User Tag List

First 343515253545563 Last

Thread: Dear Fe User,

Glycerine

haha, I have no idea what to think anymore. Fe and Fi just seem like a bundled mess that will keep going on forever without much progress. I find it very difficult to differentiate between the motives sometimes. Maybe I have been hanging around an e 2 INFP for too long? lol

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Can't. I don't have the answer yet. I'm just doing what my kind of introvert does, insisting that there's something behind the appearances. In this case the something is something about what it is to have, as apparently we all do, some kind of foundational pattern to our consciousnesses.

Beneath functions is type dynamics and beneath type dynamics is.... something. And if there is... something, then mix-n-match functions and "having" and "using" and "developing" functions and doing anything called "intense" probably all get some meaning other than what play they currently stand in for.

RARR, I SO AM INTROVERTED!!!!

grrr
    Seriously, though, you skipped right over your explanation for using the word retard. I'm just gonna chalk that up to immature IxTJ Fi, that some are so insistent on claiming is really part of their objective Te. *snickers.*

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    haha, I have no idea what to think anymore. Fe and Fi just seem like a bundled mess that will keep going on forever without much progress. I find it very difficult to differentiate between the motives sometimes. Maybe I have been hanging around an e 2 INFP for too long? lol
    lol, its hard to figure out the motives for an ISTP. Our main motive is to enjoy life, its very selfish

luckily we are so laid back its not hard and boredom is what we fight with the most. Stupid lack of Ne for ideas.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I am lost as to what ENFPs go through the world doing. It seems they go through the world upbeat, get burned, settle with a worldview, and then get stuck in a rut based on this worldview. At that point control things to make it through this world view to avoid getting stepped on again and aim for the lesser of 2 evils. Not realizing that "evil" has been defined by their "worldview", which is based on experience.
    lolwut?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Seriously, though, you skipped right over your explanation for using the word retard. I'm just gonna chalk that up to immature IxTJ Fi, that some are so insistent on claiming is really part of their objective Te. *snickers.*
    There was to be such an explanation? That was the important part?

Oh, I see, this is Te, suggestions about the environment that offer other people the chance to show what they'll do next and you can see if it follows the hinted at path acceptable to introverted judgment. That Te. The kickass kind.

*sigh* EDIT: ^ and which actually iz a brand of extroverted thinking. Just heavily overlain with extroverted perception demands.

Iz still not sorry. If EPs can lace their talk with hidden introverted judgment demands, I can insult revealed threats from the environment to my subjective perception. What, only ENFPs use Te to kick?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    lolwut?
    I dont know, you would have to see what I see. I think I just defined everyone in a nutshell from birth to death though

So u do fit in somewhere I just have no clue what it is u guys actually do along the way.

edit: I mean people, grew up where "guys" just meant people in general

MBTI
    STP

Oh, I see, this is Te, suggestions about the environment that offer other people the chance to show what they'll do next and you can see if it follows the hinted at path acceptable to introverted judgment. That Te. The kickass kind.

*sigh* EDIT: ^ and which actually iz a brand of extroverted thinking. Just heavily overlain with extroverted perception demands.

Iz still not sorry. If EPs can lace their talk with hidden introverted judgment demands, I can insult revealed threats from the environment to my subjective perception. What, only ENFPs use Te to kick?
    Lol, Fi is funny.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I dont know, you would have to see what I see. I think I just defined everyone in a nutshell from birth to death though

So u do fit in somewhere I just have no clue what it is u guys actually do along the way.

edit: I mean people, grew up where "guys" just meant people in general
    Do you mean by worldview that we tend to have very strong philosophical and/or political and/or spiritual opinions?

The thing is, though, as I've grown older I've become more politically moderate, less non-religious spiritual and more de facto atheist (agnostic) and less confrontational with other people. So I've changed. It's not like I have some concrete world view I developed by age 18 and go around telling people they're evil if they don't fit into it. No offense to SJs, but that really does sound more like an SFJ than an ENFP.

ENFPs are pretty strongly opinionated, though. I think anyone with Fi is going to have really strong gut-level feelings about certain things. I know that I do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know you did it to see if I'd zone it on that (the value judgement rather than the more objective content) and, no, I don't expect you to be sorry.

I expect you to realize though that it comes more from your subjective Fi than your objective Te, which is relevant to the conversation we've been having, n'est-ce pas?

It sucks to see an ENFP whos worldview has overtaken their internal view and lost that balance. Oro, the way I see this fix is when your ENTP suggested that you meld(I dont remember your exact word, maybe anneal) what you saw as Fi and Te to strengthen yourself which allows you to bring it back into balance. I dont know how I would define your Fi and Te that you merged. Fi sounded like a halfway point between what I see as Fi and Si. *edited*: I am lost though as to Te, maybe that one stood alone and pushed you back to Ne openness and experience.
    I admit I am at a loss....what? hehehhe. Ah-the entp was wanting to try and find Fi, but I recall that thread. I suspect learning to use your aux-tert functions in a concerted way is a huge step forward in growth though...and yeah depending upon the external world we can over rely upon the internal or external world too much.

I am lost as to what ENFPs go through the world doing. It seems they go through the world upbeat, get burned, settle with a worldview, and then get stuck in a rut based on this worldview. At that point control things to make it through this world view to avoid getting stepped on again and aim for the lesser of 2 evils. Not realizing that "evil" has been defined by their "worldview", which is based on experience. More will come as I try and figure you people out

edit: All along the way they try their hardest to keep that upbeat, no matter how beat down they get. Avoiding this melding of Fi and Te and trying to balance each individually maybe.
    Hmmm...well so we start out ridiculously stupidly innocent-we are nice. we assume other people are nice. projection FTW! As we get kicked around a bit, we start to feel Fi pain, then certain things get stored away as FiSi with a label of "bad". The rut you describe is if we are stuck in a constant FiSi loop and cant find anyway forward. We get really bitter and whiny-like the ISTJs( EDIT: oh damn-hehehe, like the ISTJs stuck in a bad spot do)-and become afraid of change as change will be painful. So we use Te to try and establish safety barriers-to control the world so we are not exposed to FiSi painful things. In the worst case we block out the whole world definsively-to prevent any pain-kinda like the INTJs do. However pain tempers and forges Fi-when you get Fi hurt you learn lessons about how to not be stupid in the future, how to productively work through pain and hurt and not become and exploding ball of vomiting emo goo-but if you never get hurt-when finally hurt-it is very bad.

Now the INTJ often lectures about letting go of hurt and caring for others-yet not being attached. Silly Ni users. Si is like being chained to a solid substrate-literally CHAINED. Thus FiSi is being chained emotionally to the past. beneovalent caring attachment. It is an area I am still trying to understand but so far I have learned that changing Fi is slow stuff and very messy.

The upbeatness is all Ne-"Oh shit this entire place sucks and I hate my life-but look at that shiny little crack I can escape through" as long as we can find a crack, a bright point, an emotionally optimistic way to view the situation, we can put the pain aside. Te cant pull us out of an FiSi loop-NeFi does that by asking questions like "Stop looking so far forward and instead look around-what can I do to help those in my immediate circle" If we help them-we feel rewarded by Fi, thus released from the loop-we are learning new Si patterns. ISTJs have the worst FiSi loops EVER though...

decisions for me can be made with Fi-but feel very isolated to myself, with sloppy Te-which I can extend more readily to others, or by taking turns stabbing a problem with both-which generates pretty good answers. However every so often-when I feel rightously driven in a good way-it is like FiTe merge into something greater. They become something more than they are in isolation...

EDIT-Totally used "we" but could mean "I" but it is a bit mixed up. I see all of this in me but have seen in some other enfps as well, so I "we'd" the whole post recognizing it is by default flawed.

well except for this part:
    (oh, btw, I used myself in my above example regarding taking responsibility for projections of worldviews-in reality that REALLY was meant to be an externalization-We ALL need to do that. I did it a lot last year when the ENTPs were poking around. I learned a great deal about myself and my flaws through listening to their observations.)