• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the Best Type?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I still would disagree. Yeah, Ti and Se are adaptive/pragmatic/what have you.. but it's not necessary to weigh these things as better. If that's how you see it, then that's how it's going to be for you. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be. There is no objective take on this. Where Fi types don't have the same knack for logical thinking, they make up for aesthetic and value oriented decisions. Life will easily be a pain in the ass though if you've decided to quantify something that you don't have as better. Be it some dude's car, his camel, his wife, or his MBTI functions.

I wouldn't lie to myself to be happy.

Unlike you, some Fi doms tend to be different and have a tendency to accommodate Extraverted Judgement, I think. Some people may go through lives seeing themselves as inferior to it (or at least overwhelmed) and investing too much power in it..playing down their own judgement/ Fi perspective because it's different in comparison. And they're problem is not even being Se or Ne enough. It has nothing to do with Te being better. It's that they don't have much of a extroverted perspective of their own to counteract it and find their position in the world. Once they do, people will take notice (and don't take my word for it.. I got this out of Thomson's book. And it's something I kind of already knew anyways). The minute I started living and seeing the world for what it was on my own terms, I was better off. I learned how to make my own decisions more, evaluate my direction, or see what was meaningful. Having Te would be overkill for me personally. I don't need it when I'm already Fi and Se (maybe some Ti, whatever). And whatever things I'm not living up to, what I'm failing at - I'm not going to excuse myself with MBTI. It's my own faults.

It's not a matter of excusing yourself. A person who was born ugly, poor and stupid is still responsible towards himself for his own happiness. That doesn't make it illogical that it would be easier to be born pretty, rich and intelligent. I'm not say being ESTP is better objectively any more than being pretty or rich or intelligent is better. I'm saying it seems EASIER in some ways.

KDude

Hmm.. Well.. there's an ESTP (maybe F though) who I like a heck of a lot, but he barely gets out at all since his mom died. He's very hard to cheer up - and it's been going on for nearly a year. He's starting to see counseling, but his wife looks to me as one of the people who can help him a bit actually. Or just listen to her even. I knew another who I almost fell for, but she was an alky - and instead of dating, it just became this thing where I wanted her to go to AA meetings. She'd sit and drink 18 packs with nobody else, just sitting around doing nothing. Her problem is that before she met me, she had a daughter she wasn't ready for, and had to give her up to adoption. She had never been well since. My point being that some hardships aren't quantifiable. I know you know this, so I'm not trying to be condescending. It's just needs to be said.. Life can be a bitch for anyone.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I'll say that ENFJ's probably have it best socially. They're N preference doesn't really limit them in general society imo, at least compared to the rest of us. You guys think ESTP's have it good? I can't disagree too much, but there are also a lot of ESTP's who fail in life for various reasons. The ESTP friends that I have generally do well socially and are quite understanding, but then again, they wouldn't be my friends if they didn't have a developed F.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmm.. Well.. there's an ESTP (maybe F though) who I like a heck of a lot, but he barely gets out at all since his mom died. He's very hard to cheer up - and it's been going on for nearly a year. He's starting to see counseling, but his wife looks to me as one of the people who can help him a bit actually. Or just listen to her even. I knew another who I almost fell for, but she was an alky - and instead of dating, it just became this thing where I wanted her to go to AA meetings. She'd sit and drink 18 packs with nobody else, just sitting around doing nothing. Her problem is that before she met me, she had a daughter she wasn't ready for, and had to give her up to adoption. She had never been well since. My point being that some hardships aren't quantifiable. I know you know this, so I'm not trying to be condescending. It's just needs to be said.. Life can be a bitch for anyone.

Definitely. I guess the whole in my theory is that we don't live in perfect world were we are responsible for our happiness alone, but are also forced to be responsible for the happiness of others.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I find it interesting that 90% of the choices for 'best type' in this thread are Extroverted. There also seems to be a bias of T > F.

I was expecting to see a bit more of a N > S bias, but it seems to be pretty even.

I think it would be interesting to make a poll where one could choose multiple things, And have people choose between "E or I", "N or S" etc etc... And see how each individual letter fares against it's alternative. I might do that.....

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like INFP's the best! Most people are disappointing to get to know, but the more you know an INFP, the deeper and more interesting the relationship becomes. It's like they have a secret, magical river running through their soul. And when they feel comfortable with you, they can be very funny. They are also very smart, but not in a patronizing, condescending sort of way.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISTPs seem to have the best ballance. They seem more independent, self-sufficienct and reasonable than ESTPs and less conflicted than INTPs. As long as they don't fuck themself physiclally in some daredevil escapade they should be fine.

I know INTPs are not the "best" under typical objective standards. Nevertheless, I am happy being an INTP and would never wish to permanently be any other than a INTPga.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i agree that healthy ENFJs seem to have it very good: they naturally come about being outspoken, perceptive, decisive, warm, charismatic, and confident.

but then, i don't have an insider's view.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps there's a reason the world is full of ISTJs. Just sayin'.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I would say ESTP. INTJs have a cool thought process but I would never want to be one.

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP
How do you define best? As the one having the easiest time living and achieving societial goals? Or is a totally subjective opinion?

ENTJ = Best to be.
INFJ = Best to know.
ESTP = Most action-filled life.

Take one.

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
Best of what? My own bias in the answer of who I consider the best.

In my opinion the best type is an INFJ. The ability to have vision in helping and understanding people along with following through on creative impulses is more valuable to me than that of exciting events. Of course, I might be one, but that's fine. We are giving our opinions and what I typed here isn't going to have any real impact on anyone at the end of the day. (nor should it)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Beside my type...

1. ESTP (male)
2. ISTJ
3. ENTJ (male)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The best type, I'm going to go with balance as my definition of best in this instance, would be with those who voted ENFJ. They are charismatic, they care, they can quickly gather a great deal of info from just a few insights. The E makes them survive in the outer world. The N let's them have rich inner world. The Se allows for a great deal of physical intimacy (sex). It seems to fit the perfect bill of interaction with both themselves and others. Introverted Thinking is personal structure, but the structure they have to create in order to acomplish their activities inevitably works it's way into their judging process. Of course an INTP would say this, wouldn't they? :blush:

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
In my head i've been thinking of it as two different categories, best to know and best to be.
And they are going to be subjective because i imagine different types will be more interested and drawn to different types.

Personally,

ENTP- Best to be
ISJF- Best to know