• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Other Types Have You Been (or thought you were)

October Rust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It took me a while to decide between INFJ and INFP. I also briefly thought that I might be INTJ or INTP.

Last edited:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm ENTP, always have been. I though I was ENFP for one day, not understanding clearly what the difference between T and F was.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
When I was younger I was warm but not very extroverted. In fact, I often hated crowds and only had 1 or 2 good friends. I was also in my own head, a lot more than I am now. I didn't really feel like I needed to externalize my thoughts. It wasn't until my family moved from Hong Kong to New Zealand that I was really forced to come out of my shell. I went to 3 different high schools just in New Zealand alone. I wonder if I was a very introverted ENFP or just a straight up INFP.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looking at all the type profiles (to compare with APS first, then to see where I fit second), I figured I was some kind of NP. (I knew the ENFJ I got on the Keirsey test online couldn't be me).

When I finally figured out the basic comparison between systems, that pointed to INTP. Looking at the profiles again in that light, it then made more sense. The profiles all emphasized the "detached analysis" more than anything else, and I didn't completely pick up the identification with it until then.

Then, I run into this hack "expert" who suggests ENFP based purely on me sharing ideas enthusiastically (Ne+Fi+Te). All of the aspects of the theory that were oversimplified (such as Ti=detached analysis; Fi="enthusiasm") were used for this. I did remember earlier on identifying with a few of the ENFP descriptions, and the Keirsey test actually had J and P tied at 5; but it otherwise seemed like a copy of the fellow Sanguine ESFP. (Not being familiar with the S/N dichotomy, and looking at it purely through expressiveness and responsiveness; I could hardly tell the difference between the two in descriptions!) So by the time I got that suggestion, I was surprised.

So then I began buying Berens, Nardi, Haas & Hunziker, and and these did help me solidify my type, though the function descriptions did leave ambiguities. A simulated Step II and the Nardi cognitive processes test also showed where I had some strong E, F or Fi traits.
When I finally found some Beebe articles, and learned more about Lenore Thomson's theory, then I finally got the hang of the whole function archetype theory, and it clearly fit INTP. Whatever Fi I "use" tends to fit the "demonic/transformative" complex. And it's not always about "using" a function, they are better described as perspectives, and they can remain "undifferentiated" outside the ego's normal preferred consciousness.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
When i had never heard of MBTI, the person who introduced it to me informed me that I am an INTJ. So with absolutely zero understanding of MBTI, I joined a couple forums to find out more under the label INTJ.

It didn't take me long to figure out that I am most certainly not an INTJ. Pretty much as soon as I delved into the functions, I was like "Whoa, this is wrong."

Settled on ISTJ and haven't 'changed it' since.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP or INFJ

ISFP because of me desire for new stimulation (mostly in the form of new stories or narratives or experiences with other people) and the fact that I'm not nearly as neat-and-organized as as many ISFJs are often portrayed to be.

INFJ because I sometimes do the "mind-reading" thing that INFJs can do and it makes me wonder how close to the N/S border I am :shock:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I can't relate to any other type, other than ENTJ...
Possibly EsTJ, however, I generally don't like traditions, laws, and social hierarchy...
with the Introversions of an INTJ.

I haven't read the profile of an ENTJ in a while.. just went to read it, and it lit a fire inside of me; it describes me to a tee.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
When i had never heard of MBTI, the person who introduced it to me informed me that I am an INTJ. So with absolutely zero understanding of MBTI, I joined a couple forums to find out more under the label INTJ.

It didn't take me long to figure out that I am most certainly not an INTJ. Pretty much as soon as I delved into the functions, I was like "Whoa, this is wrong."

Settled on ISTJ and haven't 'changed it' since.

Would you mind expanding on this?

What was it about INTJs and/or Ni/Se that made you realize you weren't one/didn't use them (on the reg)?

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ-->INTP-->INFJ-->INTP-->ENTP-->ENFP-->ISFP.

Originally tested INTJ, thought it fit okay enough, became interested, did some reading, found INTP, did some more reading, thought that fit better. Read more, thought that couldn't be right, and that INFJ made more sense. I flipped back and forth between INTP and INFJ, then thought about how I've been throughout MOST of my life, and ENTP (tert Fe) made the most sense. Did some more reading, 'cause it still didn't FEEL right, and settled briefly on ENFP. Something still wasn't clicking. Read more, stalked this board and others, and finally settled with ISFP.

From INTJ-->ISFP. :shrug:

Kinda makes a bit of sense, though, I guess. Just took me a long time to get it right (that's assuming it's right now, as well, which it isn't necessarily. I'll probably never be 100% sure. That's all right.)

INTJ Ni Te Fi Se
ISFP Fi Se Ni Te

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Is there a general trend that Fs tend to be more confused about which type they are?

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
I have concidered that I might be....ESFP barely, ENFP frequently, INFP consistently, ENFJ occasionally, INFJ predominately, and INTJ currently.

I also have scored as intp on quite a few tests and even got an entj once.

The only thing I am definitely certain of is my N preference.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm currently sitting on the INTx fence. I had myself pegged as INTP for awhile but recently I've realized that I am very J like in many ways. My main dilemma is that I identify with INTP more in terms of functions and INTJ by letters. I've known other forum members to have a similar dilemma. If you treat them as separate theories, then it isn't such a conflict.

So why the 'switch' over to J? Reading Lenore Thomson's book got me thinking I'm more J than P. Several of the online tests have me pegged as J. I'm not as rigid or as decisive as most Js appear to be but I am quite anal about several things. While that doesn't prove J, I think my anal behaviors are far more likely in J types than P types. Here are some examples of how I'm anal:

I have long running lists of books to read and movies I'd like to watch. I have them listed by genre and alphabetical by title within the genre.

I am anal about how my bookmarks are organized. I have a Delicious account and I'm constantly managing my tags to best reflect the content and making them easier to find. Other people I know have their bookmarks as a jumbled mess. I do a similar thing with my Flickr photos and my emails.

I hate having extraneous things I never use. I don't have a problem getting rid of things I no longer need. I go through my clothes, books, CDs, and other belongings fairly frequently and purge whatever I no longer need.

I'm even considering ISTJ as a possibility. An ISTJ with a stronger than average N. I have good Si and some of these 'anal' things like going through my belongings periodically and purging whatever I no longer use (Te) and are no longer of importance to me (tertiary Fi) sounds ISTJ. Then again, ISTJ would have Ti in the 6th position and I really think my Ti is stronger than that. I identify alot with dominant Ti.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJ - INTP - INFP

I had confidence.
Then I lost it.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think that I'm somewhere between ESTP, ENTP, ISTP and INTP. In fact, if I read descriptions of ENTPs, it fits ridiculously good, and I have the E-attitude to have a wide range of non-close friends. Also, I'm usually considered loud and direct. On the other side, I'm fine with being alone all day long, and, because of that, I often try to avoid close relationships or even people at all.

On the S/N-range, I'm strongly interested in all kinds of theories and my goal in life is to absorb as much informations as possible(not a conscious decision, it's just the way I am). But I also enjoy sports, and I'm quite a risk-taker, and I'm often referred to be too superficial about things.

In function terms:

I have a very strong P, thus a strong Ne/Se-combination and an even stronger Ti, a rather weak Si/Ni-combination & Fe, but nearly non-existent Te and Fi.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first started looking into MBTI I thought I could of been
ENFP, ISFJ, ISTJ, sometimes INTJ,INFJ (still wonder periodically/same for INTP), and well INTP :p.
I wondered ISFP but It's clear I'm not a "Se" user and more a Ne user.

It's pretty clear I'm INfP through and through. Times I do wonder if I'm INFj/even sometimes
INtP. It always comes back to INfP :heart:, I think it's just cause I'm balanced with F/T and like to theorize
especially if I can see a human component "Quantum physics/philosophy" seems to have a humanity aspect.

Quotes from Jung Himself.
http://www.type-resources.com/newsletter.shtml?article=MTA3NjBzdXBlcjEwNzU3c2VjcmV0MTA3NjQ=
"Ti = Facts collected as evidence/support for a theory verses just because' for me I can relate because of Ne use plus not a half bad usage of "T". So maybe I seem INTPish in to my dealings with theories and liking to examine them and gather data to verify (with SiTe) it or try. Coupled with Ne, I can use Te decent enough.

Reading "Ti" did make me wonder if I could be a INTP. I read the Fi from many sources similar to Eric B I have
most if not all of those books he mentioned and I just know It's a FiNe preference.

:)

Falcon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I got ENFP on the keirsey during my teens. First official MBTI, during 20's, I got ENTJ but thought "no I must be an ENTP". It took some gentle prodding from friends to remind me how desperately organized and conscientious I was and that I had to stop lying to myself about being spontaneous and messy. Friends are good for that.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I can identify with several types without too much difficulty, but primarily it's always been INTP or INFP. As I get older circumstance tends to force me into other roles, so it's natural that I get more comfortable with that, but there's really not much question that I tend toward IN?P.

Sunny Ghost

i typed correctly the first time i took it. i was 22 years old. i knew as soon as i read the description, it was like reading a book on my life and had no doubt about it. and still have no doubt that i'm an ISFP.

occasionally though, i'll take a new MBTI test just for kicks. a lot of them will tell me i'm INFP. but i know i'm not. i think i just have a stronger tertiary Ni. or perhaps it's from being around my exboyfriend (an INFP) for six years that's influenced me a bit. once or twice i've gotten INTP as well.

but, ISFP to the core and since the beginning of my experience with MBTI.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
In my mid to late teens I used to test INTP, but looking back I can see that I was ENFP all along.