• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P vs J - Wearing a Wrist Watch

Do you usually wear a watch?

• Total voters

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never wear a watch- I find it annoying to have it on my wrist. I'm J out the A. :yes:

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd be more interested in age and wearing a wristwatch. It doesn't seem that many people my age or younger wear watches and use their phone instead.

22 - I always wear a watch.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. No.

I consider watches nowadays to be fashion accessories rather than as timepieces, now that we've all got cell phones. So I'd wear one for the design, if I liked it, but I don't really need the functionality. I wear bracelets too, which watches work as if you're just going with aesthetics.

2. P

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
My watch died.
sigh.
I wear a watch on my left wrist and a bracelet on my right wrist.
That's the best way for me to tell left from right.
Otherwise I am clueless.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Haven't worn one in years. The last one I had died and I never got around to replacing it or the battery. Besides, like people here have said there are timepieces everywhere.

A

A window to the soul

It's not exactly exciting shopping in holiday crowds. Standing in lines I start fidgeting with my phone, twirling the ring on my finger, and every now and then I'll give a glance down at my wrist watch, pretending to look at the time.

I don't really care what time it is.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't quite understand the "I just use my cell" thing, across the board. I love my smartphone, but sometimes it's in my purse, or even in another room. I mean, if you're using it as a watch, do you just hold it in your hand 24/7?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't quite understand the "I just use my cell" thing, across the board. I love my smartphone, but sometimes it's in my purse, or even in another room. I mean, if you're using it as a watch, do you just hold it in your hand 24/7?

Just why do you need to know the time so often and immediately? I smell a J!

;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Just why do you need to know the time so often and immediately? I smell a J!

;)

:smile: It's more like sometimes I just need to know the time so that people don't get mad at me and I don't miss important stuff. And when I do need to know the time, it's a pain to have to locate and light up my cellphone screen. And my INTP laziness prevents me from going out of my way to find it out. So there.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:smile: It's more like sometimes I just need to know the time so that people don't get mad at me and I don't miss important stuff. And when I do need to know the time, it's a pain to have to locate and light up my cellphone screen. And my INTP laziness prevents me from going out of my way to find it out. So there.

A real INTP would learn to avoid such obligations! :jofticon_1:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
A real INTP would learn to avoid such obligations! :jofticon_1:

Yeah, but I haven't been able to turn avoiding obligations into a paying job yet. Despite the fact that I'm really, really good at it. And I don't want to be homeless. Suggestions?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but I haven't been able to turn avoiding obligations into a paying job yet. Despite the fact that I'm really, really good at it. And I don't want to be homeless. Suggestions?

I manage to work without a watch! And I have to bill by the minute too...

I say you should become a musician. Those people are notoriously unreliable. :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1. Yes. I have a few watches so it depends on what I'm wearing. I have a cell phone but I'm not going in my bag when I just want to know the time. They are all set between 3 and 5 minutes fast too.
2. J

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. The battery ran out of mine about 8 years ago and I was too lazy and stingy to get a new one. :blush:

I really want to get a new watch then I can stop harassing people constantly asking what the time is.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I never used to, then my mother got me one that I started wearing, and I go crazy with out it, its so much easier than digging my cellphone out of my purse.

Sometimes, I'll forget to put it on, and lift my wrist to look at the time, I end up looking stupid and understandably frustrated :D

I try to wear one when ever I go out. I might need to get a leather one because during winter, it gets too cold to wear metal/plastic.

Sunny Ghost

If it looks cool. Actually looking at it isn't much of a priority.

haha. ditto.

not much of a watch wearer. i prefer pretty bracelets. but every once in a while i might find a stylish watch i might like to wear.

<--ISFP here.

however, back in my cross country running days, i used to wear a watch to keep up with how long i ran for. not to mention, keep me on track of when i should return. otherwise, i might get carried away like forrest gump and keeeeeep on ruuuuunnnin'.

Sunny Ghost

seems like watch wearing would be a Si dominant characteristic. not so necessary on all Ni types.

i have an INFP friend and an INFJ friend. of the two types, you might think the INFJ is more punctual, neat, clean, organized, etc. however... the INFJ friend is always and known for being a minimum of 30 minutes late. her place is always a wreck. and she doesn't really plan things out. she's a bit more impulsive and spontaneous.

the INFP friend, however, with tertiary Si, is always timely, and loves to organize his plans. he hates spontaneity.

gromit

likes this
I used to try to wear a watch in high school, because I was perpetually late. I don't try to wear them anymore.