User Tag List

View Poll Results: Going by function tests or my own analysis, I am a...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fe dom with higher Te than Ti

0 0%
  • Fe dom with higher Ti than Te

0 0%
  • Te dom with higher Fe than Fi

0 0%
  • Te dom with higher Fi than Fe

2 7.41%
  • Si dom with higher Ni than Ne

0 0%
  • Si dom with higher Ne than Ni

0 0%
  • Ni dom with higher Si than Se

1 3.70%
  • Ni dom with higher Se than Si

4 14.81%
  • Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe

10 37.04%
  • Ti dom with higher Fe than Fi

2 7.41%
  • Fi dom with higher Ti than Te

4 14.81%
  • Fi dom with higher Te than Ti

1 3.70%
  • Ne dom with higher Se than Si

2 7.41%
  • Ne dom with higher Si than Se

0 0%
  • Se dom with higher Ne than Ni

1 3.70%
  • Se dom with higher Ni than Ne

0 0%
First 123 Last

Thread: Hybrid types?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

From the admittedly limited data amassed so far, it looks like this is more true for perciever types than judging types. All 6 percievers have related to the hybrid type theory, and none of the 3 judgers.

TBH I had somewhat expected this, since it seemed to occur most with Ps in my experience with typing characters.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

(I'm assuming "higher"=more preferred?)

I can't participate in this because I don't really share the same function theory. From an analysis of myself, I'm very confident I have the least preference for Fe, sure for Dom Ti and sure for Both Aux Ne and Ter Si.

My standpoint for Fi is really just "neutral". For Ni, slightly neutral. Te is also neutral. Se is also neutral. Thus, validating the utility of MBTI's function hierarchy in terms of self cognitive analysis. But if neutral was on a higher level than disinclination, then it would be Fi>Fe.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    (I'm assuming "higher"=more preferred?)

I can't participate in this because I don't really share the same function theory. From an analysis of myself, I'm very confident I have the least preference for Fe, sure for Dom Ti and sure for Both Aux Ne and Ter Si.

My standpoint for Fi is really just "neutral". For Ni, slightly neutral. Te is also neutral. Se is also neutral. Thus, validating the utility of MBTI's function hierarchy in terms of self cognitive analysis. But if neutral was on a higher level than disinclination, then it would be Fi>Fe.
    Disinclination is lower than neutral I would assume, if by 'more preffered' means you tend to use it more, regardless of whether you use it skillfully.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

It's interesting that my astrological sign is Gemini.

I put Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe.. but it can be very unclear to me. Some of the Fi questions on the cognitiveprocesses test would indicate that I'm total FAIL on the Fi angle actually, so I will say Ti.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
    "Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good."

I don't even know what my favorite color is. Take that as you will.

Some of the things I might identify with my sense of "Fi" are actually Fe:

"Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings." - Almost to my embarassment at times. It doesn't last for long though.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Hm... took another cognitive test. Got INFP this time.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

According to function tests, I'd be a Fi-dom with higher Ti than Te. I'd also have a higher use of Ni than I am supposed to. My top functions are usually: Fi, Ne, Ti, Ni. All this really says to me is that I prefer Ji to judge and iNtuition to perceive. In reality, I think I am FiNe, and I'm not much concerned about my lower function order (in reality...in theory I can discuss it til the cows come home).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my top two scores are always Se and Ne
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I put Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe.. but it can be very unclear to me. Some of the Fi questions on the cognitiveprocesses test would indicate that I'm total FAIL on the Fi angle actually, so I will say Ti.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
    "Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good."

I don't even know what my favorite color is. Take that as you will.
    I don't know what my favorite color is either (or my favorite for just about anything), yet I have no problem saying yes to those quesitons. I may not know what my very favorite thing is but I do know what I like and enjoy and what I don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Some of the things I might identify with my sense of "Fi" are actually Fe:

"Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings." - Almost to my embarassment at times. It doesn't last for long though.
    Yes, this is one of the Fe questions. For me it depends. Sometimes I'll blame myself for someone's displeasure. If I think I did or said something to cause it, it's my responsibility to make things okay again. However, if someone just randomly walks up to me in a bad mood, I don't feel any responsibility for that.

The taking care of others' feelings sounds vague. In general I'd prefer that someone else do it. I don't really feel comfortable playing the role of someone who tries to calm down destressed people or cheer sad people up. I suppose my role in taking care of others' feeling is more indirect. I simply try to maintain the emotional harmony with the people I'm with and usually avoid saying things that could hurt someone's feelings.

For what its worth, I think the cognitive functions test overestimates my Fi and underestimates my Fe.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so you think the usage of other less dominant functions has to do with your enneagram...or influences it or something? because it makes some sense to me that i would have a 6 wing and also score high in ni and fe..kinda...know what i mean? and an enfp with higher si might have a 1 wing or higher te and have an 8 wing...not saying anything new really i guess...just thinking out loud like i do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison