123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Let's Redefine Some Awful Descriptions!

I like similarminds.com, it's simple, unassuming, and has lots of tests and profiles and what-not. Bad thing is, the type profiles (despite being the one word description kinds that I love) are innacurate and biased. So I thought, why not work with the members of typeC to build better descriptions! *takes out the Te hammer and Ti screwdriver*

heres the link to the main site: http://similarminds.com/index.html

So which category should be done first, the jung types, or the big 5 types?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ok I'll start!

ENFP

outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy
    The bolded terms I feel are negative assertions on the structure of the particular personality; certainly is assumes that ENFP's are irresponsbile, which isn't true in the case of some individuals, and the absence to utilize logic is not a trai that I would associate with any type.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

organized, group oriented, focused, conventional, leader, emotionally stable, anal, attention seeking, planner, realistic, fearless, responsible, finisher, decisive, norm following, respects authority, punctual, hard working, stiff, self confident, thinks rules and regulations are important, follows the rules, clean, outgoing, social, content, does not like being alone, normal, regular,does not like weird or strange people / things - intolerant of differences, strict, disciplined, aggressive, assertive, content, happy, proper, formal, strict with self, meticulous, strong sense of purpose
    I did the same, i.e. I bolded the ones that I think are either stereotypical or stereotype-enforcing/creating. For example, the emphasis on respecting authority. Also, I've never related to the aggression aspect of typical ESTJ descriptions. I don't come across as aggressive to anyone, ever. (Of course, I don't come across as passive, either...)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Mmmm, perhaps I should bold a few more:

outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy
    Words I'd replace:

wild and crazy - spontaneous and fun
    irresponsible - flexible/easygoing
    irrational - passionate/emotional
    seductive - charming, in a cute way.
    dangerous - willing to try new things/ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFJ
    creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self.
    A lot of it is very negative, but I just picked out the main things that I didn't think were relevant or those which created stereotypes.
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^Yeah, the bias in some of these descriptions is rediculous, just compare the SCOAI profile to the RLUEN profile.

In the meantime I should get started on a documented list of the new descriptions *grabs the Ti screwdriver*.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

INTP - familiar with the darkside
    What are we, the Sith? Though that doesn't really work with this:

unemotional
    Might post a longer response later, when I have time to read through all of it and organize my thoughts. I'm in the middle of being all science-y.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

^ I agree. Whats intresting now would be, is the former quote or latter one the wrong one

ENTP:
    Although Batman has no powers per SE, when compared to the normal human being what he can do often appears to be superhuman. First and foremost is Batman’s keen intellect. Batman is considered by many to be the greatest detective in the world. With his mind, and supercomputer in the Batcave, he has been able to solve many problems, from seemingly random attacks by the Joker to the toughest riddles of The Riddler.
    He is also an excellent tactician and strategist. Always thinking many steps ahead of his opponent. One would say that this is the reason he has been able to beat Superman, using his mind instead of his brawn to outwit the Man of Steel into his traps. Others might say that this can be seen as paranoia on Batman’s part, like when he built a satellite system to spy on super humans to keep tabs on them or when he had his secret files with ways to take down the Justice League.
    Batman is also a master of many martial arts, hand to hand weapons, and close quarters combat. His body is in the pinnacle of human ability and has been honed by many years of training. He is also extremely agile and is an accomplished gymnast and acrobatic, with many years moving over the Gotham landscape to keep him on his toes.
    Finally, with his vast wealth, Batman has amassed an arsenal of technological gadgets, vehicles, and weapons. From his ever trusty Batarang to the Batmobile, and utility belt, Batman is always ready for anything, using the powers of his company, to further research and development as his tool to acquiring whatever he needs to avenge his family and to protect Gotham City.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

INTP

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm
    Does not like happy people - WTF??!!
    Hard to persuade - This might have to tie in with being more skeptical with ideas and concepts, Te might be harder to persuade when it comes to empirical evidence.
    More likely to support marijuana legalization - Ha, what do they think we are, a punch of spacey, blabbering, lazy slackers.
    Does not think they are weird but others do - At least I am fully aware I'm a green one eyed popsicle from outerspace, don't worry, I come in peace humans.
    Not prone to compromise - This does not seem like it would be a normal INTP trait, INTPs have an behind the scences interaction style mostly so they are more informative and maybe even a little accommodating too. Maybe this might be the case for a Ti-Si INTP because they would have a more narrow-minded, rigid focuse.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ^ I agree. Whats intresting now would be, is the former quote or latter one the wrong one

ENTP:
    All types should just use various descriptions of Batman.