User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I still would disagree. Yeah, Ti and Se are adaptive/pragmatic/what have you.. but it's not necessary to weigh these things as better. If that's how you see it, then that's how it's going to be for you. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be. There is no objective take on this. Where Fi types don't have the same knack for logical thinking, they make up for aesthetic and value oriented decisions. Life will easily be a pain in the ass though if you've decided to quantify something that you don't have as better. Be it some dude's car, his camel, his wife, or his MBTI functions.
    I wouldn't lie to myself to be happy.

Unlike you, some Fi doms tend to be different and have a tendency to accommodate Extraverted Judgement, I think. Some people may go through lives seeing themselves as inferior to it (or at least overwhelmed) and investing too much power in it..playing down their own judgement/ Fi perspective because it's different in comparison. And they're problem is not even being Se or Ne enough. It has nothing to do with Te being better. It's that they don't have much of a extroverted perspective of their own to counteract it and find their position in the world. Once they do, people will take notice (and don't take my word for it.. I got this out of Thomson's book. And it's something I kind of already knew anyways). The minute I started living and seeing the world for what it was on my own terms, I was better off. I learned how to make my own decisions more, evaluate my direction, or see what was meaningful. Having Te would be overkill for me personally. I don't need it when I'm already Fi and Se (maybe some Ti, whatever). And whatever things I'm not living up to, what I'm failing at - I'm not going to excuse myself with MBTI. It's my own faults.
    It's not a matter of excusing yourself. A person who was born ugly, poor and stupid is still responsible towards himself for his own happiness. That doesn't make it illogical that it would be easier to be born pretty, rich and intelligent. I'm not say being ESTP is better objectively any more than being pretty or rich or intelligent is better. I'm saying it seems EASIER in some ways.

Hmm.. Well.. there's an ESTP (maybe F though) who I like a heck of a lot, but he barely gets out at all since his mom died. He's very hard to cheer up - and it's been going on for nearly a year. He's starting to see counseling, but his wife looks to me as one of the people who can help him a bit actually. Or just listen to her even. I knew another who I almost fell for, but she was an alky - and instead of dating, it just became this thing where I wanted her to go to AA meetings. She'd sit and drink 18 packs with nobody else, just sitting around doing nothing. Her problem is that before she met me, she had a daughter she wasn't ready for, and had to give her up to adoption. She had never been well since. My point being that some hardships aren't quantifiable. I know you know this, so I'm not trying to be condescending. It's just needs to be said.. Life can be a bitch for anyone.

A window to the soul

better: INTJ
    best: ISTP
    bestest: INTP <3

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'll say that ENFJ's probably have it best socially. They're N preference doesn't really limit them in general society imo, at least compared to the rest of us. You guys think ESTP's have it good? I can't disagree too much, but there are also a lot of ESTP's who fail in life for various reasons. The ESTP friends that I have generally do well socially and are quite understanding, but then again, they wouldn't be my friends if they didn't have a developed F.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hmm.. Well.. there's an ESTP (maybe F though) who I like a heck of a lot, but he barely gets out at all since his mom died. He's very hard to cheer up - and it's been going on for nearly a year. He's starting to see counseling, but his wife looks to me as one of the people who can help him a bit actually. Or just listen to her even. I knew another who I almost fell for, but she was an alky - and instead of dating, it just became this thing where I wanted her to go to AA meetings. She'd sit and drink 18 packs with nobody else, just sitting around doing nothing. Her problem is that before she met me, she had a daughter she wasn't ready for, and had to give her up to adoption. She had never been well since. My point being that some hardships aren't quantifiable. I know you know this, so I'm not trying to be condescending. It's just needs to be said.. Life can be a bitch for anyone.
    Definitely. I guess the whole in my theory is that we don't live in perfect world were we are responsible for our happiness alone, but are also forced to be responsible for the happiness of others.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I find it interesting that 90% of the choices for 'best type' in this thread are Extroverted. There also seems to be a bias of T > F.

I was expecting to see a bit more of a N > S bias, but it seems to be pretty even.

I think it would be interesting to make a poll where one could choose multiple things, And have people choose between "E or I", "N or S" etc etc... And see how each individual letter fares against it's alternative. I might do that.....
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram

I like INFP's the best! Most people are disappointing to get to know, but the more you know an INFP, the deeper and more interesting the relationship becomes. It's like they have a secret, magical river running through their soul. And when they feel comfortable with you, they can be very funny. They are also very smart, but not in a patronizing, condescending sort of way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

ISTPs seem to have the best ballance. They seem more independent, self-sufficienct and reasonable than ESTPs and less conflicted than INTPs. As long as they don't fuck themself physiclally in some daredevil escapade they should be fine.

I know INTPs are not the "best" under typical objective standards. Nevertheless, I am happy being an INTP and would never wish to permanently be any other than a INTPga.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    The mentally healthy type is the best type.
    Bah. Mentally healthy people are boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i agree that healthy ENFJs seem to have it very good: they naturally come about being outspoken, perceptive, decisive, warm, charismatic, and confident.

but then, i don't have an insider's view.