123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default What Other Types Have You Been (or thought you were)

It's sorta funny, the very first time I ever took a MBTI test was in my eleventh grade life study/politics class, and I scored ISTJ. From that point on I became obsessed with MBTI, unsatisfied with what I had learned in class I expanded my knowledge via internet searching. I took test after test and kept coming out INTJ, and later in my life realized I was more of an INTP. Later then I questioned that and decided I was INFP, and now today I have discovered that I'm really ENFP. So essentially I type progressed:

ISTJ - INTJ - INTP - INFP - ENFP

Know for the most part I probably mistyped myself each and every time, although at a younger age I may have been more of one type then another (given that my functions may have developed differently over time). So please share what types have you previously been (whether actual or mistyped) and what have you learned from your progression of types?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

According to my first test, I was an ESTJ!!!
    I didn't believe it! The tester said that I was definitely an ESTJ!
    In later tests, I've gotten INFP, ISFP, ENFP, and ESTP.
    When I took my first test, I was experiencing a lot of negative stuff and I think that threw off the test results.
    I think that it would be fun to be an ESTJ, but I am sure that that is not me.
    When I took the MBTI Step II, it clearly said that I was an ISFP. I was in a better place when I took that test and I think that the test results showed it.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i was an infp for about a week.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFJ, INFP according to tests, ESFP, ISFP, possibly xSFJ or ENFJ according to some people's theorizing, I've even gotten ENTP and INTJ before on tests...ENTP a suprising bit often, and INTJ only once which I think was a crazy fluke that had to do with inherent test flaw.

My type went from

INFP-INTP-INXP-INFP-IXFP-ISFP.

As for the tests, it usually followed one of the IXXP MBTI types. Other than that, I've gotten INFJ like twice.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been nothing but this since the day I was born.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

^^^
    I've noticed that NJs are often quite certain of their type, no matter what other people say.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I didn't take the test when I was younger, but if I had to guess starting from when I was about 12 or so I'd say I started out as ENFP, INFP, then INTP, then ENTP, then ExTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

i went from infp to infj to infp to intj to intp to infp ... now i am gravitating to enfp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I tested INTP for some 8 years or so; but I never looked into MBTI beyond the tests & did not pay the results much mind. I didn't self-identify as INTP as the profiles did not quite fit; instead, I dismissed MBTI as silly. When I began testing INFP & INFJ, it made more sense. My behavior was clearly P, so I investigated INFP first. I identified as INFP once I had even a small glimpse of the theory beyond the test & basic profiles; it was enough for me to read descriptions of Fi-doms & Ti-doms to know I was Fi-dom.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe