• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P vs J - Wearing a Wrist Watch

Do you usually wear a watch?

• Total voters

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Do you regularly wear a watch? Why (not)?
2. Are you a P or J? Better yet, if known, what's your whole type?

-------- My answers --------

1. Yes. No need to dig out my phone, and I hate being late.
2. <--- Already listed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no i don't...my phone has the time...and...i don't really find that i check it that often anyway..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do not wear a watch- I don't wear bracelets either- I hate to have things around my wrists :laugh:

I use my cell phone as a watch :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I have a watch that I bought specifically for jogging so I could time how long I've run/walked. I also wear it when I go anywhere so I can check public transportation schedules and so I won't be late for appointments.

I'm a Keirsey INFJ, and lots of people think eNFP with strong Te by function theory (which also gives me J-ish behavior, either way.)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I wear a watch. I feel naked without one, and it's a pain to dig out my cell to see the time. My wrist is RIGHT THERE.

I'm a P. I like knowing the time, but knowing the time doesn't mean I'm good at gauging it or being on time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not wear a watch- I don't wear bracelets either- I hate to have things around my wrists :laugh:

I use my cell phone as a watch :)

that's right...100% p babay!! :hifive:

KDude

If it looks cool. Actually looking at it isn't much of a priority.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I go through phases of wearing or not wearing a watch, so i'll either go aaaages without wearing one, or i'll wear one all the time.

I need to wear one for a particular job, but that is actually a watch as a necklace rather than on my wrist. I also have a watch that i use combined with a heart rate monitor when swim/run so i know my timings, rate, etc.

Sometimes, even if i'm wearing a watch i'll still look at my phone for the time.... :doh:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rarely. I find wristwatches to be uncomfortable. I'm pretty good at gauging the approximate time without a watch. If I want to check the time, I can always rely on my cell phone or ask someone.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Rolex_Submariner.jpg

I can go nowhere without it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to wear one all the time, but it died and also got gross (fabric band). Replacements have proved unsatisfactory so far - too distracting.

I'd prefer to wear a watch if I could find a comfortable one, which probably won't happen. I've adjusted to not having one. My ipod has a clock anyway, and I nearly always have it with me.

Chloe

I probably wouldnt even know what time it is if I dont live with 2 Js who "take care" of clocks in the house.

Chloe

but i think this is more a matter of habit. I miss watch very often, just forget to wear it.

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Well....

1. My smartphone has clock functionality though I tend to see plenty of clocks around me regularly, thus I don't wear a watch. Even when I was younger, I rarely wore a watch and often got a rash from them the few that I did try.

2. INTJ as listed.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No watch. Cheap metal watches make my skin react badly, leather gives me a rash if my wrist can't breathe. I don't want to spend enough money to see if titanium or gold agrees with me. Being P probably doesn't have anything to do with it, I'm always on time or 5 minutes early.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Meh phones a watch. I don't really plan things so time isn't a major issue. School and work our of course scheduled, but I forgot when I go into work sometimes and school is always consistent so I can't really forget that. Otherwise I just go with it. Howeva I always feel the pressure of running out of time, or not having enough time, but that is unavoidable. Or avoidable by just filling the time with actual events and not waiting, which I try to do when I get bored and I don't think it will interrupt any scheduled event.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel weird if I'm not wearing a watch. It's an essential.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I wear a watch everywhere but the shower, even though it is waterproof. I have it set fast as well. Being late panics me a bit, well, if it's important, it does. I use my watch for its intended use, and I also think of it as my prop for when I am a bit uncomfortable.