User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Let's not start the Fe vs Fi debates again... We've already done that three zillion times on this forum, doesn't it get old? I mean, it's to the point where I don't even want to open another Fe or Fi thread, or do so only hesitantly.

Just cover Fe.

(Or let's talk about how wonderful Ti is, as Fe's complementary opposite!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Ti is hawt.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Let's not start the Fe vs Fi debates again... We've already done that three zillion times on this forum, doesn't it get old? I mean, it's to the point where I don't even want to open another Fe or Fi thread, or do so only hesitantly.

Just cover Fe.

(Or let's talk about how wonderful Ti is, as Fe's complementary opposite!)
    They started it!

Mom! Fi-user is touching me!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Ti is hawt.
    yay!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hey, hey I was a bad kid in the Fi thread too *blushes*

Edit: Am I the only one that cant find the popcorn emoticon? I think it seems useful in Fi/Fe threads.

And we need a liferaft emoticon

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Ti is hawt.
    Hellz yeah. My pensiveness brings all the girls to the yard...
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    Hellz yeah. My pensiveness brings all the girls to the yard...
    Shake that brain, boy!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    However, Ti is much easier to describe than Fi anyway, as Jung himself & several typology authors have noted...
    Yes I think that is the problem, Fi is tricky. Particularly, it is hard to describe and observe Fi in its positive forms as Jung noted in Psychological Types:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung
    It is unquestionably difficult to give an intellectual presentation of the introverted feeling process, or even an approximate description of it...It is a feeling which apparently depreciates the object; hence it usually becomes noticeable in its negative manifestations. The existence of a positive feeling can be inferred only indirectly, as it were.

p.489-490
    So hopefully we can cut the author some slack here on his Fi description.

Edit: All Fi vs. Fe squabbles aside, I thought this was a very good description of Fe.

Enneagram
    1w2

OK, please let's not do this. I've noticed the people who have tried to make this an issue are the typical people who make such things issues when it comes to Fi and Fe. PB, I can move your most to What's my Type if you'd like.

I have this book Jaguar referenced. He basically copy + pasted the last part of the chapter about each function where they take defining statements from people who use a particular function. Fe and Fi both have nine pages each as do all functions. The chapters describe each function from the outside in and from the inside out. He choose a breakdown of statements from each Key Feature, which means there's also a lot that I'm sure for the sake of effort was left out.

Maybe those who find these descriptions incomplete should check out the book on google books to see if anything was missed in this summary.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

See, OA and I are very different people (just focussing on the two of us as most vocal); and her contention with these descriptions is not the same as mine, yet both of us (as Fi doms) feel there's something wrong, so we are trying to name it from our own unique POV's.

Because likely the CORE of what's wrong is the same, and that's why we feel the need to pick it apart, see what the CORE issue is because both of us have the same feeling, if not for the exact same reasons.

If her and I (and other Fi-ers) were to work away at exploring that, we would very likely identify the issues and narrow down both their scope and focus.

It's likely INFP's have the most issue, followed by ENFP's ... then we would scrape away at why just we Fi doms take contention with the lists, and then we would dig deeper to internally explore our own selves in this process, perhaps exposing an area or areas of insecurity or growth opportunity.

We will just keep exploring and exploring it, 'til we get to a place where we feel we have true understanding. When I feel something is wrong, I need to work that feeling as long as it takes and for as much effort as it takes, to get myself to feeling right.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching