User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I have an INTJ friend that has a job working with people with physical and mental disabilities.
    Autistic INFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I have an INTJ friend that has a job working with people with physical and mental disabilities.
    I'm surprised he has both the patience and the patients!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    The ENTJ teacher!)
    How about an ENTJ carpenter?

I've had not one, but two INT massage therapists. One used to be a lawyer; she joked she went from rubbing people the wrong way to rubbing them the right way. I think she told that joke to every single client. She gave very businesslike massages.

The other was an IT guy who was also changing professions. I loved to talk to him because he knew so much about anatomy and physiology, but his bedside manner was seriously lacking. Once I asked how my back looked, meaning was it aligned correctly or whatever, and he responded "well, there seems to be more of it these days." Needless to say that was the last massage I ever got from him.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Question

Intp here,going to med school

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I'm not sure if INFJs interested in psychological research would be typical or not. I'll end up teaching at the same time too, since that's usually how it works in college settings. I think the most typical job in psych for an INFJ would be counselor, but I don't think that would make me happy unless I had reliable patients. Meeting people for one session and not seeing them ever again sounds disheartening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I'm taking the same Psychology teacher for a second quarter, and he was discussing his choice to become a psychologist/teacher-researcher instead of a clinical therapist/psychiatrist. (I like him a lot and his tangents, and was wondering mildly of his MBTI type before this came up.) One of the reasons he gave was that he found that his extraverted, thinking, perceiving temperment (ExTP) wasn't all that great for listening to people's problems and helping them through them - not ideal for clinical therapy as an IxSP is.

And I was imagining him being all loud and talkative and sometimes mean as a therapist.

But it made me think of all the MBTI stereotype professions: the INTJ scientist, the ISTJ accoutant, the ESTP business major.... Well what about those who have taken anti-stereotype professions? (Serious real-life or hilariously imagined. Or hilarious real-life and seriously imagined.) (The ISFP lawyer! The ENTJ teacher!)
    1) That guy has dumb reasons, I hope that's not really why he switched. John Beebe is an ENTP and has done therapy for over 30 years.
    2) An ISFP lawyer is actually fairly likely. My INFP roomate is planning on being a lawyer, and this is an inspiring path for domfis, because law apeals to both of thier spine (hero and animus) functions. It satisfies thier dominant and reduces thier sense of inferiority around extraverted thinking.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What about an ESFJ mathematician?
    I know an ESFJ high school teacher, which may sound stereotypical but she had to take analysis among other amazingly theoretical stuff for her undergrad math major. By the way, another ESFJ friend I know got higher SAT scores than me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    1) That guy has dumb reasons, I hope that's not really why he switched. John Beebe is an ENTP and has done therapy for over 30 years.
    2) An ISFP lawyer is actually fairly likely. My INFP roomate is planning on being a lawyer, and this is an inspiring path for domfis, because law apeals to both of thier spine (hero and animus) functions. It satisfies thier dominant and reduces thier sense of inferiority around extraverted thinking.
    Fe is the least used judging function in law, and Si is probably the least used percieving. Considering extraverts have an advantage in law, the ISFJ is the least lawyerish type. Even they would have an advantage with their self sacrificing nature though.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I know an ESFJ high school teacher, which may sound stereotypical but she had to take analysis among other amazingly theoretical stuff for her undergrad math major. By the way, another ESFJ friend I know got higher SAT scores than me.
    Hey, I'm an ESFJ and I got a 1480! I was a Film and Media Arts major in college, as well (Business minor).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

An ISFP lawyer is actually fairly likely. My INFP roomate is planning on being a lawyer, and this is an inspiring path for domfis, because law apeals to both of thier spine (hero and animus) functions. It satisfies thier dominant and reduces thier sense of inferiority around extraverted thinking.
    INFP, and I want to be a lawyer.
    I can get really passionate about things.
    Also even though I am an NF, I can fake passion for things I don't believe in.
    Finally, I can take myself out of a case.. I am simply someone that is defending or prosecuting.
    I'm sure a lot of NF's are capable of this.