First 123

Thread: Libido and MBTI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What we crave is what they crave, but should they crave what I crave?
    Libido is the sure root to all of this!!!!
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand what you're trying to say. It reads like a lesbian relationship between a teenager and a middle aged woman. I'm I wrong?
    You lived way too long in Frisco. Everything isn't lesbian, and everything isn't about you. Now, back to Victor's post. This is in the wrong section. Someone move this to Sexuality. He only gave a vague reference to the MBTI/Typology/Pscyhology at the end. This is all about him craving a Mrs. Robinson experience as a child.

Question Is this what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Well, okay, I'll give it a go. I don't think MBTI was created with any such sinister purpose. The "two middle aged women," I think, were just on a quest to better understand themselves and others. It's a quest we all follow to some extent. It may be true that MBTI is more suited for the American mindset, since it was created by Americans. It probably does have a bit of a cultural bias. But clearly many people from other countries find it relevant, and useful for their quests, and if it resonates with someone, who's to say that resonance is misplaced? I think most of us know it's not the be-all-and-end-all - it's a tool. But not a tool for world domination or sexual repression or indoctrination. It's a tool that can help us understand ourselves, if we feel it is relevant.
    If I understand you, you are saying that MBTI is wholesome, and that Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers were on a quest to understand themselves and others. And that many are on such a quest.

And you go on to say that MBTI is a tool for understanding, which is relevant to many in other countries who are on the same quest.

Is this what you are saying?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

*Zarathustra waits to see if Victor is really going to try and spring a mindless, see-through trap based on his "clarification" of Aquarelle's message and some insipid linguistic sophistry, or whether he will more maturely consider Aquarelle's message, which was extremely easy to understand, and really required no further "clarification"*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If I understand you, you are saying that MBTI is wholesome, and that Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers were on a quest to understand themselves and others. And that many are on such a quest.

And you go on to say that MBTI is a tool for understanding, which is relevant to many in other countries who are on the same quest.

Is this what you are saying?
    Well, I don't know if I would say "wholesome"... not that it's the opposite of wholesome either, the word just doesn't seem to fit. I would say it is... innocuous.

For the rest, your paraphrase is accurate, but I will make one clarification: I do acknowledge that MBTI most likely contains some cultural bias, but I think it is still relevant for people in other countries if those people find it useful/relevant . That holds true in the US as well - not everyone in the US finds the MBTI useful or appplicable to their lives, and that is fine.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Ginkgo

I've noticed that it's often difficult to have clear, concise conversations with people who insist on "reading" in-between the lines. Not to say that reading in-between the lines is entirely shameful; it's just that it can be excessive when misguided.

Smile How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Well, I don't know if I would say "wholesome"... not that it's the opposite of wholesome either, the word just doesn't seem to fit. I would say it is... innocuous.

For the rest, your paraphrase is accurate, but I will make one clarification: I do acknowledge that MBTI most likely contains some cultural bias, but I think it is still relevant for people in other countries if those people find it useful/relevant . That holds true in the US as well - not everyone in the US finds the MBTI useful or appplicable to their lives, and that is fine.
    So you wouldn't say 'wholesome' rather you would say 'innocuous'.

And you would say the rest is accurate except that some find it useful and some don't and that is fine.

How's that?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That sounds about right.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't think that we can assume that non-family affection is always sexual, if that's what you mean.

Smile The survival instinct

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I don't think that we can assume that non-family affection is always sexual, if that's what you mean.
    Yes, I think libido is deeper than sexual. I think libido includes many things as well as the sexual.

Perhaps it's as though the libido is driving force of the species to reproduce itself in many ways including the sexual.

So we might say the libido is the survival instinct of the species.