User Tag List

View Poll Results: How long could you sit and enter numbers in a database without you NEED take break?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an S, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an S, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 4 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 3 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

3 5.26%
  • I am an S, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an N, I could do it 2 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

8 14.04%
  • I am an N, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

4 7.02%
  • I am an S, I could do it 1 hours tops, before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am an S, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

2 3.51%
  • I am an N, I could do it 30-60 minutes.

7 12.28%
  • I am an S, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

3 5.26%
  • I am an N, I could do it 0-30 minutes.

12 21.05%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *less* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

0 0%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it *more* than 2 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it less than 1 hours before I need to take a break.

1 1.75%
  • I am not sure about N/S letter, I could do it 1-2 hour before I need to take a break.

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I am just entering numbers to enter numbers, without my life depending on it, and without being monitored, and without having any sort of probable heavy punishment, based on past experience, I'd probably work for about five minutes every hour and the rest of the time be off on some more interesting mission.

... although I'd probably get more numbers into the system in those five minutes than most people would in 15.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think I could do it for 48 hours straight if I had to. 16 hours would be easy. None of your answers are long enough.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I am an N, I could do it 6+ hours, before I *need* to take a break.

this is your answer, highlander.
    2nd on the poll, i put 2x S instead of N.

you are sure you wouldnt need to take 10 mins breaks now and then, so it doesnt become too hard to do ?

MBTI
    INTP

I could probably do it for an hour without a break, but I'd be thinking of other things. I don't mind doing mindless data entry for short periods of time, because I can let my mind wander and still remain accurate. But if that was my actual job, I wouldn't last long. The boredom would kill me.
    Something Witty

10~15 minutes at the most.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If I am just entering numbers to enter numbers, without my life depending on it, and without being monitored, and without having any sort of probable heavy punishment, based on past experience, I'd probably work for about five minutes every hour and the rest of the time be off on some more interesting mission.

... although I'd probably get more numbers into the system in those five minutes than most people would in 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I could probably do it for an hour without a break, but I'd be thinking of other things. I don't mind doing mindless data entry for short periods of time, because I can let my mind wander and still remain accurate. But if that was my actual job, I wouldn't last long. The boredom would kill me.
    As usual, I'm in the same mold as Jennifer and Talullah. I'm generally *very* good at stuff like that, when it comes to a "work done per minute" sort of metric. But that's only for the minutes that I'm actually working . My mind will wander, and I'll start to space out, etc.

One summer when I was in college (that is, when I wasn't hunting dinosaurs or marveling at the discovery of fire), I worked in a factory that made electrical devices. My job was basically to put components (diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc.) on circuit boards by hand. For hours on end. Since it was physical, it wasn't quite as susceptible to a total "zone-out" as starting at a monitor and entering data is, but it had some similarities. I could get into a zone and get a LOT done... but it wasn't something that I'd want to do for long. But it was a job, I was good at it, and although it wasn't something I'd necessarily want to do long-term, I probably could. Just get into the zone of physical activity and let my mind go where it will.

But how long without a break of any sort? Probably a couple of hours. But really, any sane employer for tasks like that will let people take a short 5 minute break every hour or two anyway. Otherwise I'd think you'll almost certainly get people slipping and making a lot more errors, etc. Not to mention introducing a higher incidence of repetitive stress injuries, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post

you are sure you wouldnt need to take 10 mins breaks now and then, so it doesnt become too hard to do ?
    Thought about this afterwards - I'd need to take an occasional break to pee.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Thought about this afterwards - I'd need to take an occasional break to pee.
    If you would repeat the numbers while peeing, it doesnt count.

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    10~15 minutes at the most.
    Si dom?:/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could do it for quite a while, as I seem to be able to think about other more interesting things and still retain accuracy. But after too long I start to get restless and I just want to get out of there! 3 hours tops. It depends on how I'm feeling, of course. But if I actually got the right amount of sleep and ate properly, I could probably do it even longer.
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari