User Tag List

First 12

ReflecTcelfeR

It is very difficult to avoid this because disregarding information is nigh impossible as you said, but I think the information that you have should be used in order to answer the questions. I believe that even if you know what answer you will get, the point is to answer from experience, instead of preference. If experience states that you logically thought through a situation and considered only what you knew to be true, then you are more likely a T, an leaning towards S undertones. That's why I wish someone would create a test that was more problem solving based. Instead of asking personality based questions.

Some of the questions are so easy to answer, literally without much thought. Those are T vs. F questions and that's one dichotomy that's not in question since it's so natural for me.

Some of the questions that appear to be more difficult, lean towards the dichotomies that are in question or borderline for me. So with these questions, I have to catch myself not to bias my responses towards want vs. natural preferences or rejection of vs. natural preferences. Uncertain how successful this tactic. Hopefully reasonably, since there's no type I desperately want or want not to be.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    That's why I wish someone would create a test that was more problem solving based. Instead of asking personality based questions.
    I think test questions should be more scenario based. Its easy to think you are more one way or another in theory but does it reflect what you *actually* tend to do?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's pretty easy for me to type myself by the four dichotomies. I mean, I largely am either alone, one-on-one, or with very small groups of people. It costs me energy to be around people a bunch. It's like performing. My quote on my Live Journal used to be Sartre's "Hell is other people." My ex used to always say I was an introvert, and he doesn't even study MBTI, he meant it from a layman's perspective.

NF is pretty clear if we rule out function theory.

And I'm J...I like for things to be a certain way, I've been that way since I was like...a toddler? I remember I used to scream and throw a fit if my own little sisters messed up my room and didn't clean it up. My penmanship has always been neat, I was always a very good student (except for about two years when I slacked off in high school), even my Internet posts have more structure than many ENFPs I've observed. I used to be so anal about my Live Journal posts that I would re-read them several times before I posted them, though I've grown out of that since I went to college. I think it's more obvious in person, people can see it in my body language, which is why I got called ENFJ, INFJ or ISFJ in person by people from this site when they met me.

Knowing about function theory makes everything confusing and contrived. I'm not so sure I trust it anymore, though at one point I was quite fluent in it. Maybe I don't "use a lot of Te" or "have an obvious ISTJ shadow"...maybe I'm just an NFJ.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think test questions should be more scenario based. Its easy to think you are more one way or another in theory but does it reflect what you *actually* tend to do?
    That's essentially what I meant. Real world problem solving. I'm surprised no one has really thought of that, or it isn't very publicized if it has been. I think it'd be a strong boost for Cognitive Theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

It probably depends on the test and concepts. I remember seeing the instructions to administering the MBTI, you are supposed to let them read the different descriptions and then choose the best sounding type, in addition to the questionnaire results.
    I found that knowing more about the concepts made it easier to decipher the best type. (I had fallen into the whole Ti vs Fi NTP/NFP confusion, as many of the simplistic descriptions of functions made them ambiguous).

The APS, on the other hand, says that the testee should know as little about the theory as possible. It is much more sensitive to possible bias (especially since it is aiming to measure inborn temperament, while the FIRO it is based on disclaims inborn traits), and even the questions are arranged in a specific way to address that.

I only put up the whole breakdown of it (link in bottom, and with a caution to prospective testees at the beginning) and direct people to the online profiles, figuring they won't pay to take the official test, so it won't hurt them to know about it (though a couple here did eventually take it).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Definitely. That's why I never take those tests anymore. I just read and compare descriptions.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Not if you are honest with yourself.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

The first time I ever took the test in high school I scored ESFx(P), although I wasn't able to see how close I was to the other three. I guess to be fair I should also point out that as far as who I am now I was not developed as an indivdual having suffered from depression for years up until a feww months before I took the test.

Now I consider myself an INXX(J) after having learned about all the types, of course I used to believe that J and P were a matter of being organized/disorganized, as I learned more about type my type slowly went in this fashion: ESFP -> ENFP -> INFP ->INFJ

I could be biased because I consider the INFJ the best type (someone once compared them to lonely lighthouse keepers, but for their abilities I am biased that way) or maybe as my understanding of MBTI has evolved so has my scoring.