User Tag List

First 20606869707172 Last

Thread: Dear Fe User,

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    Yeah, healthy Fe is great. I mostly see it in middle-aged and older adults though, not usually in my age group. I'm 19 btw and just finished my first year of college.

I don't mean to hate on Fe, it just pisses me off how people who claim to be warm and caring are so quick to gang up on people, sometimes for no reason. I've had a lot of bad experiences with this in online groups especially. People would get tired of shit, so they'd leave, and there would always be hundreds of comments (mostly from Fe-users) about how they're pathetic, an attention seeker, etc. That's what gets to me, when they decide it's okay to be rude because other people are doing it.
    Ganging up is a horrible behavior. There could be some correlation with Fe since that function has some connection to group behaviors. I have seen it done on T-dom sites, and would venture to say that negative gossip happens in larger numbers than could always be contributed to Fe.

During high school, I went to a small, farm-based, christian school, and there was one girl there that everyone in the entire school had 'permission' to mistreat. She was the omega of the group, the wounded chicken everyone picked on. I was horrified by it. When she dropped her tray in the cafeteria the entire school stomped and roared as she ran out. There was a rumor she was demon-possessed. She ran out of the dorm saying she was going to commit suicide, and a girl yelled, 'yeah, well, really do it this time'. I cannot remember any person being kind to her. While I've made mistakes in my life (including being unfair to a girl while in fourth grade), during these years I did the right thing. I was her friend and would listen to her. One time in choir she turned around and said loudly to me 'you spit on me', there was silence, and I said "I'm sorry". She turned around and looked so happy. It broke my heart because I knew she was so happy because I was kind to her in front of everybody. I felt like maybe she trusted me enough to know I wouldn't snark back at her.

My brother was bullied during his school years, and I have rage about ganging up on people. It's one of my triggers that can make me go crazy. I'll attack people trying to do that. When I've pushed back online it has not gone well. In some of these type berating discussions I feel that this is exactly what is happening. Everyone is ganging up on a function (and certain individuals by default). I have felt the worst of it is Fi directed at Fe for this group bullying, so that is an ironic example of it. Sometimes it's Fi, sometimes it's Fe, but in either case it can bother me when the attacks are extremist, slandering, and mean-spirited. Your comment sounds genuine and you are addressing a serious issue that can have some connection to Fe, and I read that you are trying to make sense of it.

During my high school years, that ganging up behavior had to include some Fi people as well because it was basically an entire school of 100 people. I hope someone else besides me was nice to that girl at times, but I never saw it happen, and I certainly looked for it. Those years were intensely lonely for me because even when people were nice to me, I knew it was shallow and meaningless. I knew that every single person there had it in their heart to be horribly unkind. It makes no difference how it's directed when it is expressed so clearly.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    It's just as logical as Fi.
    Fi isn't logic either.

let's just clarify having good manners doesn't equate with logic.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Good manners has little to do with the functions, and to describe Fx functions that way does them disservice to what they actually are.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes prplchknz, SearchingforPeace, Ghost liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Good manners has little to do with the functions, and to describe Fx functions that way does them disservice to what they actually are.
    so touchy...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

so touchy...
    Who said people are touchy. You're the one making claims without backing things up.

You are basing your evaluation of the function the stereotype that Fx functions are just emotional and illogical, which is flat untrue. You're only thinking of hard formal logic (which incidentally all individuals on this planet can and do use regardless of type). The difference between F and T functions is mainly around analysis of subjective information and objective information. The former can absolutely be analyzed logically. A lot of it deals with social stuff, and you need to be logical to finesse that correctly.

Likes SearchingforPeace, yama liked this post

as i said FJs don't like being seen as illogical.

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Fi isn't logic either.
    First of all, how would you describe your Fi?

Secondly, are you saying that both F types are incapable of logic or that the functions are illogical?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

as i said FJs don't like being seen as illogical.
    No one likes to be seen as illogical.

You didn't demonstrate how I might be wrong. Unless you do so, your accusations are totally meaningless and incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    are you saying that both F types are incapable of logic or that the functions are illogical?
    i'm saying that Fe/Fi has nothing to do with logic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: