User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I still dont understand what such statistics are good for except than advancing your self-made depression, fueling your religious plot of doom or for your plans on creating the Übermensch.
    LOL. I guess I just wanted to know what I was dealing with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I still dont understand what such statistics are good for except than advancing your self-made depression, fueling your religious plot of doom or for your plans on creating the Übermensch.
    the kwisatz haderach will come from the union of an INTJ male and ENFJ female

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Heresy!

But they're not a lot of good without a sense of how the stats are bounded (i.e., the demographics surveyed).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Hehe.

I thought Jessica is an INFJ, though.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    *giggles*

Most of the stats likely derive form the MBTI manual in which collections of hundreds of different studies-most with small or questionably controlled sample sizes can be found. The stats about type may be based on years and years of compiled CAP data on MBTI test results. The down side is that about only 70% of folks retake the test and get the same result-likely due to many of the issues we discuss here with respect to alternate ways of using functions and functional maturity. So you assume at least 30% of the data in each of these studies is questionable.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm rather suspicious of any MBTI statistics that puts INFPs above 1-2% of the population. I feel like I've barely come across another INFP in my entire life let alone on a regular basis. I wonder what their methodology was because INFPs' intense interest in MBTI could easily sway it.

And there's more introverts than extroverts? Come on, really? I'm also very surprised at the gap between feelers and thinkers - not that I necessarily question it. But then maybe its just that Es and Ts have a louder voice in society and seem more prevalent than they really are

I'm rather shocked at Fi being 30%, not to mention the same as Fe - and I'm not sure what to make of it. I'd like to know what the distribution of the functions is like beyond simply the dominant/aux (which I assume is what is being measured).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And there's more introverts than extroverts? Come on, really?
    Have you heard the phenomenon that people overestimate the number of extroverts in their environment? The extroverts are the ones you hear, so you automatically think there are a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross
    I'm rather shocked at Fi being 30%, not to mention the same as Fe - and I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Well, I think the Fe difference is that there are a lot of SFJs but hardly any NFJs. Plus, there are many SFPs. And, people say that there's no way there's twice as many ENFPs as ESTPs, so that could be an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross
    I'd like to know what the distribution of the functions is like beyond simply the dominant/aux (which I assume is what is being measured).
    More fun for me!

Si-doms: 25.5%
    Fe-doms: 14.5%
    Fi-doms: 13.5%
    Se-doms: 12.5%
    Ne-doms: 11%
    Te-doms: 11%
    Ti-doms: 8.5%
    Ni-doms: 3.5%

The percentages are so close that the only thing you can really conclude is that Si-doms are the most and Ni-doms are the least.

Si-auxes: 21%
    Fi-auxes: 16.5%
    Fe-auxes: 15.5%
    Se-auxes: 14.5%
    Te-auxes: 13.5%
    Ne-auxes: 7.5%
    Ti-auxes: 7%
    Ni-auxes: 4.5%

It's close here, as well, so you could say Si-auxes are the most, Ne and Ti-auxes are the second least, and Ni-auxes are the least.

Te/Fi: 54.5%
    Fe/Ti: 45.5%

About half and half.

Ne/Si: 65%
    Se/Ni: 35%

Since there's so much Si, there's an obvious preferences for Si/Ne.

Does that help or was that not what you were looking for?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

^ Wow thanks! That's fascinating.

It makes me wonder why evolution doesn't love Ni or Ti. You can understand why Si is so central because its based on past experience and known information; knowing what works and what doesn't, is clearly valuable for the social and technical development of mankind - both on primitive and complex levels. But why are Ni and Ti considered less useful and therefore less prevalent? I'm actually surprised there is such a spread between the most common to least common functions - you'd think evolution would find relative value in all of functions. I mean, look at Fi - its so high on the list and its not exactly the most practical function out there.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

When I looked at people from my school FPs seemed heavily represented. The most common types were ISTJ, ENFP, and ISFP. This was a small sample of just those at my school but it does match with those types being as common as the statistic states.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    When I looked at people from my school FPs seemed heavily represented. The most common types were ISTJ, ENFP, and ISFP. This was a small sample of just those at my school but it does match with those types being as common as the statistic states.
    Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of people on these forums say they know a "disproportionate" amount of ENFPs?