• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Description of ENTJ or P?

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

rav3n

So one study about mice circadian patterns defines overall personality in human beings? That's quite a stretch, nebbykoo.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
One study does not determine much of anything. I could bring up several different studies supporting the existence of psychic abilities and ghosts. The only difference is that the bulk of those studies have been peer reviewed over several years, if not decades. This relatively recent study has not.

You said: Astrology is incorrect because the idea that being born in a particular month can determine someone's personality is nuts. This study refutes that statement. Does it 'prove' that the month of one's birth is a determinant for personality? No, but it suggests that this may in fact, be the case. That is more than you can argue for MBTI...
And please find me one study that supports the existence of ghosts that has been reviewed for years, if not decades.

Here's the sourse article from Nature Neuroscience:
http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nn.2699.html

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
So one study about mice circadian patterns defines overall personality in human beings? That's quite a stretch, nebbykoo.

I don't believe in astrology. It was mostly a reaction to the statement of lunarmoon. The point was that the text from an astrology site is similar to that used for MBTI, which shows that MBTI is primarily of little use except for self-flattery. It offers no real insights, only vague statements.

rav3n

I don't believe in astrology. It was mostly a reaction to the statement of lunarmoon. The point was that the text from an astrology site is similar to that used for MBTI, which shows that MBTI is primarily of little use except for self-flattery. It offers no real insights, only vague statements.
But most of the text was positive where MBTI also points out more negatives to each personality type. It's not a perfect system but I don't feel it's worth rejecting the entire theory for some flaws.

IMO, cognitive processes do exist whether they're called functions or blueberries. Similar collective processes exist in human beings.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds like my ENTJ friend actually...his nature is inspiring and flattering, he's generous, apparently he learned how to intellectually sort out his emotions before the time in his life when I met him - very rational and measured about it, almost like an INTJ, but more effusive and less of a mechanical tone about it - he's courageous, optimistic, friendly...and pretty physical in the sense that he likes snowboarding and I've seen him play humorous physical pranks on other guys.

I actually thought he was ENFJ when I met him because of his charm, enthusiasm, and generosity , but that may because of his particular preference for me as a person, I perceived that some people found him more overbearing or annoying. Also seemed more direct in his opinions about others, less polite, and had this mischieveous glint in his eyes. Reportedly also capable of focusing on nothing but work and being okay with that.

I can see why some people could also see ESTP in this description. ESTP and ENTJ are commonly confused types.

G

Ginkgo

You guys have it easy. Look at this flake.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWyBZLDwCE"]:doh:[/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You guys have it easy. Look at this flake.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWyBZLDwCE"]:doh:[/YOUTUBE]

"It isn't about gifts, or regular attention, or going out to dinner." Gosh she sounds ungrateful. No wonder her partners are uncomfortable.

Jaguar

I like this guy. He seems authentic, honest, and direct.

I would expect you and I to have opposite reactions to the guy.
It's not really important why I think so.

Comments from those in another forum who saw the video:

Sounds like a total dick in that interview.
I would probably avoid someone like him irl.
I think he has rapist fantasies about women and he wants to dominate them but just can't.

He seems kind of like a dolt who just learned how to be introspective and aware of others.

He appears too self-centered

I just kept seeing a fuse inching to go off in my head

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sounds very ENTP to me aside from the initial mention of ENTJ steamrolling

sculpting

"It isn't about gifts, or regular attention, or going out to dinner." Gosh she sounds ungrateful. No wonder her partners are uncomfortable.

well, I dunno, i get what she is saying. It goes back to the love languages. Hers doesnt appear to be gifts or spending quality time together, but rather words of affirmation and perhaps touch. I suppose because I end up as a 4w5 it doesnt seem so unreasonable to me. Gifts are just things, but the person and everything about them is what is really important.

The guy was really interesting as he didnt use any side to side Fe eye movements at all. It was all direct or broken downwards. He also did a lot of hand gesturing and there was a pronounced physicality.

To be honest people have a love/hate relationship with the ENTJs I have known. I have always liked them a lot, but because the Te can be so very out there and in your face, it really can piss off people. :) Half of the folks are terrified of them and the rest think they are awesome.

I personally love to find missions where I know I can make a difference and then I take the fight straight to the ENTJ, yell for awhile (which the ENTJs call talking), and then get permission to actually improve things. Once I take a mission to them, they really like me, because I dont fight for a cause unless I know I am right, so going head to head with ENTJs is damned fun, because I know I can win.

I heart ENTJs.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The amount of opposite traits described in the OP really caught my eye. I thought it was a combination of many different types; I stopped reading when it started to seem like SNJP.