User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Determine what your 'code' is. What things do you believe which are non-negotiable based on circumstances? For instance, do you believe that all people are inherently equal? Do you believe that certain actions are always good, and should therefore be pursued? Do you believe that dominance via violence is wrong? Etc.. Those things are your values, the things you are willing to suffer for.
    Also, be aware that when you are using logic, there are values in the background. Think about it: if you have two people, or equal intelligence, one Republican, the other Democrat, they will come to radically different conclusions regarding the same issue. Why? Because their presuppositions are different. Those presuppositions are their values. Anytime you consider something having to do with people, you are using values behind your logic. Anytime you need to interpret anything, you are using values.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

ISTJ's have people reading skills? Then why are they so mean all the time?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    they just stick to cold logic, rather than warm feelings.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    IxTJ types tend to seem "mean" on the outside but have a soft squishy inside if you pay attention, like a Cadbury creme egg.

I find ISTJs to be more boring than mean, usually. There are mean ones, of course, the ones who are less comfortable with feelings in general, or I should say, they have mean moments.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I find ISTJs to be more boring than mean, usually..
    Yeah, I wish they'd chill out with the "good citizen" thing once in a while and just do nothing. Or, even better: dare to dream a little.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Determine what your 'code' is. What things do you believe which are non-negotiable based on circumstances? For instance, do you believe that all people are inherently equal? Do you believe that certain actions are always good, and should therefore be pursued? Do you believe that dominance via violence is wrong? Etc.. Those things are your values, the things you are willing to suffer for.
    I must have extremely weak Fi. Since I believe that there are very few non-negotiable circumstances. (Well there are exceptions, many exceptions), but for me most situations are negotiable.

For example, when someone does something that is somewhat intolerable one of the 1st things I think about is, WHY DID HE/SHE DO....?

So at the end of tunnel I would still hold the actions wrong but I would try to come to terms with it. (Since reason is what I always search for.) 'There is always a reason for that person to act that way'. Get the picture/philosophy in my head?

But no, I am not a person who looks for these reasons to forgive the culprit. It is just reason I look for. And I always do find reason (though do not justify it). Just UNDERSTANDS it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    To put it in different words -
    the thinking pattern of a Fi user. or
    Ti users go after the facts, what do Fi users go after?
    Same thing.

It's not that the facts change, it's the connections that are made among the facts and the way the facts that are prioritized that are changed, based on T vs F valuesets.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Become more in tune with your inner ethics. What do you identify as right or wrong aside from what is purely observable? What is your moral philosophy?
    Where do I start? I mean I really haven't thought about this at all.

more in tune with what is genuine. When you talk to people, pay attention to your gut when you feel they are not being 'real', or when they are being questionable. How does another person's words and actions correlate with your own (or how you would voice/act on your own)? Can you tell when someone is being authentic? Take subtle cues and combine them with an inner value/moral compass.
    Oh I just love that sentence. That helped me grasp Fi quite a lot.

----

But the question remains, where do I start or how do I start to figure out my moral philosophy?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

But the question remains, where do I start or how do I start to figure out my moral philosophy?
    hmm... i don't know... i suppose we could pose some questions for you as a jumping off point?

for my own sake, i wanted to look up Fi specifically before doing this:
    It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
    i also found this interesting:
    http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exe...verted_Feeling

mmk... value and moral questions...

Do all humans deserve our compassion and understanding? Each human being ultimately strives to be happy. For some, this means robbing the 7/11 to be able to afford the essentials they cannot buy on their own. For others, this means working diligently and being goal oriented. And yet for others, this means fame or popularity or partying or shopping sprees. And still yet for others, it means cramming their nose into a book. Each person seeks happiness in different routes, and we aren't always perfect and we aren't always right in how we seek it. But should each human being be allotted that room for error and be deserving of our compassion and understanding outside of these factors??
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Where do I start? I mean I really haven't thought about this at all.

Oh I just love that sentence. That helped me grasp Fi quite a lot.

----

Do you think Afghanistan deserves to be attacked? Yes or No?

Do you feel sorry for Chechens and think they deserve their own country?

What about Spanish? Are you American? Is it cool that Spanish speaking people have all these TV shows now and that everything is in their language? Are you angry, or are you happy that our country is becoming more bilingual?

What's your favorite color?

What does the song "Wind of Change" by the Scorpions make you feel? [YOUTUBE="n4RjJKxsamQ"]Please watch video closely in entirety before answering.[/YOUTUBE]

Did you cry when you broke up with your first girlfriend?

Don't you hate it when people talk down to you? Why or why not?

Doesn't ajblaise piss you right off?

If your answer to one of more of these questions is "I don't know" you need to have a serious conversation with yourself as to why the hell you don't care, and if you don't care, you should write us an essay explaining exactly why.

That's how you develop Fi.