User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 97

  1. #31
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah I think it's deceptive with ENTP's... many of them anyway and certainly me. What comes over as Feeling-ness is really intellectual enthusiasm and adaptive Ne reflecting back at the other person, giving them what they want. Often with me, though I can seem very animated and warm and stuff, but in reality I've very little attachment deep down. It's intellectual excitement, rather than emotional warmth, that's really being displayed most of the time when I get called "warm" or friendly.
    The Ne curiosity is taken for empathy, and passion is mistaken for sentiment a lot. The appearance of fluff is simply because of that constant hopping from one topic to the next and seemingly irrelevant tangents which the Ne builds connections to. The cheeriness helps you get your way too . I'd guess Se gives off the same effect, but more rooted in e.g. earthly humour (vs wordplay), enjoyment of food/drink and company etc.

    Fe could appear warmer. With Fi, I'm not always certain they're warm vs cold. Or more precisely, they're guarded whom they share their emotions with and are constantly measuring you up vs accepting/exploring and genuinely empathising. This leads to flip-flops in their behaviour and a sort of "it's warm!" then "it's cold now " feel sometimes....

  2. #32
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Oh, I forgot to mention. Feeling types can be way more mean than thinking types. Some of the meanest people I've known preffered feeling.

  3. #33
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    FWIW, whatever warmth I exude irl with strangers is something I totally had to consciously cultivate. I don't really have to work at it much now, but I think sometimes I'm still a bit hit and miss.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  4. #34
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    I'm always amused when someone accuses me of being an ESFP because I almost NEVER use Fi I had to teach myself to use Fe even You'll never catch me actually evaluating something based on what I FEEL about it! any emotions you see on here are just from my tendancy to pretend emotions in real life :sad: My inner emotional life is so dead usually that I kind of feel like I'm acting my life! *looks at the ground*

    what you guys see as feeling from me is merely learned behavior that's why it always amuses me so much!

    I think that like Sub said before bubbliness is related to ExxP and as Uber suggested it can definitly be related to Fe You get the exhuberance with ExxPs that you really don't get with other types, and if combined with the social niceness of Fe, you get someone who appears rather bubbly!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #35
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm always amused when someone accuses me of being an ESFP because I almost NEVER use Fi I had to teach myself to use Fe even You'll never catch me actually evaluating something based on what I FEEL about it! any emotions you see on here are just from my tendancy to pretend emotions in real life :sad: My inner emotional life is so dead usually that I kind of feel like I'm acting my life! *looks at the ground*

    what you guys see as feeling from me is merely learned behavior that's why it always amuses me so much!

    I think that like Sub said before bubbliness is related to ExxP and as Uber suggested it can definitly be related to Fe You get the exhuberance with ExxPs that you really don't get with other types, and if combined with the social niceness of Fe, you get someone who appears rather bubbly!
    Ergo, the blackhole option in polls: I'm a fluffy little cloud, nothing can hurt me.

  6. #36
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    For what it's worth I am often accused of being distant and reserved.

  7. #37
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I think that most INTJs, when forced, can use Ni coupled with Te to emulate very believable emotions, based on what we observe, and then deem to be the appropriate emotion for the specific situation. If it benefits us, we can appear very emotional. I, however, usually do not feel the need to exert such effort into synthesizing emotions.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  8. #38
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I think that most INTJs, when forced, can use Ni coupled with Te to emulate very believable emotions, based on what we observe, and then deem to be the appropriate emotion for the specific situation. If it benefits us, we can appear very emotional. I, however, usually do not feel the need to exert such effort into synthesizing emotions.
    Curious... Would that mean that INTJs do not feel emotions as easily, or do not feel emotions at all? Meaning, is all sentiment from one based on thought mainly, vs heart.

  9. #39
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Curious... Would that mean that INTJs do not feel emotions as easily, or do not feel emotions at all? Meaning, is all sentiment from one based on thought mainly, vs heart.
    I mean that emotions of INTJs are not felt on such a level that most other types (Excluding INTPs) feel on a regular basis. So, in a situation where we need to assimilate, we often have to emulate such emotions. INTJs are very emotional, but only on the very few cases that we deem it appropriate.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  10. #40
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I mean that emotions of INTJs are not felt on such a level that most other types (Excluding INTPs) feel on a regular basis. So, in a situation where we need to assimilate, we often have to emulate such emotions. INTJs are very emotional, but only on the very few cases that we deem it appropriate.
    * That's what I was getting at - the T's tend to filter if emotion is appropriate first, before showing any. I think the Fs feel it first, then process to show it or not. Perhaps this is why we feel a bit of a fraud or a need to synthesize it to fit in sometimes... hence the appearance of coldness - just throwing this out for discussion.

Similar Threads

  1. Ts and Fs and being offended
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
  2. What do Ts get from Fs in a relationship?
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 01:59 AM
  3. [NT] NTs Blowing Hot and Cold??
    By seeker22 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 12:56 AM
  4. Fluffy Fs and Cold Ts
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO