User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

Thread: Dear Fe User,

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I am entertained by rude argumentative ENTPs. Perhaps because i am a highly questioning ENFP though...
    You're entertained by rudeness? But, why?

Didnt you know all baby mammels have gigantic eyes so we will take care of them love them? It's a mom thing, cause they are kinda a pain in the butt truth be told. oh-hang on at leidesplaan while in amswterdam. often in the evenings they have bands and such and lots of good bars and side walk cafes. If you stay down that way you can also walk to the best meusuems and it isnt as trashy as down by the redlight district.
    I need to get a baby mammal with large eyes.

I'm staying near the Anne Frank house.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I wish I had your superman vision to see through eyes and notice the eye sockets.
    I see everything that way.

When I look at attractive women I can see what they look like when they're old. When I look a children I can see how they might grow up to be cool or an embarrassment to their families. When I look down the street I can see the future overlaid like a glittering snow obscuring the present. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I can see my own skull lying in repose.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau
    Ironically, hearing these absolute statements that aren't intended is likely partially due to typological differences.
    haha!

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    In your opinion, to what degree are they useful? At what point do we throw up our hands and say, "individual differences" instead of "typological differences?"

A bit of what I'm seeing seems along the lines of

A: See the typological pattern, here?
    B: Well, it isn't ALL typology.
    A: What do you mean that typology has nothing to do with it?
    B: I didn't say that typology has nothing to do with it.

What's missing is discussing the degree. How much is typological, how much isn't. Instead, we hear "absolute" statements from each other, when absolute statements are not implied. I really doubt anyone here is saying that typology explains everything, or that typology explains nothing, but instead people get caught up because they think they hear such things implied.
    I'm not going to have an answer/response to this tonight. I have to think about it and we'll see where it takes me. Part of why I have to think about it is because I feel like I've already answered this - just not directly, it seems. But I realize that's part of the problem here.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    STP

Alas. this may be true. Should I just give up though? ignore? grit my teeth and smile? avoid? I think the healthiest approach is to try and glean info of value, but look past the perceived feeling of being "flawed" and try and be detached emotionally. That takes time to learn on my part though.
    Detaching emotionally sucks big time, dont recomend it. I would prefer you get past the feeling of being flawed. I would never give up, adjust, find a balance which will lead to sometimes grit yor teeth and smile, sometimes ignore, sometimes fight back, sometimes avoid, sometimes give in and try their value, sometimes be stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

When I look at attractive women I can see what they look like when they're old. When I look a children I can see how they might grow up to be cool or an embarrassment to their families. When I look down the street I can see the future overlaid like a glittering snow obscuring the present. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I can see my own skull lying in repose.
    yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

simply yes.

I dont see it as rudeness-I see it as a search for the truest truth. i value the most correct answer-the most accurate answer as it is the one that allows me to choose the best path forward from an Fi perspective. If it accompanied by rudeness, but the logic is sound, fine by me. Baby ENTPs are fun as they discard Fe and will engage in really great debates where ideas are fleshed out in more and more detail.

MBTI
    ENTP

yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

simply yes.

I dont see it as rudeness-I see it as a search for the truest truth. i value the most correct answer-the most accurate answer as it is the one that allows me to choose the best path forward from an Fi perspective. If it accompanied by rudeness, but the logic is sound, fine by me. Baby ENTPs are fun as they discard Fe and will engage in really great debates where ideas are fleshed out in more and more detail.
    I think there's often just something really dishonest about being nice when it comes to discussing how you feel or think. For example, it's good to be nice to people, but if someone asks you what you really think or feel you should either be honest or politely decline from responding.

MBTI
    STP

Yeah, breasts dont really have sockets so your safe there, but everyone must just look like a man uptop and a female down below. I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Detaching emotionally sucks big time, dont recomend it. I would prefer you get past the feeling of being flawed. I would never give up, adjust, find a balance which will lead to sometimes grit yor teeth and smile, sometimes ignore, sometimes fight back, sometimes avoid, sometimes give in and try their value, sometimes be stubborn.
    But when I chatted with the ENTP she discussed her experience with Fe doms-she said she had to stop hanging around with a friend and her church pastor as she was left feeling horribly flawed each time-because they kept telling her how she needed to change everything about herself. Perhaps this is how Fe balances Ti, I really dont know...but the Fe can trigger a nasty shadow Fe response in me, which is very bad as I dont have Ti to internally rationalize and understand the issue. the first time this happened it was very painful, but after that, once I figured out the NeTe pattern, I just sort of sidestep it...understand I am not hearing the message correctly. that is the emo detachment though.

I think there's often just something really dishonest about being nice when it comes to discussing how you feel or think. For example, it's good to be nice to people, but if someone asks you what you really think or feel you should either be honest or politely decline from responding.
    This sounds a bit like an Fi approach to be honest. I dunno, i am trying to grow myself into new places though and really appreciate the perspective given by Fe.

Make sure to take the water taxi around the canals at least once-you can buy a day pass and get on and off right by the anne frank house. It stops up by the mueseum and then downtown as well. in reality it is a very walkable town though-get a bike if you are REALLY brave. hmmm, watch out for the pickpokets in the red light district...also the flower market is cheesy but pretty, and weidesplaain has a big open air flea market on Saturdays which can be fun too.

Must go dancing now w INTJ! Good night all! Thanks much for the thought provoking convo...

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

But when I chatted with the ENTP she discussed her experience with Fe doms-she said she had to stop hanging around with a friend and her church pastor as she was left feeling horribly flawed each time-because they kept telling her how she needed to change everything about herself. Perhaps this is how Fe balances Ti, I really dont know...but the Fe can trigger a nasty shadow Fe response in me, which is very bad as I dont have Ti to internally rationalize and understand the issue. the first time this happened it was very painful, but after that, once I figured out the NeTe pattern, I just sort of sidestep it...understand I am not hearing the message correctly. that is the emo detachment though.
    This is an example of an application I don't understand. When you hear your ENTP friend say this about Fe doms, or with your own experience with Fe-doms, is it implied that you don't believe this behavior to be true of ExFJ's as Types themselves, but are instead citing this as an example which only really applies to that one particular Fe-dom that happens to infringe on others, trying to change them? Or that you recognize that it's not really what the Fe is doing, but that's your initial interpretation and you realize you're not reading the intent correctly if going off of your own preferences ? (i.e. 'not hearing the message correctly').

When I read this post of yours, I end up thinking you think a characteristic of Fe-doms is to try to change people, and that this element of changing people is something you then build into your concept of what Fe is or Fe-dom is, and then if you see it again you attribute it to them being Fe or Fe-dom, even if this behavior of trying to change people has nothing to do with Fe/Fe-dom and ESTJ's (or other types) are just as liable. Or it might be someone who is narcissistic (or another character trait) who projects onto everyone else - who could be any type.

Does that make sense? I'm just explaining what I think when I read that. And you can correct me (obviously!) if you're totally meaning something else.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