User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Is this thread for real???

The biggest problem with humans of every type, is that no one thinks their shit stinks and that they are all perfect..
    Why don't you blow that stereo type instead?
    Work on your issues instead of denying their existence.

What a bunch of babies ...
    The issues I bolded in my previous post on this thread are issues that I don't have. HOWEVER, the issues I DO have are contained in 1. the un-bolded, 2. the enneagram 1 description, and 3. no description online (as they are specific to me).

Just because we're saying "No, I don't have THESE issues", doesn't mean we're saying that we don't have issues at all.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yeah, I think I have every right to disagree with a description which attributes like 3 positive aspects of my type and 100 negatives. Sure I have also negative ones which I won't deny, but I know I have more than 3 positive aspects about me, but for some reason people seem to focus only on the negatives of INFPs. Of course it bothers me, I am not an insensitive rock! I won't cry because people who don't know me are making judgements over me, but it would be nice to just hear a positive word sometimes too.

Some examples: In INFP description it says "attracted to the counter culture", which is formulated in a negative tone as if they were just out of principe against everything of culture without real individual thoughts. On ENTP description it says " appreciates strangeness", which sounds more positive. Strange things are strange by definition because they don't fit to the typical cultural image, so it is nearly the same thing, just one does seem to do it just to follow some crowd blindly while the other is appreciating it by own thoughts. Not to mention the fact that the description of INFP is twice as long as ENTP, but only because it is filled with a bunch more of negative stuff, of which half of the list seems pulled out of the ass to me tbh or redundant. The "not punctual" / "prone to lateness" stuff is actually two times the same, and loner / solitary / hermit is redundant too...

Things which are totally not me, actually mostly the opposite, are bolded (not all unbolded are necessarily typical for me, but they can happen):

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yayyyy ..

does not like being alone, thinks life has purpose/meaning, organized, values organized religion, outgoing, social, does not like strange people/things - likely intolerant of differences , open, easy to read, dislikes science fiction, values relationships and families over intellectual pursuits, group oriented, follows the rules, affectionate, planner, regular, orderly, clean, finisher, religious, consults others before acting, content, positive, loves getting massages, complimentary, dutiful, loving, considerate, altruistic

Does not like being alone - can spend 5 mins alone before becoming emo - Can spend time alone
    Values organised religion - Because heaven forbid i have a mind of my own - Not necessarily into religion
    Does not like strange people/things - Was this written by an xNxx who got their heart broken by an ESFJ - Openminded
    values friendship/family over intellectual persuits - Just chain me to the sink now - May find values outside the home
    Follow the rules - Thats what i want you to think - Rules are not set in stone
    Finisher - No, i start and let others finish - May finish
    Loves getting massages .. Rephrase that SAS REALLY LOVES GETTING MASSAGES, lol - LOVES GETTING MASSAGES
    Dutiful - Only until i won't take no more, then i walk away and i will never look back - dutiful until you've taken the absolute piss
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

INTP - familiar with the darkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    What are we, the Sith?
    The best

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The biggest problem with humans of every type, is that no one thinks their shit stinks and that they are all perfect..

The only one I see really whining in this thread is you, get over it!!!
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INTP

disorganized
    Messy

Not all Ps are disorganized or messy. I've never found these descriptors to be a very reliable indicator of J/P

likes science fiction

Not all INTPs like science fiction and several other types do. The statement seems very stereotypical- if you are this type than you like this.

familiar with the darkside

This is just plain weird. Why would INTPs be any more or less familiar with the darkside? And what exactly is the darkside anyway? Very vague term.

does not think they are weird but others do

My experience has been the opposite. Most INTPs know they are rather different from the norm and they are aware of ways in which they might be perceived as 'weird' by others.

does not like happy people

Depressed INTPs, maybe. I don't see this applying the the majority of INTPs, or the majority of any type for that matter.

more likely to support marijuana legalization

LOL! Personally I support it but I don't think political views belong in a type description. Do INTPs tend to be more liberal in their views? Maybe, maybe not. I do think INTPs are more likely than average to challenge certain political beliefs. They aren't likely to believe in something just because the majority does.

The rest of the stuff may not describe every INTP but I do see INTPs as having more of a tendency towards those behaviors than most other types.

No type description is failproof. There will always be people of the said type who won't fit it 100%
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um well Similar Minds is a an excessively negative web site, anyway. It basically describes all the types by their weaknesses, in case you haven't noticed. There are lots of other type descriptions on the web.

Just go to Google and type in "Keirsey INFJ" for example. It should be more helpful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am doing this for fun.

attracted to sad things -> wtf ...
    disorganized -> not really, i know where my things are.
    acts without planning -> i plan
    more likely to support marijuana legalization -> haven't decided about this yet...
    likes the rain -> wtf!
    can be submissive -> no way baby cakes

oh okay, the others are pretty true. meh. so what, lots of different types have the same negative traits. a lot of these things are basic human issues. be aware of weaknesses, improve weaknesses.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    can be submissive -> no way baby cakes
    *takes out strap*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Most general problem most often is to make people sensitive for the fact that they are having errors. if you could do that with some good type descriptions you could prolly even make a lot of money with it .

But you definitly would need to love humanity for that, to put so much effort in it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]