User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    This doesn't actually seem all that off the wall. Teachers are sort of "in charge" of the people they are teaching, and ENTJ's do seem to have a variety of possible interests that, based on how people usually seem to work,. they would want to bring other people up to speed on.

(ENTJ teachers do seem like they would work out slightly better than the stereotypical "I'm right and that's how it is" type of teachers, and might prefer people take more initiative, but would still seem likely to have that "in charge" mentality, and seem that they would be hard to approach.)
    I can see the benefits of having an ENTJ teacher. If they take you all on as soldiers to shape into suceeding individuals! I guess I don't mind the intimidation factor much because I am not easily intimidated, but I remember plenty of my classmates being terrified of our bipolar Chem teacher. (Which meant it fell to me to ask him such genius questions as: Will the scantron work hole-punched?)

I guess it is just odd to think of an ENTJ teacher because I haven't witnessed any. ISFJs galore, a few ESFJs, ESTPs, and INFxs abound in K-12. College: lots of INTxs and some ISFxs and INFxs and ExTPs.

I suspect it is very interesting to see how these types use their temperments to be good/efficient in their professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
    I'd like to be a children's author. Does that go against the INTJ stereotype? (I'm honestly not sure.)
    Hmmm... An INTJ children's book author who doesn't like kids... Uberfuhrer's Guide for Sneaking into Cool PG-13 CGI Movies For Kids.

I'm just teasing though. I'm fairly sure Orson Scott Card is an INTJ (or certainly his books exude it somewhat). And he's an acclaimed author.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Hmmm... An INTJ children's book author who doesn't like kids... Uberfuhrer's Guide for Sneaking into Cool PG-13 CGI Movies For Kids.
    I must admit that I enjoyed that CG TMNT movie (for what it was). I also liked that Final Fantasy movie of a few years ago (but I've never played the games).

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I'm just teasing though. I'm fairly sure Orson Scott Card is an INTJ (or certainly his books exude it somewhat). And he's an acclaimed author.
    Orson Scott Card wrote Ender's Game as a book for adults. He never intended it to be such a popular piece of children's literature. Although, technically that is the first rule to writing a children's book. Write something that an adult would want to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't think that an NTJ would make a good sensitivity councilor my old roommates and I used to joke about our ENTJ roommate as a sensitivity councilor

they also joked that I'd be the worst librarian on the planet- probably NOT a good ESTP job!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think that an NTJ would make a good sensitivity councilor my old roommates and I used to joke about our ENTJ roommate as a sensitivity councilor
    I dunno, to me, constructive criticism is more sensitive than ass-kissing!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What about an ESFJ mathematician?
    My mother is one of those. It's truly bizarre.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    I love it!

And Whatever, you would be a great librarian if you embraced the need for fines.

I could see you as a children's librarian, making paper cranes for peace, working with the Teen Players, leading holiday sing-a-longs, setting up wild displays for summer reading programs, helping kids come up with interesting topics for research projects, showing kids how to set up their own web pages on MySpace. Libraries aren't just about books. You'd be a natural.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that!

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INTP truck driver/pastor

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm married to an INTP truck driver who went to school to be a pastor.
    Another great one!

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that!
    I keep thinking she has to be N, but personality-wise, she's extremely SJ. Perhaps her intuition is restricted to her math? I do not know.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic