5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Football good
    obviously a sensor
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    What do you think football will be like in 500 years, assuming that it is still around?
    Lets hope that we have the Blood Bowl by then (and that we discovered a race of Orcs to play against).

If you're talking about football, as in "soccer", then my apologies.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I know the classic difference between N's and S's, but my husband and I have found that we can almost always tell who is an N or S from only one conversation.

The S's will always talk about things - their cars, football, curtains, decorating, gardening, whatever they fixed last on their house and the N's will talk about people or ideas - politics, theology, who did what on the last family vacation.

Do you find this is true?
    No. I'm definitely an S and I talk more about what you identify as an N. My husband who is a strong N talks more about football than anything.

Permabanned

I think the easiest way to figure out an N is just focus on what they are saying. N's tend to jump from subject to subject quickly. S's like talking about something in particular. Also lots of N's have zero patience with explaining something if it goes over your head. An S is more likely to explain the situation. Also N's understand generalities better. I can say something like "People who buy Hondas have mother issues." An S will make sure I know that this isn't the case for every Honda buyer. He'll point out exceptions. An N will understand that I don't mean all people who buy Hondas have mother issues, rather I've just noticed a correlation.

N's also have the ability to assume (or are lot more willing to do so). A lot of my conversations with S's go something like..

Me: Assume xyz, would that mean abc?
    S: Maybe, but we don't know xyz.
    Me: I know, I'm just saying, if xyz, then abc. And abc leads jkl.
    S: Perhaps, but xyz isn't known yet.
    Me: You suck.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    I think the easiest way to figure out an N is just focus on what they are saying. N's tend to jump from subject to subject quickly. S's like talking about something in particular. Also lots of N's have zero patience with explaining something if it goes over your head. An S is more likely to explain the situation. Also N's understand generalities better. I can say something like "People who buy Hondas have mother issues." An S will make sure I know that this isn't the case for every Honda buyer. He'll point out exceptions. An N will understand that I don't mean all people who buy Hondas have mother issues, rather I've just noticed a correlation.
    Going by that I'd be an S.

I'm always seeing the exceptions and hate it when people make sweeping generalizations even when I know they don't necessarily mean it in the literal sense.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    No. I'm definitely an S and I talk more about what you identify as an N. My husband who is a strong N talks more about football than anything.
    Why would a strong N talk about football more than anything? That doesn't even make sense, I'm sorry. I can see an N liking football...I know a couple of INxx who like soccer, for example, but they talk about things like politics and culture and philosophy more than anything.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Going by that I'd be an S.

I'm always seeing the exceptions and hate it when people make sweeping generalizations even when I know they don't necessarily mean it in the literal sense.
    I'd chalk it up to Ti.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why would a strong N talk about football more than anything? That doesn't even make sense, I'm sorry. I can see an N liking football...I know a couple of INxx who like soccer, for example, but they talk about things like politics and culture and philosophy more than anything.
    Because MBTI doesn't measure passion. I have an INTP friend who is the dictionary definition of the type, and he's a basketball coach who loves football. In fact, that is how we met, through other friends in New Zealand who like football. He is passionate about sports, so he'll talk about sports more than anything. He just talks about them in an N kind of way (history of strategies, trends in formations etc.).
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Because MBTI doesn't measure passion. I have an INTP friend who is the dictionary definition of the type, and he's a basketball coach who loves football. In fact, that is how we met, through other friends in New Zealand who like football. He is passionate about sports, so he'll talk about sports more than anything. He just talks about them in an N kind of way (history of strategies, trends in formations etc.).
    Is history of strategies or trends in formations of sports really an N thing, or just an intelligent, educated SJ thing?

Lots of SJs play fantasy football. Ss do have fantasies, and can appreciate subjects that have a more academic bent (lots of doctors, lawyers, history professors = SJ, especially STJ) ...it's just that they fantasize about more tangible things, and collect facts.

ISTP makes sense too. Lots of sense. Ti theorizing about athletics.