User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

I agree that the Fi description seems to be a bit cold and lacking. There be some judgment built into that description me thinks.

But-I noticed many of the Fi doms describing differences in how they externalize what may or may not be Fi but might be Fe just maybe in this thread.

I have met several enfps who note finding Ni-the real deal-occasionally as it is our fifth function. It feels very obvious and strange when this happens. Do you guys think perhaps at times may be able to tap into bits of Fe, as long as it doesnt violate your core Fi values? I really have no idea or even speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Jeffster's enthusiasm is annoying. I remember him telling purplechknz (sp?), when she was asking for some advice, that he didn't believe in bi-polar disorders or anything like that, and that she was just probably born that way - that whatever she's experiencing is her normal, healthy self. I swear. His enthusiasm has the downside of being completely thoughtless.

I would say what Fi enthusiasm really is is what I'm doing right now. Offering up my opinion and risking unpopularity about a popular member, without giving a damn.
    Ok, the way it was posted would probably irritate me a bit (that is for sure.)

Though, I'm talking about his enthusiasm in general I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I agree that the Fi description seems to be a bit cold and lacking. There be some judgment built into that description me thinks.

But-I noticed many of the Fi doms describing differences in how they externalize what may or may not be Fi but might be Fe just maybe in this thread.

I have met several enfps who note finding Ni-the real deal-occasionally as it is our fifth function. It feels very obvious and strange when this happens. Do you guys think perhaps at times may be able to tap into bits of Fe, as long as it doesnt violate your core Fi values? I really have no idea or even speculation....
    Could be Fe, or it could be Fi with Se/Ne. Something like keeping a group together could easily look like Fe. But in another understanding, it could just be Fi that wants to be able to keep the group together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That was from an ISFP or INFP. It's from a section entitled: FROM THE INSIDE. That's how those particular people felt - on the inside.

Just because you may not agree with that particular Fi Dom, doesn't mean they don't have the the right to express what is true of themselves. Fi is that subjective. A Dom Fi could be a terrorist bomber. You might not like that either, but it's who they are. That's their own personal belief system, not yours. And just because they differ from you, doesn't mean it's not Fi. Be careful about denying others their rights to express who they are - if you head down that slippery slope then you better be willing to give up your own right to do the same.
    You could say I don't idealize avoiding slippery slopes.. I'll just act like I'm out at the waterpark or something. Good times. Redefine the slippery slope as "fun".

Too much innocent bloodshed with a terrorist bomber. I don't care who they are inside. They apparently don't care about others in an even more extreme way, so it's necessary to stop them. Not sure if I want to just eliminate someone like that completely though. Unless necessary. I wouldn't demand their non-existence. I'd let one sit in a cell and be themselves, I guess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

People don't have to accept being personally defined by your words, either.
    It's a free country, man, let everyone have their say. Participation is wonderful ... all are welcome here.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    O Lord Kumbaya

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Of course, in my latest post I was just responding to PeaceBaby's query. I was trying to establish that we Fi-doms use a completely different cognitive process (Decision-making List) from that used by Fe-doms. So we don't need to covet their List.
    I don't covet their list, I have core values that make me look like I embody it in how I live my life. Do you see the difference? I've been busy with other stuff atm and I apologize that I haven't had time to reflect & create a response to your previous post; but I do understand that the decision making processes as defined in these lists are not core values. My insight was wrt to what I think of the people behind those statements and imagine what the core values would be of the person who would say them.

I appreciate your post, and will share more on it soon.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    O Lord Kumbaya
    What would we do without Jaguar?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just re-read the OP and for the life of me I still can't figure out what you people are bitching about.

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    O Lord Kumbaya
    AWWWWW!

Ginkgo

Is it really the best use of one's time to sit and analyze one's brain until it vaporizes and settles at the base of their skull as primordial goop? It's Fi. It's not an all-or-nothing depiction of one's entire thought process; nor is it an overarching rule for behavior. The behaviors noted in the description were only abbreviated tendencies. Proteanmix has already noted this, so why the clench on absolute perfection?