User Tag List

First 1656646566676876 Last

Results 651 to 660 of 766

Thread: Dear Fe User,

  1. #651
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    And what about inferior Fe?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  2. #652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    And what about inferior Fe?
    If it's in the fourth position in MBTI, that makes it your dual-seeking function.


    Pairing up with a person who uses it in the dominant position will help you develop it.

  3. #653
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    958

    Default

    I dislike Fe too, and I think Fe-doms can be very inconsiderate. Last semester, these girls (ESFJ and ISFJ) in my speech class wouldn't stop talking about this girl in their group who hadn't been coming to class. The ESFJ went on this rant about how they were going to kick her out if the group if she did come back. It made me so mad that I turned around and politely suggested they consider the fact that she might be going through a lot of stuff. I wanted to tell them off though.

    Oh and in high school choir, the buttload of ESFJs in there wouldn't shut up about this ENFP because she missed a rehearsal. They were saying she should fail the class and stuff, like, in front of everyone. I didn't do anything because it would have been me vs. like 60 people, but I was really f***ing pissed off.

    I don't even like the amount of Fe that other INTPs have. I hung out with an INTP and ISTP until they literally tried to ban someone from their lunch table for "being annoying." That time, I definitely told them off, lol.

    Fe just seems immature at times. I think the concept of "majority rules" for group projects is stupid. Everyone involved should agree; that way everyone will work harder. Although I do have some Fe. As a kid, I was always that dork nagging everyone to put the crayons in the middle. I'll also admit that I can't stand some of the more unusual people I know (ie. otaku, furries, "otherkin," etc.) although that might be more Si than Fe, since I was raised in a pretty "normal" family.
    Previous username: EliaBlack

  4. #654
    Active Member Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    No, but I have found some who do accept it as a framework, one they don't see or understand but do appreciate and believe exists.



    Yes, I like how you've condensed that down, with the following caveat. I used to think Fe ignored internal states, but for the most part, I've realized Fe users actually have little to no perception of the space I define as that space. Like literally, do not sense, like the human eye can't generally "see" ultraviolet light. It has helped mature my attitude from frustration to acceptance.

    It's only when I more openly push my emotions around on the chessboard of Fe that I can participate in that realm, so I've been trying to be more clear about getting my needs met by Fe users. It does seem to help all be happier.

    Ni-Fe gets good at what it does from reading hundreds or even thousands of tiny nearly imperceptible external cues encompassing a variety of "tells". Fi-Ne gets good at what it does by opening to what's sensed from that internal space and tangentially fanning out to connect all those feelings into a consistent logical (Fi-logical) web. People who can fake a "tell" can deceive Ni-Fe. People who can fake an internal state can deceive Fi-Ne. To maintain such a deception would entail being able to keep up the game. An INFJ-INFP combination might be particularly effective at detection though, each being able to cover off a place the other does not "see".
    I have been in a family of STRONG Fe and Te and have learned how to push my way around. They can be so forward, loud, and domineering that they dont really know who they respect and who they dont at those times. Had to become that way during get togethers to get a word in edge wise. On a one on one level though, its a much different story. They dont have that hype that builds Te or Fe and they are more personable, get them in a group though and DAMN, its loud, non-stop, and no holds bars. Never got into fights or anything, just alot of slinging shit around. I think they called it ham hawing or something. Gotta love texan phrases, they confuse the shit outta me.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

  5. #655
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    it's not perfect but what is.

    Though I do find it interesting when people are irritated by the prescriptiveness and perceived restriction of Fe but fail to recognize those same characteristics in Te. Perhaps these individuals do not find the concept of "objective truth" as bizarre as "objective ethics"?

    I also find it interesting when people dislike how unfair Fe is for refusing to elevate an individual's values above the group unless said individual is able to convey to the group how such a change is to the collective's benefit. I guess that second part might be where things fall through...

    But that's what makes personality typology so neat, no?

  6. #656
    Unapologetically Curious Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    it's not perfect but what is.

    Though I do find it interesting when people are irritated by the prescriptiveness and perceived restriction of Fe but fail to recognize those same characteristics in Te. Perhaps these individuals do not find the concept of "objective truth" as bizarre as "objective ethics"?

    I also find it interesting when people dislike how unfair Fe is for refusing to elevate an individual's values above the group unless said individual is able to convey to the group how such a change is to the collective's benefit. I guess that second part might be where things fall through...

