User Tag List

Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Fe User,

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Yeah Jag, from what I know of highlander I don't think that question was meant as a challenge so much as just asking for more information. Being that this is primarily a typology site, it's a reasonable thing to ask. I realize that many people here don't actually believe in MBTI or enneagram or anything else. It's just helpful to better understand what brought them to those conclusions. In my case I feel that perhaps they have considered some things that I haven't as they have been thinking about that stuff longer. Can't speak for highlander though.
    I appreciate the input, fid, but I don't agree. And frankly, after what I saw highlander post to a female ENTJ in another thread, I don't really care to converse with him about anything involving typology. Period.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

There is interesting research being done by Nardi that show different parts of the brain are activated by the same stimuli between different MBTI types. Seymour posted it: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rain-type.html - a very fascinating read.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Plumage and Moult Array proteanmix's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    There is interesting research being done by Nardi that show different parts of the brain are activated by the same stimuli between different MBTI types. Seymour posted it: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rain-type.html - a very fascinating read.
    Yeah, I read that and Nardi didn't even have participants for eight of the 16 types and NFPs were completely overrepresented. Interesting yes, but I wouldn't base anything on it.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I appreciate the input, fid, but I don't agree. And frankly, after what I saw highlander post to a female ENTJ in another thread, I don't really care to converse with him about anything involving typology. Period.
    I believe I know exactly what you are talking about and the interesting thing about that post is that several people sent me reps or other messages to say they agreed with me. So, you may not like what I had to say, but realize there are people who do feel that way at times.

I apologize if what I said in that other thread offended you.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I believe the people that have the most problems bridging between the Fe or Fi users in their real life (I think these miscommunications are exacerbated online) are the ones that are very deeply entrenched in their Fe or Fi mindsets.

These are the ones that believe if you know whether or not they're a Fe/Fi that you can predict what car they drive, what job they have, a person's political and religious affiliations, the color of their socks, and what kind of toothpaste they use. When people start linking behaviors and belief systems to this my eyes glaze. The thing about it is you can't prove or disprove anything so it's like the song that doesn't end.
    Exactly.

What I have seen in this forum, I have never seen IRL. For decades, I spoke with almost 100 new people every day. Zero communication gap. Zero. If there was this massive divide, I sure as heck would have seen it. I hired, trained, and mentored teams of people while also building B2B relationships every single day. In other words, I wore several different hats with comfort.

I dealt with human beings. I didn't deal with Fi and Fe people.

Hate

"Moderator Highlander doesn't care about Fe people."

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mop827WmWHE"]-[/YOUTUBE]

I knew that's what it was going to be.

Ginkgo

Kanye West has the mind and mouth of a child. He needs a swift kick in the ass.

Hate

Punky Brewster is inclined to agree. Nice wordplay using the word 'swift, btw.

Two thumbs up.

Ginkgo

All this rabble about "Why are you here?" is ridiculous. Isn't disagreement with the content on TypoC a reason to be here?

If you think that only people who believe in the content should be here, it reads as though people should only be here to confirm and conform.

Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast