Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I wear my Fur coat now and again.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ...Why?!? Can't a Thinker act cheery without someone suspecting that they aren't a thinker after all? or vice versa? :steam:
    It's only the childish, immature people who do that.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I dunno... I don't think of it as a T/F thing... I tend to associate 'maximum bubbliness' with EP-ness, to varying degrees.
    I used to tell my best ENTP friend he was a closet F. He's on the line for E/I, but definitely P. He seems more bubbly than fluffy, but warm and friendly for sure.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... the thinkers I know are cheery.. they can laugh at themselves.. they break the law.. they're funny as hell... there is no correlation between thinking and not being able to let loose.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hmm... the thinkers I know are cheery.. they can laugh at themselves.. they break the law.. they're funny as hell... there is no correlation between thinking and not being able to let loose.
    Theoretically, that correlation is with J.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    I used to tell my best ENTP friend he was a closet F. He's on the line for E/I, but definitely P. He seems more bubbly than fluffy, but warm and friendly for sure.
    That is typical for male ENTPs. The ones I know show that. Their tertiary is Fe. Because of that, they can also be very very affectionate in a "Feeling" sort of way... but that's not their primary way of sorting through things.

With ENTPs, you see their Ne and their Fe... you don't get to see the innards that easily.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

When I think about how cold and mean and angry I used to be, it's scary.

But my history teacher wrote in my yearbook that I brought "sunshine" to his class with my smile. Go figure.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm always shocked by how many people register me as a "warm, if quiet, presence". Apparently I tend to radiate this placid center as a ground-state, when really it's mostly just me retreating inside and letting everything stay at rest. As well, doing work in "touchy-feely" non-profits usually gets one pegged as a big ole F, usually landing me on the INFP square. Gotta say, just for a day, that could be fun to wear for a little.

Just for a day, though. Then I'd want to pour gasoline over my head and make Buddhist shish kebabs.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I dunno... I don't think of it as a T/F thing... I tend to associate 'maximum bubbliness' with EP-ness, to varying degrees.
    I agree with that... A ENTP friend of mine can turn very... crazily cheerful for the lack of better words.

And the opposite is IJ... I can be very cold at times.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i did mean to say that it is rude to question it outloud. I do agree that some people might mistype themselves, but people need to figure that out for themselves.
    I agree with you. I think it's an overstep of boundaries for people to start telling you what type you are.

I do personally value insight others can offer to my process by sharing how they see me from the outside, but I think it should always be understood by everyone that the only perspective someone outside of yourself can offer is an outside perspective. The only one who knows your internal world is yourself. Those external at best can only get shadow impressions of that internal world.

To impose a judgement of type any more forcefully than an offering of external observational insight to me is a violation of personal boundary and humility.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin