• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Other Types Have You Been (or thought you were)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah alright I did get INFJ and INTJ too on rare occasions.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Always tested as INTJ pretty much (used to be much stronger I and T than now though). When I got my first book on the subject, I wasn't sure if I was an ISTJ, INTJ, or ISTP. It is all so obvious now of course.

Nicodemus

None; which makes me wonder why others are such amorphous beings. Are F types more inclined to answer on a whim?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i thought i was intj at first because i had J(close to P) in tests

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
None; which makes me wonder why others are such amorphous beings. Are F types more inclined to answer on a whim?
Well I dont think you need to be an amorphous being to not always be sure of your type and the distinction if F-types are more prone to that, I find a bit "platt". ( what's the best translation for platt in english ? Flat ? Not really, no ? :D )Many people who come here are young and in a process of getting to know the real self. I think it's rather impossible if you approach a topic with zero knowledge to just hit the right answer on your first take. Despite that mbti claims to be a test of preference. Why shouldnt preference change ? Especially with EP - types the T/F - functions are often closely together, like 2nd and 3rd function, so it's likely there has been a constant usage in rotation over the course of life. Well of course it's unlikely that a T-type would say he's F now and vice versa, since those are real attitudes but a change from p to j I most often dont find too surprising.You have to know for yourself what you want. Do you prefer to be the rigid body who never changes not a single bit in life or to you want to be the dynamic river that just passed a stone and now is going down a waterfall. I personally think both options suck, it's as always, in the middle where it gets intresting.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have Typed as
INTJ, INTP, ISTP, ISFP, INFP and INFJ..

I have never Typed as an ENFJ.. but It's my correct type.

KDude

ISFP, INFP, ISTP, ESFP.. =)

At this point, I think I'm pretty close to INTP actually. Maybe that somatotype guy was right all along.

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
^^^
I've noticed that NJs are often quite certain of their type, no matter what other people say.

I've never thought I was anything else, save for the five seconds I thought I might be an intj. Then I remembered: auxiliary Te. HA HA NO.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I go from infp --> intp --> infj. One of my friends is convinced that I'm an eccentric ti dom who fits into intj shoes. So naturally I'm eternally confused.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first encountered mbti, through online tests around 2000-2001, I tested as INTJ and also self-identified with the profiles. I still test as INTJ much of the time when it comes to dichotomy-based questions. With cognitive function based tests, I have tested INFJ or INFP. However I've never self-identified as INFP - only INFJ and INTJ. I also think/know my Fe trumps my Te.

I've posted elsewhere on this but I think for myself enneagram throws a knot in things; it's why I don't wholly relate to INFJ and w/ dichotomies test as INTJ (and also why with Big 5 tests I end up a bit on the non-agreeable side of the Agreeable spectrum).

Nicodemus

Many people who come here are young and in a process of getting to know the real self. I think it's rather impossible if you approach a topic with zero knowledge to just hit the right answer on your first take.
We are mostly talking about test results. To answer the test questions it is not required to know the theory it is based upon. The way one answers the questions, however, is determined by the way one judges one's own self, by one's preferences. I think it more likely that feelings, as opposed to rationales, change from time to time. Thus my hunch.

Despite that mbti claims to be a test of preference. Why shouldnt preference change ? Especially with EP - types the T/F - functions are often closely together, like 2nd and 3rd function, so it's likely there has been a constant usage in rotation over the course of life. Well of course it's unlikely that a T-type would say he's F now and vice versa, since those are real attitudes but a change from p to j I most often dont find too surprising.
I simply do not know whether a type is supposed to remain the same for one entire lifespan. But I see that, although I have gone through some major changes in my life, I still get the same result I got years ago.

You have to know for yourself what you want. Do you prefer to be the rigid body who never changes not a single bit in life or to you want to be the dynamic river that just passed a stone and now is going down a waterfall. I personally think both options suck, it's as always, in the middle where it gets intresting.
We all change, but not necessarily our types.

KDude

Test result wise, I guess it's more ISFP or ISTP. Something like this sums it up. It's always so close. I know why it happens.. the ethical side of F is shared with T (imo). Sometimes tests associate too much dispassion with Ti as well, which I think is stupid (to put it passionately).

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I was originally told that MBTI was for life. I however think differently now.

When I was in high school and early college I tested INTP, although in the college test (which was an official MBTI test), it showed that I was pretty close to center on the E/I spectrum and the P/J spectrum. I can't remember where I was on the T/F spectrum but I was most solidly an N.

Around 10 years later, I test as an ENFJ/INFJ now, and feel I'm more of an ENFJ/cheerleader type.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Oh well. I've reverted to xsfp. I'm either isfp or esfp but think that I'll just stick with xsfp because it's just a letter and I am who I am and that's all that I am...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Always tested as INTJ pretty much (used to be much stronger I and T than now though). When I got my first book on the subject, I wasn't sure if I was an ISTJ, INTJ, or ISTP. It is all so obvious now of course.

Same here.

Always test INTJ.

N is my strongest preference (~70/30). I/E is always close (~50/50). T/F is somewhat close (~60/40), but that's because of well-developed tertiary Fi, not aux Fe (which is my weakest function). And I ain't no fuckin INTP.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At 16 I tested INFX. I've most often tested INFJ, but occasionally INFP and sometimes people in my personal life will think I'm INFP. My fiance' says he sees actually no J in me, but I think my family would. I have tested as INTJ, but got a funny response from people assuring me I wasn't - except for the INTJs. They are most likely to think I'm one of them. I don't think I fall directly into a type. My Fi might be stronger than Fe, and the F/T divide doesn't lie in my mind the way it is written up as being. I consider myself more holistic than linear in thinking, but also consider a reasonable objectivity to be foundational in my approach especially to solving complex problems. I see no dichotomy between holistic and rational, objective thinking. How could dismissing certain variables be more accurate? The human mind is proven to not be calibrated towards pure objectivity. I find the most rational people to be the ones who can identify within themselves their own limitations and have an understanding of their subjective influences and conclusions.

rav3n

Mostly testing E/I and sometimes, J/P differences. The one I'm still not 100% certain of, is E/I due to borderline nature of E/I. Same functions, different order.

Nicodemus

N is my strongest preference (~70/30). I/E is always close (~50/50). T/F is somewhat close (~60/40), but that's because of well-developed tertiary Fi, not aux Fe (which is my weakest function). And I ain't no fuckin INTP.
I am not surprised by your I/E ratio.

My results look like this: I (75/25), N (65/35), T (90/10), J (75/25).

By the way: You need not post everything twice. ;)