User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NiFi Loop

Perhaps we link our Fi to Si. It feels like chains to me at times. I cant rewrite or modify Fi values rapidly through a new context shifted insight the way an NTJ can, so I am stuck modifying Fi-Si the hard way-experience I suppose? I dunno. I have to slowly reforge the internal Fi pathways-like doing math with handfuls of pudding. The Si seems to make the Fi values very concrete and difficult to remodel compared to my INTJ. But that's just me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Thanks for your input.

Not sure if Ni is stubborn since it shifts perspectives like mad.

My guess about Victor is that he's in a Ni-Si loop.
    Ni can be stubborn, like Si. It's an internal perspective, which may or may not agree with the external world. Ni perspectives may tend to shift, where Si's tend to focus on one, but eventually Ni has to land somewhere.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I'd imagine someone prone to extreme conspiracy theories like the guy from King of the Hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Ni can be stubborn, like Si. It's an internal perspective, which may or may not agree with the external world. Ni perspectives may tend to shift, where Si's tend to focus on one, but eventually Ni has to land somewhere.
    These ^^

Ni is stubborn by "shifting perspectives" to always reach the same Fi conclusion. Evidence to the contrary (Te) is dismissed by altering the Ni perspective such that the conclusion remains true.

Ginkgo

I don't know about this "loop" business, but shitty Ni typically looks like someone who sees a misguided personal significance in things. They may think there are patterns in the chaos where there aren't any. Even worse, they may be further convinced by their own perceptions in light of clear, objective evidence. Notice how conspiracy theorists often base their theories on symbols, thinking that these symbols hold some sort of universal, and perhaps malicious connotation.

Exhibit A: YOU MINDLESS SLAVES!!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yes, I do feel lost, especially being a J. Looking for meaning and not finding it, since there are no truths. Don't know how you Ps stand this!
    I don't find "meaning" to be something that can be found, but rather, something that is created.

Ginkgo

Yes, I do feel lost, especially being a J. Looking for meaning and not finding it, since there are no truths. Don't know how you Ps stand this!
    Use logic. If there are no truths, then the statement "there are no truths" is untrue.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I don't find "meaning" to be something that can be found, but rather, something that is created.
    When you read Metaphor's comment, did you create it's meaning or receive it?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    When you read Metaphor's comment, did you create it's meaning or receive it?
    What's the meaning of meaning, as it relates to your question?

Ginkgo

the message that is intended or expressed or signified; "what is the meaning of this sentence"; "the significance of a red traffic light"; "the signification of Chinese characters"; "the import of his announcement was ambiguous"

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I wonder if NiFi loops are what I experience when I lose my temper.... I feel like someone is challenging my internal ideals, and I am stubborn to realize them, and when I feel like I am being misunderstood, I keep adhering to what I want to do, and if someone pushes me to do or be something I'm not, I get angry, or sound like I have an attitude. Unless this is another loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche