User Tag List

View Poll Results: How long could you sit and enter numbers in a database without you NEED take break?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an S, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an S, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an N, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

4 7.02%
  • I am an S, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an S, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

2 3.51%
  • I am an N, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

7 12.28%
  • I am an S, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

3 5.26%
  • I am an N, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

12 21.05%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *less* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

0 0%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *more* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it less than 1 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it 1-2 hour before I need to take a break.

0 0%
First 34567 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^What was the test?

Anatomy

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I had to do it for a job, I could probably last several hours before going crazy but I'd have to have some break in there. Even if its just to go to the bathroom and grab a quick bite to eat or rest my arms. Without any break whatsoever, probably more like 1-2 hours.

When faced with repetitive tasks like this, I like to make a game out of it to pass the time. A job entering numbers all day would be far from ideal but I can think of things way worse, like dealing with with unpleasant customers all day.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I could do it less than 30. If I had music maybe longer, maybe not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd rather watch grass grow. I don't see how any human being could truly enjoy putting numbers into a computer unless it was to create something more significant.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

This was my main duty on my most recent job (truck dispatching), and something it looks like I'm gravitating back towards (data entry in general, I mean).

It was really super tough at first to mentally keep focused on it because let's face it, logistics is something SJs are good at, not so much SPs. In fact, I screwed quite a few things up, one time potentially costing the company a few thousand, though that kinda just fizzled out. Another time I totally didn't put Portland on the second destination so the driver dumped everything at Spokane. We had to go pick the Portland load up and deliver it, but my ISTP boss cleverly lined everything up where we just took care of it on runs we were already doing.

It's like my mind needs variation so much that it could do something the same way a 1,000 different times and on the 1,001 it does it differently just because. I'm horrible at forming habits on some things... at least for very long.

But yeah, I became used to it and I actually got pretty damn good at my job in general. What kept it interesting is that I ended up multi-tasking alot and my duties were actually important and people relied on my doing a quality job so it became pretty exciting sometimes.

Long story short, yes I would enter forms for at least six hours straight... although I can't say that it wasn't riddled with personal breaks all throughout. At the end, though, I was pretty responsible and went with almost no breaks except for a minute or two here and there.

I don't think anyone could do it without any breaks whatsoever, even going straight through lunch (we ate lunch at our desks)... except maybe an SJ. Or another type who's had strict training. Unless a threat forced them to - then I would sober up (but let's face it, I love the thrill of danger looming on the horizon! )
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

That is one of the rare jobs that will make me lose my mind if I do it for any time. I've handled 4 hours with little breaks inbetween without going nuts, but I've hated it.

I think I have done about 45 minutes at a time before getting exhausted. Too bad I did that job much too well.. I've done this in a few jobs, and every time the boss has been happy with my job performance, accuracy, etc. and usually rewarded me with more of the same job. I was able to convince one boss not to give me that kind of job anymore, without endangering my stay at the workplace. (sorry for the freaking grammar errors, I'm tired.)

Ok. One thing more. This is one of the few jobs I would spontaneously mention when asked about terrible job experiences. Yes, it's absolutely horrendous. Waste of human resources, waste of sanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i can barely write my 6 letter password, luckily it can be saved to most places
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not sure how to answer this, for fear of giving the wrong impression.

I can work on tedious things for a while (half a day up to maybe a full day if I'm in a good mood) but tend to really, really hate it. I'm not sure that means it's "easier" for me - I just value the end result enough to work for it. Also I really, really hate it after 2 days or so and would probably quit if possible. I did data entry for the govt for about 6 months, but it was ok because I could work for an hour or two every day, spaced n ~20 min intervals interspersed by internet surfing, emails etc - and still get praised for how much faster I did it than they had planned for (Seriously - they have low expectations). I don't mind it if it's just for <hour, and even 2-3 hours is ok if not too often....not every day.
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not sure how to answer this, for fear of giving the wrong impression.

I can work on tedious things for a while (half a day up to maybe a full day if I'm in a good mood) but tend to really, really hate it. I'm not sure that means it's "easier" for me - I just value the end result enough to work for it. Also I really, really hate it after 2 days or so and would probably quit if possible. I did data entry for the govt for about 6 months, but it was ok because I could work for an hour or two every day, spaced n ~20 min intervals interspersed by internet surfing, emails etc - and still get praised for how much faster I did it than they had planned for (Seriously - they have low expectations). I don't mind it if it's just for <hour, and even 2-3 hours is ok if not too often....not every day.
    -end of thread-