User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It took me a while to decide between INFJ and INFP. I also briefly thought that I might be INTJ or INTP.
    Last edited by October Rust; 11-19-2010 at 06:27 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm ENTP, always have been. I though I was ENFP for one day, not understanding clearly what the difference between T and F was.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

When I was younger I was warm but not very extroverted. In fact, I often hated crowds and only had 1 or 2 good friends. I was also in my own head, a lot more than I am now. I didn't really feel like I needed to externalize my thoughts. It wasn't until my family moved from Hong Kong to New Zealand that I was really forced to come out of my shell. I went to 3 different high schools just in New Zealand alone. I wonder if I was a very introverted ENFP or just a straight up INFP.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Looking at all the type profiles (to compare with APS first, then to see where I fit second), I figured I was some kind of NP. (I knew the ENFJ I got on the Keirsey test online couldn't be me).

When I finally figured out the basic comparison between systems, that pointed to INTP. Looking at the profiles again in that light, it then made more sense. The profiles all emphasized the "detached analysis" more than anything else, and I didn't completely pick up the identification with it until then.

Then, I run into this hack "expert" who suggests ENFP based purely on me sharing ideas enthusiastically (Ne+Fi+Te). All of the aspects of the theory that were oversimplified (such as Ti=detached analysis; Fi="enthusiasm") were used for this. I did remember earlier on identifying with a few of the ENFP descriptions, and the Keirsey test actually had J and P tied at 5; but it otherwise seemed like a copy of the fellow Sanguine ESFP. (Not being familiar with the S/N dichotomy, and looking at it purely through expressiveness and responsiveness; I could hardly tell the difference between the two in descriptions!) So by the time I got that suggestion, I was surprised.

So then I began buying Berens, Nardi, Haas & Hunziker, and and these did help me solidify my type, though the function descriptions did leave ambiguities. A simulated Step II and the Nardi cognitive processes test also showed where I had some strong E, F or Fi traits.
    When I finally found some Beebe articles, and learned more about Lenore Thomson's theory, then I finally got the hang of the whole function archetype theory, and it clearly fit INTP. Whatever Fi I "use" tends to fit the "demonic/transformative" complex. And it's not always about "using" a function, they are better described as perspectives, and they can remain "undifferentiated" outside the ego's normal preferred consciousness.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

When i had never heard of MBTI, the person who introduced it to me informed me that I am an INTJ. So with absolutely zero understanding of MBTI, I joined a couple forums to find out more under the label INTJ.

It didn't take me long to figure out that I am most certainly not an INTJ. Pretty much as soon as I delved into the functions, I was like "Whoa, this is wrong."

Settled on ISTJ and haven't 'changed it' since.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

ISFP or INFJ

ISFP because of me desire for new stimulation (mostly in the form of new stories or narratives or experiences with other people) and the fact that I'm not nearly as neat-and-organized as as many ISFJs are often portrayed to be.

INFJ because I sometimes do the "mind-reading" thing that INFJs can do and it makes me wonder how close to the N/S border I am
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

figsfiggyfigs

I can't relate to any other type, other than ENTJ...
    Possibly EsTJ, however, I generally don't like traditions, laws, and social hierarchy...
    with the Introversions of an INTJ.

I haven't read the profile of an ENTJ in a while.. just went to read it, and it lit a fire inside of me; it describes me to a tee.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    When i had never heard of MBTI, the person who introduced it to me informed me that I am an INTJ. So with absolutely zero understanding of MBTI, I joined a couple forums to find out more under the label INTJ.

It didn't take me long to figure out that I am most certainly not an INTJ. Pretty much as soon as I delved into the functions, I was like "Whoa, this is wrong."

Settled on ISTJ and haven't 'changed it' since.
    Would you mind expanding on this?

What was it about INTJs and/or Ni/Se that made you realize you weren't one/didn't use them (on the reg)?

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

INTJ-->INTP-->INFJ-->INTP-->ENTP-->ENFP-->ISFP.

Originally tested INTJ, thought it fit okay enough, became interested, did some reading, found INTP, did some more reading, thought that fit better. Read more, thought that couldn't be right, and that INFJ made more sense. I flipped back and forth between INTP and INFJ, then thought about how I've been throughout MOST of my life, and ENTP (tert Fe) made the most sense. Did some more reading, 'cause it still didn't FEEL right, and settled briefly on ENFP. Something still wasn't clicking. Read more, stalked this board and others, and finally settled with ISFP.

From INTJ-->ISFP.

Kinda makes a bit of sense, though, I guess. Just took me a long time to get it right (that's assuming it's right now, as well, which it isn't necessarily. I'll probably never be 100% sure. That's all right.)

INTJ Ni Te Fi Se
    ISFP Fi Se Ni Te

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is there a general trend that Fs tend to be more confused about which type they are?