User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Some of the stuff mentioned here I can identify with. You guys make me question whether I'm Fi (again). I just break my own limits at times. So much is conditional, and I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to T or Percieving. I don't think I have core values, other than basic humanitarian concerns.
    Au contraire, conditionality is the heart of Fi. Thinkers are more concerned with hard and fast rules and the same goes for personal values. Making decisions on what feels right in the situation this is very much a Fi process. What you may be thinking of is the Ne factor: when Ne is in the picture you get more of a need to find Fi style 'rules', because of the desire to discover patterns and trends and apply them in their thinking.

I think ISFPs' Fi manifests in a more 'live and let live' approach - and it seems a lot less offends them in general. More things bother INFPs and we are more reactionary in our Fi - we have a stronger desire to improve or alter things we see as wrong.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i'm interested in how Fi types process information and form new judgments. do they happen in the moment? is it a sequential reasoning process leading you to a conclusion? when do you know? what are the conditions of knowing? does it stay with you? do you always remember those moments of knowing? are those judgments tagged so that you can get back to them in vivid detail? how do you stir them and retrieve them?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Ha. I have Fi and Ti.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i'm interested in how Fi types process information and form new judgments. do they happen in the moment? is it a sequential reasoning process leading you to a conclusion? when do you know? what are the conditions of knowing? does it stay with you? do you always remember those moments of knowing? are those judgments tagged so that you can get back to them in vivid detail? how do you stir them and retrieve them?
    For me it's kind of a two-stage process. When I'm given a new piece of fact or knowledge, the first thing is to assess it's importance. Do you I need to know this? Is this useful to me?
    The second stage would be the judgement part where it will fall in a scale ranging from 100% support to 100% against. I usually have a strong initial gut-feel about the issue. If necessary, I will get as much info as I can to learn more. You start with a strong but rough idea and then slowly polish it with supporting arguments.

Where are they stored? Usually in some sort of ROM I guess so it doesn't get overwritten But then I'm INFP so Si is supposedly my main storage/retrieval method.

Usually they won't be set in stone and I do flip-flop regularly on stuff. Although there are things that will truly disgust me and things that I would love beyond all logical explanation.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fi probably goes something like this:

1. What is this thought/theory/concept?
    2. Do I consider this "good" or "bad"?
    3. How does the rest of the world feel about this?
    4. To what extent is there an inbalance in how I feel and how the world feels?
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Some of the stuff mentioned here I can identify with. You guys make me question whether I'm Fi (again). I just break my own limits at times. So much is conditional, and I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to T or Percieving. I don't think I have core values, other than basic humanitarian concerns.
    I don't think I have ever gone through and specifically listed out all of my 'core values', it's more underlying, unspoken almost. And a lot of it is looking at each situation as it comes up and reacting to it almost on a case-by-case basis.

Still, probably trying to understand those values is a good way to develop ones Fi.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Riva

Went through all the posts. It seems it is more about understanding your own values rather than observing and analyzing. I am a Ti user. I observe and analyze. But my analysis are based on facts. If I have all the facts I could some to the correct conclusion. But it I miss a fact or two my theories become bogus.

Interesting. I must be having weak Fi, since I just realized that I am not so much in touch with my own values. But I could imagine a scenario in which if one has and knows his/her own values one could see and understand people around them.

Fascinating.

Riva

^ Understanding one's own values could be a bit hard for a strong Fe user. (Or to someone who depends heavily on Fe.) Fe reciprocates feelings around them. Including understanding values of people around them?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^ Understanding one's own values could be a bit hard for a strong Fe user. (Or to someone who depends heavily on Fe.) Fe reciprocates feelings around them. Including understanding values of people around them?
    and this is where me (Fi/Se) and my sister (Fe/Si) will often clash. she often has a difficult time understanding my values and ideals.

well, being a P vs. a J, the core values are also often malleable. it's more so a constant process of evaluating vs. a fixed core. some ideas may become fixed for a period, but once new information is shifted through the value system, the idea may shift along with it as well.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Interesting. I must be having weak Fi, since I just realized that I am not so much in touch with my own values. But I could imagine a scenario in which if one has and knows his/her own values one could see and understand people around them.
    Understanding these people is one thing, while accepting them is another. I'm not sure if well-developed Fi means you would accept everyone "for who they are" but I shall admit that this situation seldom occurs. I feel I am quite adept at being able to ascertain others' values (because I understand my own and can therefore identify values in a general way); however, it does not mean I always accept a person whose opinions/values differ from my point of view. At worst, I will think:

This person values things that are totally opposite to what I care about. Nothing productive will come of a relationship with such a person. They're entitled to their own opinions, but i just feel uncomfortable being around someone who believes such things. The best way for me to maintain my solitude and integrity is not to associate with this person any further than a basic pleasantry from time-to-time.

I'd enjoy it if someone who is more well0versed with Function Theory could elaborate/clarify this issue...
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.