    But that's what makes personality typology so neat, no?
    The thing that irritates me about Fe being used over the masses, is that I see so many people around me being played like puppets since I feel with many, emotional arguments are like some cheap ploy thrown onto them, and the maddening thing is, it actually works! Cue sad puppy commercial or starving child commercial. You are definately right though, in that Te does the same thing but through logic, but there is something about playing on the emotions of people that gets to me, versus playing on logical "truth". Just to put it out there, I often don't put too much stock into scientific evidence or proof either. It's not all that practical to research everything yourself, but I try not to take most things at face value.

    Ugh, rant over... Sorry.

    I want to add, I don't typically have anything against Fe, I just can't stand emotionally based arguments, and the fact that it actually sways people. THAT's the maddening thing to me, not the function in of itself.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Personality Analyst liked this post

  7. #657
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    The thing that irritates me about Fe being used over the masses, is that I see so many people around me being played like puppets since I feel with many, emotional arguments are like some cheap ploy thrown onto them, and the maddening thing is, it actually works! Cue sad puppy commercial or starving child commercial. You are definately right though, in that Te does the same thing but through logic, but there is something about playing on the emotions of people that gets to me, versus playing on logical "truth". Just to put it out there, I often don't put too much stock into scientific evidence or proof either. It's not all that practical to research everything yourself, but I try not to take most things at face value.

    Ugh, rant over... Sorry.

    I want to add, I don't typically have anything against Fe, I just can't stand emotionally based arguments, and the fact that it actually sways people. THAT's the maddening thing to me, not the function in of itself.
    Regarding the bolded, why do you think it works so well?

  8. #658
    Unapologetically Curious Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Regarding the bolded, why do you think it works so well?
    Guilt is universal. It may come from somewhere individual for each person, but all someone has to do if they wish to sway people is to tap into this guilt in a general enough, yet targeted way that feeds on it. Such in the same way that a fortune teller makes general enough statements to blanket most people that come in to visit them, yet targeted enough to make it seem genuine for any individual. As far as I'm concerned, guilt is the easiest negative emotion to tap into to get the masses to think one way or another.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #659
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    I dislike Fe too, and I think Fe-doms can be very inconsiderate. Last semester, these girls (ESFJ and ISFJ) in my speech class wouldn't stop talking about this girl in their group who hadn't been coming to class. The ESFJ went on this rant about how they were going to kick her out if the group if she did come back. It made me so mad that I turned around and politely suggested they consider the fact that she might be going through a lot of stuff. I wanted to tell them off though.

    Oh and in high school choir, the buttload of ESFJs in there wouldn't shut up about this ENFP because she missed a rehearsal. They were saying she should fail the class and stuff, like, in front of everyone. I didn't do anything because it would have been me vs. like 60 people, but I was really f***ing pissed off.

    I don't even like the amount of Fe that other INTPs have. I hung out with an INTP and ISTP until they literally tried to ban someone from their lunch table for "being annoying." That time, I definitely told them off, lol.

    Fe just seems immature at times. I think the concept of "majority rules" for group projects is stupid. Everyone involved should agree; that way everyone will work harder. Although I do have some Fe. As a kid, I was always that dork nagging everyone to put the crayons in the middle. I'll also admit that I can't stand some of the more unusual people I know (ie. otaku, furries, "otherkin," etc.) although that might be more Si than Fe, since I was raised in a pretty "normal" family.
    I think Fe can be quite unhealthy, especially when the individuals are young. ESFJs in high school are either the sweetest people ever, or they're the worst bitches.

    Fe isn't immature. The individuals are. Fe just seems more outwardly immature because, well, it's an outward and interpersonal function. But healthy Fe is the most wonderful thing, I promise. I've seen it.

    I don't know how old you are though. This is just something I've noticed.
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud
    .

    2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Hard liked this post

  10. #660
    suspended in a sunbeam magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Se
    Posts
    3,413

    Default

    My best friend is an SFJ. Potentially E, but I'm not sure. I've never gotten along with anyone better. I spent 7 hours in a row just talking to her when I saw her last.

    When I was in high school I felt weird because she was so much better than me. Better as in good, though not necessarily good at things, just a good person. But she is good at things as well. But I'm happy to spend time with her now, in part because being around her makes me feel like I'm a good person too. I think with healthy Fe there is a lot of love to go around, and you can just sort of bask in it.

    I've never gotten along with an ENFJ though.

Similar Threads

  1. The reason behind your user name.
    By Yloh in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 06:31 PM
  2. NEW USER
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
  3. That new user smell...
    By ewomack in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
  4. hello from user #982738291
    By Electric in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts