User Tag List

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 732

Thread: Dear Fe User,

  1. #601
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I would think he protests Seal Clubs, don't you?
    For age discrimination, surely.

  2. #602
    Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    16,237

    Default

    So after starting this thread, and diving into the subject, now I'm seeing Fe everywhere. It's sort of remarkable discovery to recognize and understand it.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #603
    Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default Dear Fi User,

    On the one hand, I admire Fi. Its focus on personal needs, ethics, artistic interpretation, unspoken emotional understanding, and resisting conformity are a big part of what makes the world a diverse place to live. It "honors" its own feeling judgments, which is really wonderful and because of all of these remarkable qualities, it facilitates the building of ethical ideals in the way that perhaps no other function can replicate. Without it, I don't know if social change would be possible.

    At the same time, there are things which deeply disturb me about Fi. I don't like the judgements it applies to decide its own actions are appropriate based only on its own perspective or desires. A combination of the arrogance that its perspective is right along with the fact that it tends to reflect a unpopular view means that it can lead to all sorts of things such as offending people, destroying social unity, and preventing cooperation. A bad situation can continue to exist for the sake of maintaining integrity. Also, there is the particular challenge that when the Fi perspective is voiced, others quickly feel forced to choose sides, because of course it reflects a unpopular view - even if that perspective is wrong. An extreme negative example of Fi would be the Doctor Kevorkian's assisted suicide cases, in which the doctor and patient were in agreement, but didn't take into account the feelings of their families or Kevorkian's obligations under the Hippocratic oath. It's like a sheep straying too far from the herd and leading others along with them to get eaten by wolves.

    Don't get me wrong. I am a huge Fi fan. As I first stated, I see all of the good that it does in the world. Still, I'm quite happy to be an Fe user, with my own sociable and polite judgments, and to be freed from the tyranny of seeing everything in terms of personal will and subjectivity. Trust me Fi user, I've listened to what you said. The fact that I go along with others doesn't mean that I DON'T agree with you, nor does it mean you are wrong. It means that we've decided it is not a battle worth fighting. If I were to fight against every belief or cause I disagreed with, I would quickly exhaust myself. When I say something is right or it's wrong in public, it's the opinion of others and not my own thoughts. With that perspective in particular, it is important to pick your battles.

    Anyway, I guess what really bothers me is a deep disconnect on the values as to what is important. It is enough to understand this and to see the worth of both perspectives, I suppose for now.

    Thank you very much and carry on.


  4. #604
    i love Array skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    ^ lol, fair enough

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    it tends to reflect a unpopular view
    does it usually? i don't think so. i think it's actually usually quite on par with Fe. it's just that it's rather outspoken when it's not.

    i am a proponent of seeing similarities/overlap between F functions

  5. #605
    Make 2017 a good one! Array Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None
    Posts
    14,207

    Default

    It would be interesting to do this for Te and Ti as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

  6. #606
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    It would be interesting to do this for Te and Ti as well
    Then start posting here

  7. #607
    Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    does it usually? i don't think so. i think it's actually usually quite on par with Fe. it's just that it's rather outspoken when it's not.
    Well, exactly. Fe tends to keep silent or lie when it disagrees, but makes a point to express agreement. Fi tends to keep silent when it agrees, and becomes outspoken when it disagrees. Is it any wonder we don't understand each other? I probably tend to think Fi users disagree more often than they really do, just because they're not expressing their agreement in the same way as Fe users.
    i am a proponent of seeing similarities/overlap between F functions
    There's plenty, actually. All F users tend to be more sensitive in some way, and make decisions based on values rather than logic.

  8. #608
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Fe tends to keep silent or lie when it disagrees, but makes a point to express agreement. Fi tends to keep silent when it agrees, and becomes outspoken when it disagrees.
    Good observation.

    So why do you keep telling everyone to lie? Just because it makes you comfortable? Telling Fi users to be Fe users is like telling black people to be white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #609
    Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    So why do you keep telling everyone to lie?
    I'm not necessarily telling them to lie, so much as keep their disagreement to themselves and talk about other things.

    Telling Fi users to be Fe users is like telling black people to be white.
    Well, I mostly think that they need to learn how to use Fe in public or group settings in order to avoid constantly having fights break out. I'm not telling them to be Fe users, just to learn Fe skills in order to get along better with others.

    I know INTJs who have done this successfully, so I know it can be done if the person realizes that it's necessary and works at it.

  10. #610
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm not necessarily telling them to lie, so much as keep their disagreement to themselves and talk about other things.
    Same difference. To a Fi user.

    Well, I mostly think that they need to learn how to use Fe in public or group settings in order to avoid constantly having fights break out. I'm not telling them to be Fe users, just to learn Fe skills in order to get along better with others.

    I know INTJs who have done this successfully, so I know it can be done if the person realizes that it's necessary and works at it.
    This is patronizing beyond belief. Have you listened to yourself?
    So dripping with "Fe-way or the highway". Some people have no interest in worshipping Fe the way you do. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The reason behind your user name.
    By Yloh in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 12:57 PM
  2. NEW USER
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
  3. That new user smell...
    By ewomack in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
  4. hello from user #982738291
    By Electric in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •