• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted Feeling: A Quick Reference Guide

Jaguar

Can anyone give me a good explanation why you need to be an Fi user to be able to write about Fi?

It seems like no one is really complaining on the other descriptions this INFJ wrote. And what has this borderline conspiracy thinking of her being an Fe user have to do with her descriptions? Its such a stupid argument.

Perhaps we should just delete the entire thread because 2 members don't like it. :wink:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps we should just delete the entire thread because 2 members don't like it. :wink:

I like the thread in general....I'm just not crazy about the description in the OP. I thought the point of the thread was to discuss it.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like the thread in general....I'm just not crazy about the description in the OP. I thought the point of the thread was to discuss it.

Me, too... I'm puzzled by the attitudes of upset or condescension towards people's critiques and agreements/disagreements. The OP and people's reactions seem like good discussion fodder to me. I don't think anyone is angry with the OP, just trying to zero in on exactly which parts seem accurate and which parts seem off the mark.

EDIT: Do think the guides are useful to have up and also glad they are attributed, as well (so people who want to buy the book can do so).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Maybe Jaguar just wants a pat on the back for typing it up. Good job Jaguar, thanks, here's a gold star:

gold_star.jpg

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJs often try to make INFPs seem like they're lazy & unmotivated & only react in a pouty, bratty manner when they don't get their way; in a word, they see the INFP as childish, and that's how this description reads to me.

Why?

Jaguar

I like the thread in general....I'm just not crazy about the description in the OP.

Let's use your own self-description, then:

I'm not very self-sacrificing at all. I can be a bit selfish & self-absorbed actually.

Thanks for enlightening us. I'll add it to the OP if you like.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
EDIT: Do think the guides are useful to have up and also glad they are attributed, as well (so people who want to buy the book can do so).

word. I'm actually about to head over to the library and see if they have it once I get out of class, I totally dig the bullet point format of this whole series of threads.

On that note, anyone who's read the book (AKA Jaguar) what context are these lists in? Are they introductions to sections on certain functions, inserts, etc.?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

IDK, you tell me. You don't seem to be one of those INFJs though, so I don't seriously expect you to explain thinking you don't identify with (unless you're saying that you do). I base my statement on statements that I've seen INFJs make online regarding INFPs & Fi. I think the Vicky Jo reference is the perfect example of this (and even she seems to admit her own major bias against INFPs). It seems a willful misunderstanding of another type, possibly due to resentment in confusion with that type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's use your own self-description, then:

Thanks for enlightening us. I'll add it to the OP if you like.

Add what, that I'm comfortable in admitting real flaws in myself? I don't even remember the context of that quote anyway (which is at least a little important).

Jaguar

word. I'm actually about to head over to the library and see if they have it once I get out of class, I totally dig the bullet point format of this whole series of threads.

On that note, anyone who's read the book (AKA Jaguar) what context are these lists in? Are they introductions to sections on certain functions, inserts, etc.?

What I put up are merely abbreviated versions of the chapters on the processes. There's no way I would type up the entire chapters. Lol. The book goes much more in-depth discussing them. The problem is the supply of the book is limited, and even Amazon has but a few copies, selling them for far too high a price. But if you can get a copy, go for it!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ did you use the exact words and phrases, or paraphrase in your own voice? Since I generally type you as an ENFJ, your own lens could be at play too.

If I was not familiar with MBTI & other function descriptions, I don't know if I'd be typing myself Fi-dom from this.

stringstheory said:
It's not that totally it's inaccurate for me, but more that at times it's just barely accurate because the grip on Fi isn't as strong as it would be coming from someone who actually uses/prefers it.

To me, this is the point. Descriptions like this vs the Fe one is the reason in my twenties that I seriously thought I was INFJ for a while. Because, in the world, I manifest and look like an Fe-er.

Is a description helpful if it serves to create confusion? Is data meaningful if it cannot be analyzed and debated?

I'm not saying this to offend anyone, I am always interested in really pursuing this topic.

Plus, it's interesting that emotional intentions are being read into our opinions, but if I may say, doing so fulfills the Fe stereotype quite handily too. Any dissension is read as a threat to the group, and the individual perpetrators are met with attempts to diminish their voice.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
IDK, you tell me. You don't seem to be one of those INFJs though, so I don't seriously expect you to explain thinking you don't identify with (unless you're saying that you do). I base my statement on statements that I've seen INFJs make online regarding INFPs & Fi. I think the Vicky Jo reference is the perfect example of this (and even she seems to admit her own major bias against INFPs). It seems a willful misunderstanding of another type, possibly due to resentment in confusion with that type.

I know its not about me personally :) No, I don't come from that place, thats why its so intriguing to hear about. I just want to understand your view and experience and so on. I know you can't speak from their mindset, but it seems important to hear more about theses experiences, ideas, behavior, all of it, because I don't have near the background on this topic as you and others have.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
After reading through it for the 42nd time, this is the main part that I have complaints about...

Gifts:

* Knowing when others are in internal distress.
- Doesn't work accurately all the time and can seem pretentious (cf Pretentious Fi thread). Doesn't make me a billionaire
* A talent for helping people one-on-one.
- Sadly only works one way. Good for a career as a bartender, but doesn't make me a billionaire :)
* Authenticity and sincerity.
- Oh yeah, the most sought after thing in the corporate and political world :D Definitely doesn't make a billionaire
* Moral stability.
- Can seem holier than thou, and still doesn't make me a billionaire
* Spirituality.
- Doesn't make me a billi... *goes and becomes a televangelist* :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i don't have a problem with the guide, and i definitely appreciate jaguar posting it. i thought the Fe guide was great, too. i don't think this Fi guide is pejorative as much as i just think it sounds unfamiliar the way it's worded. i read the Ne guide too and while of course i didn't feel like i resonated 110% with every point, for the most part it was worded in a way that i could easily picture and relate to. i have trouble relating to the way these statements are expressed, and i didn't write it off as individual difference because others were expressing the same thing. when i suggested someone reword it, i meant exactly that - change the words - and i'd have tried it myself but i thought it would have a better chance of being more "pure" coming from a Fi dom. i'm not trying to knock the guide down, just to refine it.

stringstheory said:
It's not that totally it's inaccurate for me, but more that at times it's just barely accurate because the grip on Fi isn't as strong as it would be coming from someone who actually uses/prefers it.

exactly. i'd rather hear it in the words of someone who utilizes it because then it helps me understand the mindset better. Fi authenticity checking in action! :)

i imagine TPs will question the Ti guide in a similar way. it's what Ji functions do.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fi Gifts -- paralleling them from Fe Gifts. feel more than welcome to adjust/shoot down these

edited out to ensure no misrepresentation of haas' work

Last edited:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
but it feels very much like someone looking at me from the outside. It doesn't really say anything about how values are formed or how the thought process actually works, as the other descriptions seem to do. Maybe it's that Fi "demands a more than ordinary descriptive or artistic ability before the real wealth of [it] can be even approximately presented or communicated to the world."

I agree - it doesn't say anything about *the passion* it seems to be conceptualised as a formal give/take, which will frustrate any description of the process.

rav3n

An interesting break down of Fi. All along, considered it a pain in the ass but after reading that, I now have textual confirmation that it really IS a pain in the ass.