User Tag List

View Poll Results: Going by function tests or my own analysis, I am a...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fe dom with higher Te than Ti

0 0%
  • Fe dom with higher Ti than Te

0 0%
  • Te dom with higher Fe than Fi

0 0%
  • Te dom with higher Fi than Fe

2 7.41%
  • Si dom with higher Ni than Ne

0 0%
  • Si dom with higher Ne than Ni

0 0%
  • Ni dom with higher Si than Se

1 3.70%
  • Ni dom with higher Se than Si

4 14.81%
  • Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe

10 37.04%
  • Ti dom with higher Fe than Fi

2 7.41%
  • Fi dom with higher Ti than Te

4 14.81%
  • Fi dom with higher Te than Ti

1 3.70%
  • Ne dom with higher Se than Si

2 7.41%
  • Ne dom with higher Si than Se

0 0%
  • Se dom with higher Ne than Ni

1 3.70%
  • Se dom with higher Ni than Ne

0 0%
123 Last

Thread: Hybrid types?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default Hybrid types?

Recently been thinking about this as a possibility, so I'm making a poll to see how common/uncommon this concept can be found in people here.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Going by function tests, Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi are all high scoring functions. Yet I'm pretty sure I'm not an Fi dominant even though I've scored as an INFP a couple of those times on those tests.

My Fi score is much higher than Fe on function tests as well. Yet I think I have stronger Fe than the function tests indicate. I guess being an introvert and a dominant Ti, I just don't relate to most of the Fe statements. Yet I find that I am fairly influenced by Fe if that makes sense. For example, I relate to alot of the Fe stuff in this thread: Fe and Not Having a Strong Sense of Self-Identity
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am both ENFP and INFJ. However, I am also not the sanest member of the forum.

It's interesting that my astrological sign is Gemini.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I test equally in being an Ne Dom and Se dom, and I personally think that I am equally strong in using both of what I analyzed in my own life, so I'm not really sure how to answer the poll.

I think being a 'hybrid' type is more common than people who stick by the order of functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I test equally in being an Ne Dom and Se dom, and I personally think that I am equally strong in using both of what I analyzed in my own life, so I'm not really sure how to answer the poll.

I think being a 'hybrid' type is more common than people who stick by the order of functions.
    Yeah same here ...don't know how to answer the poll when some tests say I'm Ni dominant to the point of being INFJ with secondary type as INTJ...and other tests I score higher on Ne or Fi.

It's pretty consistently those four functions...Ni Fi Ne Fe. Yup.

Oh, and another test told me I'm REALLY an ENTP who just wishes I was ENFP.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Going by function tests, Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi are all high scoring functions. Yet I'm pretty sure I'm not an Fi dominant even though I've scored as an INFP a couple of those times on those tests.
    I think that may be due to the fact that so many INTPs and INFPs take them. I mean if you look at the proportion of types on this site.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah same here ...don't know how to answer the poll when some tests say I'm Ni dominant to the point of being INFJ with secondary type as INTJ...and other tests I score higher on Ne or Fi.

It's pretty consistently those four functions...Ni Fi Ne Fe. Yup.
    those are my four highest also....supposedly...but i don't know if it's how the tests are worded or if i'm just predominantly an intuitive feeler type...it makes sense too that i would use those 4 the most having an enfp dad and an infj mother...i was probably programed to view the world in that way or something.

but for the poll i voted ne dome with higher se then si because yeah my si is laughable according to those tests but i have a feeling i use it often...just poorly. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    those are my four highest also....supposedly...but i don't know if it's how the tests are worded or if i'm just predominantly an intuitive feeler type...it makes sense too that i would use those 4 the most having an enfp dad and an infj mother...i was probably programed to view the world in that way or something.

but for the poll i voted ne dome with higher se then si because yeah my si is laughable according to those tests but i have a feeling i use it often...just poorly. :/
    I have a poor memory (ADHD innatentive makes it very difficult to store information well), so that should mean I don't have much Si, but I have other things like often reffering to my memory (which gathers things best when it's something of interest) and preffering to take actions that have proven to work for me, or enjoying doing things with some level of routine. But before anyone suggests I'm an ISXJ, it should be known that I also have crazy amounts of Ne at times.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i can be si ish i think...i like certain family traditions and i'm very nostalgic...or maybe that's not si ish..haha i don't know as much about it as i should by this point.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i can be si ish i think...i like certain family traditions and i'm very nostalgic...or maybe that's not si ish..haha i don't know as much about it as i should by this point.
    Yes, I'm nostalgic too. I think nostalgia is mostly correlated with Si and Fx functions, since it is usually about mood, memory and emotions you feel in familiar environments. I once read (in a huge INTP profile) that nostalgia was important to many INTPs and they were good at sensing 'mood' so I think that Si plays a large role.
    JiNe