• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraverted Intuition: A Quick Reference Guide

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. Written in a positive light.

Too much Ne can however be a burden at times too.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouuh dont ask. I've had the balls for so many stupid and dangerous things already in my life, I deserve to die as an eunuch. But hey, the bright side is, if you are an eunuch you maybe are permitted in the woman locker room, cause so what ? :D

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
yes as a helper function to my Ti this is a good description of my use of Ne. From a non social perspective that is, which I think Fe is better at helping me with.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This description makes me feel like browsing TVTropes.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
good stuff! i thought the choice of words in some instances painted a really good picture of what's going on, like

Detects emerging possibilities in the information, events, and objects in the environment.

and this:
I love the rush of finding a new approach, a new concept, or a new idea.
is very accurate

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I can relate to this quite a bit.

G

Ginkgo

Leaps from one data point to another, in no apparent order, to find connection.

quantum3.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm still searching for a profession where my Ne can really be put to good use.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can relate to a ton of this. Especially things like:

• I love the rush of finding a new approach, a new concept, or a new idea.
  • Every time I near closure, I come up with a new possibility.
  • My decision is never final. Just the current best option.
  • Trying to explain to others how situation A connects to B and C can be frustrating.
  • I need to really inspire you and have you enjoy it, or I have failed.*
  • I see a series of links rapidly appearing, each connecting to the next, with no gaps. It's very much like the way a computer operates.
  • I love to see my ideas come to fruition, but I'd rather someone else be the one to do that part.
  • Generating possibilities is the fun part. Choosing from among them reduces the options, so I tend to keep gathering information and generating options rather than moving on to decision making.

*I bolded that one in particular because it's something I've experienced many times. I don't just a need to share my ideas with others...I have a need for others to understand and agree with/help build on those ideas. That's a major difference between Ne and Ni...I don't think Ni particularly cares whether or not anyone else sees its ideas as worthwhile.

Side note: In case no one has already mentioned, these function reference guides need to be stickied.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Quantum Leap ! Nice, even with Jonathan Archer, my absolute fav. :D I've to watch this !

I successfully just brought two business partners together today on an event and I had another idea for expanding our networking work in the department of economical growth onto a whole new level ! They so gonna kiss my ass this years x-mas gratification period :D.

I wondered lately if I've lost a bit or almost all of my Ne by working in administration and by having the need to actually become much much more serious. But I thought, since they say ENTPs make good lawyers, what a lawyer needs to know is boring administrative law stuff aswell, so I dont think I've lost my ENTP-mojo by being able to understand things going on in the office. It has changed me tho a bit and from time it's necessary to let the bomb explode and to do something stupid, so far so good.. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah its a good description but a lil embarrassing isn't it? I mean..do I want people to know this shit? Makes the ne doms sound like nutbags kinda.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
well atleast you dont use Ti aswell. Those people are scary.

Most of the time Fi helps mellow the Ne out more than Ti.

Jaguar

Yeah its a good description but a lil embarrassing isn't it? I mean..do I want people to know this shit? Makes the ne doms sound like nutbags kinda.

Ne can be your greatest dream, or your worst nightmare. Fi can be the most noble of men or a terrorist bomber. Fe can cheer you to the finish line or smother you with a pillow. Who decides the direction?

We do.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

You make that sound soooooo negative! :D

Oh and yes, the descriptions are written in a very positive light, but it's also very accurate. Meh, I can live with that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne can be your greatest dream, or your worst nightmare. Fi can be the most noble of men or a terrorist bomber. Fe can cheer you to the finish line or smother you with a pillow. Who decides the direction?

We do.

yeah yeah...you're right i know... was half joking...like usual. :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
great read. i couldn't find anything i could seriously disagree with.

disappointing.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Hell yeah! I am thinking about sending out a blast email of this info to some of my friends and saying "See! This is what is going on in my head!!!"