Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So, what is the count so far? I think of Fi as a person centred function. I get pegged as isfp over istp because I am so sweet and friendly so I am guessing others do too.

But yeah, I want to know what the count is. All in favour of Fi as a person centred function say Hai in Japanese.
    konnichiha

Ginkgo

All feeling functions are personal. However, this does not mean that Fi oriented people are necessarily "people" people, or that they are more socially adept. In this context, Feeling refers to decisions that are partial and personally evaluated, Fi more so by the subject, and Fe more so by the object. The values brought forth by Fi are ideals, which may not be congruent with reality. Through Fi, we may notice, for instance, that a friend is in distress because the impression of the friend has not met our typical ideal of happiness. Fe contrasts Fi in that through it, we may see that someone is in distress because their impression isn't congruent with the social status quo. Fi would motivate us to address other individuals on a particular level; and only when an sextraverted function notices relationships between individuals do we see a larger group dynamic.

A good example of these functions could be found in Rousseau's theories about the Noble Savage. According to Rousseau, a man who was free of societies constraints was essentially good and ideal (though not necessarily moral). However, it was civilization that could lead to his corruption if he did not abide by the general will of the people. Rousseau was also anti-rational, and thought that measuring, quantifying, and ruling were impediments upon realizing true human nature.

The idealized nature of Fi also leads many along spiritual paths, though not necessarily religious ones. In most popular spiritual beliefs, God is thought to be ultimate and infinite perfection. However, this personal relationship with God is often a sort of inner-harmony, and is not easily influenced by objective information.

Fi encourages us to be either attracted or repelled by specific things and people in accordance with our own standards. Therefore, an overbearing Fi preference would lead us to silently avoid, rather than openly engage. While a negative Fe judgement may be imagined as a violent doorslam, a negative Fi judgement would be imagined as an unanswered doorbell ring.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

sextraverted?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    sextraverted?
    Dolphins are very extraverted.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRicmYXmDhg"]lololololol[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ever since taking those 20-question "i am interested in people Y/N" quizzes back in high school, i've been under the impression that an essential difference between F (both Fe and Fi) and T (both Te and Ti) was that F is person-oriented while T is system-oriented, and what T gains in logic, F gains in person-understanding. there is little question that Fe is a person-oriented function, but recently, the question has been raised as to whether Fi is as well, or not.

if Fi is not person-oriented, then what separates it from Ti? a lack of adhering to logical rules. but, then, where does the rationality come from? if Fi does not value things based on how much meaning they hold to people (oneself or others), what is the basis of the value systems it generates? and, if it is not related to people, then what does it share in common with Fe?

i currently lean toward the idea that it is, being that Fi is attuned to individuals and individual value schemata, including oneself and one's own values. but perhaps Fi is just easily applicable to people because people are often not logical.

i'd love to hear others' opinions on this.

Fi is a field-independent person-oriented function.
    Empathy is about the subject. Only pity is about the object.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Fi is a field-independent person-oriented function.
    Empathy is about the subject. Only pity is about the object.
    Your Ti is razor sharp, man.