User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default Fluffy Ts and Cold Fs

Why do people seem to think that Ts are supposed to be all serious and such all of the time? And that Fs should be nice to everyone all of the time?

Thinkers who appear fluffy and bubbly around here get accused of being Feelers all of the time! And I can think of at least one sarcastic F who has been called a Thinker. Why?!? Can't a Thinker act cheery without someone suspecting that they aren't a thinker after all? or vice versa? :steam:

Please- somebody explain this to me- it's seriously annoying!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Can't a Thinker act cheery without someone suspecting that they aren't a thinker after all? or vice versa? :steam:
    Never, it's against the law. Thinkers who are warm and cheery are traitors to their people!

Oh, and besides, you have Fe as your tertiary! This could theoretically make the ExTP more fluffy and friendly and the ExFP (whose tertiary is Te) more sadistic and controlling!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Stereotyping, primarily. It's related to the tendencies of extreme types.

Thinking types are usually logical in their behavior (especially dominant T's), and often behaving nicely or personally doesn't seem logical to them, so they don't feel as much incentive to do so. If they've developed their F, they may well do such things. Unbalanced T's are very cold, critical, and disagreeable, and unbalanced F's are very ditsy, anthropomorphizing, and subjective in their behavior.

It's also more likely that T's will be more comfortable behaving impersonally, and that F's will be more comfortable behaving personally. People tend change the tendency into an absolute in their mind due to processing limitations (I've done this myself, so I know).

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm an F who likes to think she's a cunt.

Also, all people have emotions, and all (some) people think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

it is annoying! i remember one instance where a member told me that i seemed like more of an ISTP. i was like

it also bothers me a little when people post stuff like "my friend says he is an INTP, BUT HE IS TOTALLY NOT"

no one knows you better than you know yourself! it's rude to question someone's type IMO.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno... I don't think of it as a T/F thing... I tend to associate 'maximum bubbliness' with EP-ness, to varying degrees.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    it is annoying! i remember one instance where a member told me that i seemed like more of an ISTP. i was like

it also bothers me a little when people post stuff like "my friend says he is an INTP, BUT HE IS TOTALLY NOT"

no one knows you better than you know yourself! it's rude to question someone's type IMO.
    While I've never had that happen to me, I can see why that pisses you off. People can't seem to differentiate a person's observable behavior from what's going on in their minds. The person's mindset is not the same as their behavior. To me, the former method of typing people is S while the latter method is more N.

I think it's foolish of people to think they know others just because of the way they talk and behave. What matters is what's going on in the inside. And that's the whole reason why the MBTI is unique as a self-actualization tool. (The FFM seems to take a more sociological perspective.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Not necessarily. People can mistype themselves. It is rude to bring it to their attention (especially publicly) if they don't wish it, but it isn't rude to doubt someone's type or discuss inconsistencies in their behavior with someone else. It may lead you to realize the error they made in typing themselves, which can happen, and thus not allow that error on their part to bias your reading of people's types in future.

You are correct that it's rude to tell someone that they aren't or can't be the type they claim to be, but I don't agree that it's rude to question, especially if the questioning is done internally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Not necessarily. People can mistype themselves. It is rude to bring it to their attention (especially publicly) if they don't wish it, but it isn't rude to doubt someone's type or discuss inconsistencies in their behavior with someone else. It may lead you to realize the error they made in typing themselves, which can happen, and thus not allow that error on their part to bias your reading of people's types in future.

You are correct that it's rude to tell someone that they aren't or can't be the type they claim to be, but I don't agree that it's rude to question, especially if the questioning is done internally.
    i did mean to say that it is rude to question it outloud. I do agree that some people might mistype themselves, but people need to figure that out for themselves.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    While I've never had that happen to me, I can see why that pisses you off.
    Correction, people at the Enneagram Institute boards seem to type everyone (including myself) as Enneagram 6, for some reason.