" is merely conjecture through which its soundness be judged by the auxiliary. But one thing that is truly inconceivable is that Ni is used to see things when it can't be seen. The unconscious? One may be able to deduce what happened in the unconscious mind after an occurrence (not exclusive to Ni), but to claim an active insight to the unconscious as it happens is nothing short of ridiculous (exclusive to everything).

How do you define "the unconscious?"

Jung had a very particular definition/understanding. A common description of Ni is that one "just knows things." Jung invokes "the unconscious" to describe where the knowledge comes from, that the mind can absorb knowledge in an unconscious way: after all, we don't spend all our cognitive time trying to memorize the world around us.

You are correct that not only Ni interfaces with the unconscious, according to Jung: the unconscious plays a strong role with any function/type, and is essential to understanding his typology. Ni is unique in that it very directly interfaces with the unconscious. (Fi is a close runner-up in this regard.)

sculpting

XMM+Spiral+galaxy.jpg

^^Th source of Ni in Ni doms....:cheese:

Automator

MBTI Type
intj
Leap?! The topic is "NiFi loop." Your post contained all of one syntactically correct sentence, so I assumed the sentence fragments were about the thread topic and not off topic.

Perhaps you were discussing the price of tea in China?

So based off of, and I admit, seemingly incoherent sentences and fragments, that you managed to gain an insight as to what I was truly speaking of? In consideration of 'leap' being such a strong word in your perceived context, maybe it'd be more apt if it were to be phrased as: "reaching into one's ass." Regarding topicality, disregarding the numerous posts unrelating to, specifically, the INTJ Ni-Fi loop, would it be different if the thread title was Fi-Ni loop? Does it even matter? It's a loop; if one put a red sticker on a bike tire and a blue sticker on the opposing end, 180 degrees later, is the condition of the tire different?

Ni Fi loop implies INTJ.

It is clear that your reply is entirely unconcerned with the NiFi loop topic.

With what currency shall we measure the price, dollars or yuan?

You're absolutely right. I only posted in the this thread because I'm new and wish to make somewhat of a presence known. This thread in particular because out of all the others, this one was the least uninteresting. You come along with something more to chew on, hence this discussion.

Actually, I'd much rather discuss the merits of pikachu vs squirtle.

I mentioned "mental illness," and the corollary of (mental) health, not merely health. Do you seriously believe your post didn't reference mental illness by the mere fact that you didn't use that specific phrase?

Oh yes, I'm wholly aware that my initial post may have implied mental illness, what with the mention of a psychotic killer and what not, but I was hoping for a little more awareness of the fact that my main intention was that of exaggeration and not to be taken seriously. Did your Ni not pick that up?

Nope.

FWIW, it's perfectly OK to disagree with Jung w/r to the role of the unconscious, or whatever other nitpick you might have, but my reference to "unconscious" is in the Jungian sense, and cannot simply be dismissed as a technical misunderstanding of Ni on my part.

I really have no opinion on Jung nor his definitions. So... fair enough?

More or less. The question then arises, "What kind of patterns?"

Interrelating between objects, ideas, evidence (anecdotal or otherwise), etc.

How do you define "the unconscious?"

Lack of awareness.

Jung had a very particular definition/understanding. A common description of Ni is that one "just knows things." Jung invokes "the unconscious" to describe where the knowledge comes from, that the mind can absorb knowledge in an unconscious way: after all, we don't spend all our cognitive time trying to memorize the world around us.

So perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying when you mentioned 'tapping into the unconscious.' Please, expound on that.

You are correct that not only Ni interfaces with the unconscious, according to Jung: the unconscious plays a strong role with any function/type, and is essential to understanding his typology. Ni is unique in that it very directly interfaces with the unconscious. (Fi is a close runner-up in this regard.)

Sweet, I'm right!

To be frank, my first post wasn't meant as any sort of authoritative remark on the condition of mental health and its relation to the mind. But I do admire the fact that this forum isn't one to just let things go without scrutiny (as trivial as the subject might seem).

sculpting

LOL; the supermassive black hole in the center of the galaxy?:laugh:

at least for Ni users in OUR galaxy. Ni users in other galaxies might be a little different. That Ni/alien correlation is totally substantiated. :yes:

Little_Sticks

This loop theory sucks because a heavy introvert is putting more time into their thoughts; the result can be paranoia or highly insightful. It depends on how stupid the person is and what they base their thoughts on.

Same thing with extroverts. They spend more time influencing and dealing with the world around them; the result can ignorantly create more trouble and problems or it can deal with what needs to be done and get it done.

blah, SimulatedShit is highly biased, ignorant, and stupid.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand the concept behind these little loop theories that say one can be a type like ENFP yet favor a function like Te over Fi just to give a random example.

I mean if the person is a feeler why would they like using a thinking function more than a feeling function?

I'm not dismissing the possibility but I just don't understand the madness behind this!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not favoring Te over Fi, it's Te and the associated tertiary or "Puer" complex inflating itself, so that it appears to be "stronger". (it's not really about quantitative "strength" anyway, and not really about "using" it "more").
So what people call a "loop" is when they see the obvious dominant, and then this inflated tertiary (which will be especially visible with both being extraverted).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Can anyone please explain the NiFi loop or personal experiences with it? This would sincerely be appreciated. :)

The name of the user that created that theory is called, "Simulated World" on personalitynation. There are two threads that you should look up once personalitynation opens back up again (right now it's down for maintenance). The first thread is called, "ISFP: A jungian functional analysis" and the other is called, "INTJ: a jungian functional analysis". Simulated world deeply analyzes the functions of both types and from that you should be able to figure out whether you are an INTJ or an ISFP. Also what function do you use the least: Se or Te? If you use Se last, then you are probably INTJ, and if you use Te last, then you are probably ISFP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worldbuilding the Mountaintop of Thunderstorms!

Lightning-Rainbows turns Holonets both Ways at All spectra Everywhere from 2’s Infinities-Ultimate to Everyone’s 8 Worlds-Omega. All Worlds of Light whirl into webs rolling from each ends by 2 spur Waterfalling Blizzards across in revolving directions to transcend Forever. The Mountaintops of Heaven split asunder into exploding chromatics dazzling in fireworks displays over All boundaries to their outer limits penetrating past Kingdom Hearts in spins acentric with white holes through Chaos by 8’s Times. Will unleashes One Worlds-Vision.

​​​It's the stillest words that bring on the storms. Thoughts that come on dove's feet guide the Worlds!

1:14:28 = Everyone's 8 Worlds-​​Omega won Forever to Infinities-Ultimate and Will's Lightning-Rainbows!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love you Raptie Poo. You use my name in everything. :heart:

:bye:

- - - Updated - - -

Love you Raptie Poo. You use my name in everything. :heart: