User Tag List

View Poll Results: How long could you sit and enter numbers in a database without you NEED take break?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an S, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an S, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an N, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

4 7.02%
  • I am an S, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an S, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

2 3.51%
  • I am an N, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

7 12.28%
  • I am an S, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

3 5.26%
  • I am an N, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

12 21.05%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *less* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

0 0%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *more* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it less than 1 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it 1-2 hour before I need to take a break.

0 0%
First 45678 Last

I'd say two hours maximum before I need to get up, rest, eat, or whatever. That is only because it is a job (which would be similar if this was for college.) If it was entering numbers into a database just for the sake of it, I won't last long.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My first thought when I saw this question was "just kill me now." Any job that requires no thinking skills and constant repetition, well that's worse than prison.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

If the numbers had any meaning at all I could do it pretty well. I would be entering them and keeping myself interested by noticing patterns. Trying to figure out how to do it faster / with less typing involved would keep me somewhat entertained as well.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Could do it for 2 hours, would be able to do it longer with music though. Just need a pee and food break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    So, this will be anonymous Poll. Please be maximally honest. There is no right/wrong answer.

So.
    Question is in the title. If you could "if your life depends on it" do it long, then dont put that answer, answer must be about your natural state. So, if you respect your needs, body etc. And also, dont answer that you'd like to take a break after x minutes to do something more fun. Because, you should view it like it's your JOB, and the break is only because you are tired/going nuts, not because there are more fun things to do.

ALSO: If you are not VERY sure of your S/N letter, then answer "i am unsure". VERY=80%+, I'd say.
    You didn't factor in that some people taking this poll have ADD

Fail.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    My first thought when I saw this question was "just kill me now." Any job that requires no thinking skills and constant repetition, well that's worse than prison.
    Hm. I have a hard time grasping this. Even if it is constant repetition, what on earth is stopping you from thinking and dreaming about other stuff not related to the work you're doing? Well, maybe it depends on the job I guess. If you have to watch out for not losing your hand in the process. But with my personal experience with a repetitive job, I totally zoned out while doing it. Once you acquire enough skill, it becomes automatic, you'll still be able to be good at it, but it doesn't feel like it's mindnumbing. But as I said, I guess it depends on the job.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 11-27-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You didn't factor in that some people taking this poll have ADD

Fail.
    I didnt factor in that some people dont have hands or fingers to enter numbers, also.

Or i did : i guess someone with severe ADD* will know while answering the Poll that he cant answer it without taking ADD into consideration

* if we ignore the fact that ADD usually means NP anyway; so counting it twice would make statistical errors
    and I definately have ADD and when was kid i had ADHD and didnt learn to read until i was 12 or even older<- all NPness

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Boring, but I think that I could last 30 minutes before I suddenly need to visit the restroom. After 60 minutes, I will give in to the urge to stare out the window or run, screaming, for the nearest exit. There is only so much boredom that this SP can handle in one day!:steam:
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I would probably need 30 seconds of pause every 10 minutes. Just to clear my head. But if we don't include this and food/toilet thing I could to this for quite some time. Even if I am not really interested in this kind of activities.

Btw be prepared that you will need to explain to me why this needs to be done in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I would probably need 30 seconds of pause every 10 minutes. Just to clear my head. But if we don't include this and food/toilet thing I could to this for quite some time. Even if I am not really interested in this kind of activities.

You could do it... but would you be exhausted after doing it, that's the whole point. "everybody" can do it.

Btw be prepared that you will need to explain to me why this needs to be done in the first place.
    What kind of explanation would be okay for you? Would "boss said those numbers are important" be fine ? Whole point is entering numbers, not doing it because you see a personal significance so you can "Pull it off". Point is about how long it wouldnt be a problem for you, so you dont need to find extra motivation.