Thread: Dear Fe User,

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *sigh* why is it so rare that I can wander into a thread on types and not find my own type maligned? Really people... it's not that simple :rolli:

I work my ass off every day helping out other people with their problems... I fix things for people- not because I have to, not because society tells me to, but because it's the nice thing to do... I do too fucking much in the way of being helpful to be called the root of all evil

I have no beef with Fi users in real life... one's snoring on the other end of the couch from me at the moment for goodness sake! This forum can have the weirdest polarizing effect EVER at times
    I guess it started out as an emotionally driven rant of sorts but don't think there is an intent to malign any type. It is more about discussing differences. By recognizing and confronting differences, don't we come to better understanding amongst each other? Isn't that what type is all about? It seems like most of the discussion has been in the search of mutual understanding of those differences. I'm not sure how that is polarizing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I guess it started out as an emotionally driven rant of sorts but don't think there is an intent to malign any type. It is more about discussing differences. By recognizing and confronting differences, don't we come to better understanding amongst each other? Isn't that what type is all about? It seems like most of the discussion has been in the search of mutual understanding of those differences. I'm not sure how that is polarizing.
    Just think of the "frankenstein" a INTJ mad scientist and a INFJ social chess player could create. It would be like the evil iRobots or something.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

gee... I must have clicked in on the wrong few pages then

I can think of a zillion more fun things to bitch about than basic building blocks of personalities... like inept customer service reps... or heating costs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    gee... I must have clicked in on the wrong few pages then

I can think of a zillion more fun things to bitch about than basic building blocks of personalities... like inept customer service reps... or heating costs
    I blame Fi for inept customer service reps and Te for heating costs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Just think of the "frankenstein" a INTJ mad scientist and a INFJ social chess player could create. It would be like the evil iRobots or something.
    I must admit, the thought does have appeal

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    STP

I must admit, the thought does have appeal
    Sorry, the INFJ wouldnt allow it. Sucks to have Fe sometimes
    Im out, its been fun

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Sorry, the INFJ wouldnt allow it. Sucks to have Fe sometimes
    Pfft shows how much you know. Hitler may have been INFJ. Either that or ENFJ.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I agree that recognizing and confronting differences, and bridging that communication gap, is important and is also the main reason for mbti being useful in providing a framework for those differences.

I think what happens though, when trying to turn it into more than it is (i.e. using it to account for every difference between people), is the misapplication of functions. I think this is the main divide when it comes to these sorts of discussions. There are those who *appear* (note I'm saying 'appear', it might not in fact be what they're doing or proposing) to want to apply functions to every single human behavior as well as use them to explain all of the differences/communication gaps. Then there are those who argue against this - want to remove functions from the explanation of ALL differences, etc, and tend to see functions as somewhat limiting when it comes to explaining differences - at least, in real-world applications. I definitely see myself more in the second group.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I blame Fi for inept customer service reps and Te for heating costs.
    I blame supply and demand.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Pfft shows how much you know. Hitler may have been INFJ. Either that or ENFJ.
    I have no clue what he was...from a purely logical point of view...it was a huge waste of labor. No logic, he had to be F
    Im out, its been fun